Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
3. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
War is the context, driving force, and most prominent character in "Mother Courage and Her Children".
Part 1) Who is "War", the character?
Part 2) What is Brecht's statement about "War"?
There can be a fine line between lie and delusion in "Mother Courage".
Part 1: What are characters' relationships with lying and deceit?
Part 2: What are characters' relationships with delusions?
Part 3: What are the cause and effect relationships between these two? What connects them? What is Brecht's purpose in this?
In the first scene, Mother Courage prophesies the fates of her children. Mother Courage is also blind to much of reality through the play. Discuss Mother Courage's "prophetic" perception of the world, how she views herself, and how others view her.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)