|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the cook's mother die?
(a) Old age.
2. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) She will be wealthy.
(b) There are nice men in the town.
(c) The cook could find her one.
(d) Because she will have a position.
3. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of Mother Courage.
(b) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
(c) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(d) The Song of Great Capitulation.
4. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
5. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is troubled.
(d) She grows hysterical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
2. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
3. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)