|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
(a) There is no more wood.
(b) They only have one axe.
(c) Their arms hurt.
(d) Their axe is broken.
2. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of Mother Courage.
(b) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(c) The Song of Great Capitulation.
(d) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
3. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because no one has beds.
(b) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(c) Because she's allergic.
(d) Because she already has some.
4. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She does what they ask.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She throws things at them.
5. Why does Mother Courage feel it's unfortunate that the commander died?
(a) Because he was a good man.
(b) Because he might have had special plans.
(c) Because he had a family.
(d) Because he was so young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
2. Who passes by the farmhouse and Mother Courage follows and exits for the last time?
3. What attitude does the chaplain have towards women?
4. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
5. According to the cook, what kind of reward can one get for virtue?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)