|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Kattrin be bad for business at the inn?
(a) She is clumsy.
(b) She steals.
(c) She is a bad dancer.
(d) She is scarred.
2. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
(a) Because of the rain.
(b) Because he didn't like the commander.
(c) Because he can't find a ride.
(d) Because he is forbidden to.
3. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) The children.
(b) Eilif's death.
(c) The food.
(d) The drum.
4. How does Yvette look after all these years when she rejoins Mother Courage?
5. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To get directions.
(c) To ask for food.
(d) To find their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
2. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
3. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
4. What does the chaplain call the cook?
5. Why does the chaplain hesitate to put on his pastor's coat?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)