|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely thing does the chaplain claim one can find in war?
2. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
3. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
4. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
5. Why is Eilif being killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what characterizes and defines the climax and denouement of "Mother Courage".
Essay Topic 2
In the first scene, Mother Courage prophesies the fates of her children. Mother Courage is also blind to much of reality through the play. Discuss Mother Courage's "prophetic" perception of the world, how she views herself, and how others view her.
Essay Topic 3
Motherhood is one of the defining traits of Mother Courage's character. How does "motherhood" function in "Mother Courage and Her Children"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)