|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cook angry with the chaplain when he returns?
(a) He is flirting with Mother Courage.
(b) He told Mother Courage to buy supplies.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is trying to marry Kattrin.
2. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(b) "Long live the King".
(c) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
3. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
(a) He's a spy.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is lonely.
4. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
(a) He doesn't deserve them.
(b) Bells sound too celebratory.
(c) They destroyed the bells.
(d) He hated bells.
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
(b) She just bought supplies.
(c) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
(d) She is bored in peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
2. What is Mother Courage doing while she talks to the chaplain at the beginning of Scene 6?
3. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
4. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
5. What does Mother Courage live off of?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)