Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
3. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
Brutality is viewed differently in war and peace. Choose from one of the three topics and discuss Brecht's attitude and the war's attitude towards brutality:
Topic 1) Brutality and Youth.
Topic 2) Brutality and Courage.
Topic 3) Brutality and Impulse.
Discuss Brecht's use of compassion and depravity side-by-side in "Mother Courage".
The character of the chaplain is one that goes through the most dramatic metamorphosis. His role as a religious representative and overturning it is a powerful statement about religion on Brecht's part. What is this statement?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)