|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
(c) To follow the regiment.
2. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
(a) As a potential husband.
(b) As a father figure.
(c) As a fool.
(d) As a helping hand.
3. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because she's allergic.
(b) Because she already has some.
(c) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(d) Because no one has beds.
4. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
(a) There is no more wood.
(b) They only have one axe.
(c) Their arms hurt.
(d) Their axe is broken.
5. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
(a) To marry the chaplain.
(b) To honor Swiss Cheese.
(c) To pray for Kattrin.
(d) To repent her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cook's mother die?
2. According to the cook, what kind of reward can one get for virtue?
3. Instead of going with the cook to the inn, what does Mother Courage do at the end of Scene 9?
4. Why is Kattrin not in danger by going out alone?
5. What is Mother Courage doing while she talks to the chaplain at the beginning of Scene 6?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)