|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
2. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
3. How does the cook propose that he and Mother Courage call to the parson?
4. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
5. Why won't the young peasant help the soldiers in Scene 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "humanity" in "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what characterizes and defines the climax and denouement of "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 3
There can be a fine line between lie and delusion in "Mother Courage".
Part 1: What are characters' relationships with lying and deceit?
Part 2: What are characters' relationships with delusions?
Part 3: What are the cause and effect relationships between these two? What connects them? What is Brecht's purpose in this?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)