|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
(a) They destroyed the bells.
(b) He hated bells.
(c) He doesn't deserve them.
(d) Bells sound too celebratory.
2. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because no one has beds.
(b) Because she's allergic.
(c) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(d) Because she already has some.
3. What does the voice from the house offer to the cook?
(a) Clean clothes.
(d) A place to sleep.
4. How does the cook propose that he and Mother Courage call to the parson?
(a) They drum.
(b) They sing.
(c) They knock on his door.
(d) They scream.
5. According to the cook, what kind of reward can one get for virtue?
(a) Good luck.
(d) A place in heaven.
6. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
(a) To marry the chaplain.
(b) To honor Swiss Cheese.
(c) To repent her sins.
(d) To pray for Kattrin.
7. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
(a) A clock.
(b) Her wagon.
(c) Her supplies.
(d) The house.
8. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(a) Through heaven and hell.
(b) In a forest.
(d) Through a battle.
9. Why does the commander die?
(a) He was in the front lines.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He killed himself.
10. What attitude does the chaplain have towards women?
(a) A flirtatious one.
(b) A respectful one.
(c) An unhealthy one.
(d) A condescending one.
11. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She is bored in peace.
(b) She just bought supplies.
(c) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
(d) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
12. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(c) The cook talking.
13. How does Yvette look after all these years when she rejoins Mother Courage?
14. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
(a) He's lazy.
(b) He's not there.
(c) He was fired yesterday.
(d) He's been killed.
15. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
(a) Give her money.
(b) Kill the cattle.
(c) Find her a new family.
(d) Spare her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
2. The first soldier threatens that he will kill the cattle if the peasants are not ______.
3. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
4. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
5. What is Mother Courage doing while she talks to the chaplain at the beginning of Scene 6?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)