|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(a) The kindness of others.
(c) Her talents.
(d) Her children's labor.
2. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To find their friend.
(c) To ask for food.
(d) To get directions.
3. What does the cook call the chaplain when they fight over Mother Courage?
(a) A fool.
(b) A hero.
(c) A stud.
(d) A windbag.
4. How does the cook's mother die?
(a) Old age.
5. Why do the poor need courage?
(a) They're going to fight.
(b) They're doomed.
(c) They're lost.
(d) They're weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
2. What does the cook try to exchange for dinner?
3. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
4. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
5. The first soldier threatens that he will kill the cattle if the peasants are not ______.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)