|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the chaplain hesitate to put on his pastor's coat?
(a) He might be seen as the antichrist.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to religious life.
(c) It smells bad.
(d) He thinks it's cursed.
2. Why doesn't the peasant want the soldiers to kill their cattle?
(a) They will go broke.
(b) They're vegetarians.
(c) They will starve.
(d) Their father will be mad.
3. What is Mother Courage's last line?
(a) "Back to business."
(b) "All's well that ends well".
(c) "Nothing can stop me".
(d) "Take me with you".
4. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
(a) She's sad.
(b) She's reluctant.
(c) She'll manage.
(d) She's happy.
5. Why is Eilif being killed?
(a) He's a traitor.
(b) He attacked peasants.
(c) He stole the Chief's wife.
(d) He is a lazy soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
2. Instead of going with the cook to the inn, what does Mother Courage do at the end of Scene 9?
3. How do the soldiers silence Kattrin?
4. Why won't the young peasant help the soldiers in Scene 11?
5. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)