|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
(d) To follow the regiment.
2. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(a) In a forest.
(c) Through heaven and hell.
(d) Through a battle.
3. Instead of going with the cook to the inn, what does Mother Courage do at the end of Scene 9?
(a) Abandons the cook.
(b) Gives Kattrin to him.
(c) Politely declines his offer.
(d) Steals the cook's money.
4. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
(a) The cook and chaplain.
(b) The peasants.
(c) The ghosts of her children.
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
(a) A prosperous life.
(b) A dog's life.
(c) A good life.
(d) A lonely life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
2. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
3. Where have we heard the song the soldiers sing at the very end of the play?
4. Why does Mother Courage feel it's unfortunate that the commander died?
5. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)