|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have we heard the song the soldiers sing at the very end of the play?
(a) When she thought there was peace.
(b) When she said goodbye to the cook.
(c) When Mother Courage first appears in the play.
(d) When Swiss Cheese died.
2. Why does the commander die?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was in the front lines.
3. In the chaplain's opinion, wars can look forward to ________ futures.
4. What does the voice from the house offer to the cook?
(c) Clean clothes.
(d) A place to sleep.
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because no one has beds.
(b) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(c) Because she already has some.
(d) Because she's allergic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
2. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
3. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
4. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
5. Why is Kattrin not in danger by going out alone?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)