|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To find food.
(b) To go back to business.
(c) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
(d) To escape a bounty hunter.
2. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
(a) The cook.
(b) No one.
(c) A little girl.
(d) The peasants.
3. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
(a) Live music.
(b) Gun shots.
4. What does the cook call the chaplain when they fight over Mother Courage?
(a) A stud.
(b) A windbag.
(c) A fool.
(d) A hero.
5. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
(a) They're hiding.
(b) No one's awake.
(c) They've been robbed.
(d) No one's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage promise to Kattrin when there is peace?
2. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
3. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
4. Why is Kattrin not in danger by going out alone?
5. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)