|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(b) Her children's labor.
(c) Her talents.
(d) The kindness of others.
2. Why does Mother Courage leave to go to the market after peace is declared?
(a) To sell her supplies.
(b) To send a letter.
(c) To chase after the chaplain.
(d) To find Eilif.
3. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
(a) A lonely life.
(b) A prosperous life.
(c) A good life.
(d) A dog's life.
4. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(c) "Long live the King".
(d) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because she's allergic.
(b) Because she already has some.
(c) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(d) Because no one has beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers silence Kattrin?
2. The first soldier threatens that he will kill the cattle if the peasants are not ______.
3. What does the cook try to exchange for dinner?
4. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
5. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)