Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
3. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
Essay Topic 1
Kattrin is mute and must express herself through mime. A play, however, is centered on dialogue.
Part 1) How is having a silent character a powerful statement in a drama?
Part 2) How is Kattrin a tool in Brecht's portrayal of war?
Part 3) What is invaluable about Kattrin's condition?
Part 4) Who is most impacted by her? Who does she better define?
Essay Topic 2
The lives and deaths of characters and the fate of relationships are frequently affected by their dependency on money or success. Discuss Brecht's commentary on humanity and war based on his use of money in "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 3
In the first scene, Mother Courage prophesies the fates of her children. Mother Courage is also blind to much of reality through the play. Discuss Mother Courage's "prophetic" perception of the world, how she views herself, and how others view her.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)