|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prayer do the peasants pray when the soldiers are threatening them in their farmhouse?
(a) Our Father.
(c) Hail Mary.
(d) The Forgiveness Song.
2. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
(a) Fresh clothes.
(c) A cloth.
(d) Her doll.
3. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She is troubled.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She grows hysterical.
4. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
5. What does Mother Courage promise to Kattrin when there is peace?
(a) A husband.
(b) A child.
(c) A house.
6. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She is bored in peace.
(b) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
(c) She just bought supplies.
(d) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
7. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
(a) Because he didn't like the commander.
(b) Because he is forbidden to.
(c) Because of the rain.
(d) Because he can't find a ride.
8. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
(a) She's sad.
(b) She's reluctant.
(c) She's happy.
(d) She'll manage.
9. What does the cook call the chaplain when they fight over Mother Courage?
(a) A hero.
(b) A stud.
(c) A fool.
(d) A windbag.
10. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
(a) John Doe.
(b) Peter Piper.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) Uncle Sam.
11. Why couldn't Kattrin pull the cart by herself?
(a) She is too weak.
(b) People will take advantage of her.
(c) She is bad with directions.
(d) War terrifies her.
12. How does the cook propose that he and Mother Courage call to the parson?
(a) They scream.
(b) They sing.
(c) They drum.
(d) They knock on his door.
13. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is a wanted woman.
(c) Eilif is dead.
(d) Her home's been destroyed.
14. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
(a) A lonely life.
(b) A dog's life.
(c) A prosperous life.
(d) A good life.
15. How does Yvette look after all these years when she rejoins Mother Courage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
2. Why doesn't the peasant want the soldiers to kill their cattle?
3. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
5. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)