|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) She is sick.
(b) Her home's been destroyed.
(c) Eilif is dead.
(d) She is a wanted woman.
2. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
(a) A cloth.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Fresh clothes.
3. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
(a) They destroyed the bells.
(b) He hated bells.
(c) Bells sound too celebratory.
(d) He doesn't deserve them.
4. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
(a) Because of the rain.
(b) Because he can't find a ride.
(c) Because he is forbidden to.
(d) Because he didn't like the commander.
5. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) Soldiers are coming.
(b) The peasants are angry.
(c) She is very rude.
(d) It's getting dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
2. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
3. How does the cook propose that he and Mother Courage call to the parson?
4. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)