|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
(a) She's bored with war.
(b) She wants to see her son again.
(c) She might buy more supplies.
(d) She made a prophecy.
2. Why won't the young peasant help the soldiers in Scene 11?
(a) They will wake the baby.
(b) They didn't ask nicely.
(c) They are Catholic.
(d) They smell bad.
3. What is Mother Courage's last line?
(a) "Back to business."
(b) "All's well that ends well".
(c) "Take me with you".
(d) "Nothing can stop me".
4. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
5. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) There are too many soldiers.
(b) They don't know the way.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They've been tied up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
2. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
3. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
4. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
5. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)