|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(b) "Long live the King".
(c) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
2. Why is Kattrin not in danger by going out alone?
(a) Everyone is looking out for her.
(b) She is tough.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is married.
3. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
(a) She'll manage.
(b) She's reluctant.
(c) She's happy.
(d) She's sad.
4. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
(a) She does what they ask.
(b) She throws things at them.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She laughs.
5. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
2. What attitude does the chaplain have towards women?
3. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
4. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
5. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)