* August sits at a desk, speaking to a tape recorder, addressing a secretary named Dianne.
* August says into the recorder that after months of procrastination he intends to sort through the wreckage of the previous summer's expedition.
* The back screen of the "study" shows a projected image of a lake.
* August says to the recorder that this is the lake against which they were racing time.
* The next slide shows the house, where August says they were staying during the expedition.
* Another slide shows the construction of the dam and engineers preparing the lake bed which will be built.
* The next slide shows the dig, as August explains that the engineers uncovered evidence of an extensive village site less than 600 feet from the house.
* The sound of a car stopping outside is heard and car doors opening and closing.
* August ends with saying into the recorder...
This section contains 2,815 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)