|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does the chaplain have towards women?
2. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
3. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
4. Why couldn't Kattrin pull the cart by herself?
5. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "humanity" in "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 2
Motherhood is one of the defining traits of Mother Courage's character. How does "motherhood" function in "Mother Courage and Her Children"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what characterizes and defines the climax and denouement of "Mother Courage".
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)