|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
(a) Mother Courage hadn't gone to town.
(b) Eilif was still alive.
(c) They hadn't told her about the children.
(d) The soldiers hadn't come.
2. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
(a) For food.
(b) To bury Kattrin.
(c) For their trouble.
(d) To keep them quiet.
3. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
(a) Peter Piper.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) John Doe.
4. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
(a) As a father figure.
(b) As a potential husband.
(c) As a fool.
(d) As a helping hand.
5. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
(a) The cook.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The peasants.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Kattrin pull the cart by herself?
2. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
3. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
4. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
5. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)