|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
(a) She throws things at them.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She does what they ask.
2. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(a) Her children's labor.
(b) Her talents.
(d) The kindness of others.
3. What is Mother Courage doing while she talks to the chaplain at the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) Braiding Kattrin's hair.
(c) Counting inventory.
(d) Cooking dinner.
4. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
(a) Eilif was still alive.
(b) They hadn't told her about the children.
(c) Mother Courage hadn't gone to town.
(d) The soldiers hadn't come.
5. Who does Yvette marry?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A low-ranking soldier.
(c) The commander.
(d) A colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
2. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
3. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
4. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
5. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)