|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the cook's mother die?
(b) Old age.
2. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
(a) A little girl.
(b) No one.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The cook.
3. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) The food.
(b) The drum.
(c) Eilif's death.
(d) The children.
4. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) Her home's been destroyed.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is a wanted woman.
(d) Eilif is dead.
5. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) They've been tied up.
(b) There are too many soldiers.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They don't know the way.
6. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
(a) A disgrace.
(b) An honor.
(c) A pity.
7. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) John Doe.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) Peter Piper.
8. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
9. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
10. Mother Courage says that she still has _______, which gives her hope to carry on.
(a) Swiss Cheese.
(b) A husband.
11. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) She will be wealthy.
(b) The cook could find her one.
(c) There are nice men in the town.
(d) Because she will have a position.
12. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(d) The cook talking.
13. Why does Mother Courage leave to go to the market after peace is declared?
(a) To find Eilif.
(b) To sell her supplies.
(c) To send a letter.
(d) To chase after the chaplain.
14. Why is Kattrin not in danger by going out alone?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is tough.
(d) Everyone is looking out for her.
15. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
(a) A lullaby.
(b) A war song.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A dance song.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
2. Why does the chaplain hesitate to put on his pastor's coat?
3. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
4. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)