|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chaplain call the cook?
(a) A coward.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A Don Juan.
(d) A fool.
2. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(a) "Long live the King".
(b) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
3. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) They don't know the way.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They've been tied up.
(d) There are too many soldiers.
4. In the chaplain's opinion, where do commanders grow?
(a) In the ground.
(b) On trees.
(c) In the heart.
(d) At home.
5. Instead of going with the cook to the inn, what does Mother Courage do at the end of Scene 9?
(a) Politely declines his offer.
(b) Abandons the cook.
(c) Gives Kattrin to him.
(d) Steals the cook's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
2. Why do the poor need courage?
3. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
4. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
5. What unlikely thing does the chaplain claim one can find in war?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)