|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) John Doe.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) Don Juan.
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
(a) A Don Juan.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A coward.
(d) A fool.
3. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) Troops drums.
(b) Crying families.
(d) Peasants' songs.
4. What prayer do the peasants pray when the soldiers are threatening them in their farmhouse?
(a) Our Father.
(b) The Forgiveness Song.
(c) Hail Mary.
5. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) They don't know the way.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) There are too many soldiers.
(d) They've been tied up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
2. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
3. In the chaplain's opinion, where do commanders grow?
4. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
5. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)