|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
(a) They've been robbed.
(b) No one's awake.
(c) They're hiding.
(d) No one's home.
2. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
(a) Her wagon.
(b) A clock.
(c) The house.
(d) Her supplies.
3. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(b) Because no one has beds.
(c) Because she already has some.
(d) Because she's allergic.
4. Why does Kattrin go to the roof?
(a) To look at stars.
(b) To get some perspective.
(c) To jump off.
(d) To warn the peasants.
5. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) It's getting dark.
(b) Soldiers are coming.
(c) She is very rude.
(d) The peasants are angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
2. How long ago had the war stopped when Mother Courage's group is informed that peace is declared?
3. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
4. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
5. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)