|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) Eilif's death.
(b) The food.
(c) The children.
(d) The drum.
2. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) The peasants are angry.
(b) Soldiers are coming.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) She is very rude.
3. Where have we heard the song the soldiers sing at the very end of the play?
(a) When Mother Courage first appears in the play.
(b) When she said goodbye to the cook.
(c) When she thought there was peace.
(d) When Swiss Cheese died.
4. Why does the commander die?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was in the front lines.
(d) He was assassinated.
5. Why does Kattrin go to the roof?
(a) To warn the peasants.
(b) To look at stars.
(c) To get some perspective.
(d) To jump off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
2. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
3. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
4. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
5. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)