Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
3. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
Essay Topic 1
"Mother Courage" is full of dark humor and irony. Discuss Brecht's use of these tools in the play. Where does it appear? What affect does it have on the plot and other characters? Is it used effectively?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Brecht's use of compassion and depravity side-by-side in "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 3
In three parts, discuss the relevance of each of Mother Courage's children: what they represent about war, youth, and themes of "Mother Courage" discussed in class.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)