|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage says that she still has _______, which gives her hope to carry on.
(b) A husband.
(c) Swiss Cheese.
2. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
(a) She doesn't want to leave the cart.
(b) She steals.
(c) There is no room.
(d) Her father will come looking for her.
3. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
(a) A flute.
(b) A drum.
(c) A tambourine.
(d) A guitar.
4. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(a) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
(c) "Long live the King".
5. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In town.
(d) In the shed.
6. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
(a) To follow the regiment.
7. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His boss.
(d) His sister.
8. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(d) The cook talking.
9. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
(a) Fresh clothes.
(b) A cloth.
(d) Her doll.
10. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
(a) As a potential husband.
(b) As a helping hand.
(c) As a fool.
(d) As a father figure.
11. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
(a) At the river.
(b) She's been kidnapped.
(c) In town.
12. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
(a) An honor.
(c) A disgrace.
(d) A pity.
13. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
(a) Spare her mother.
(b) Find her a new family.
(c) Kill the cattle.
(d) Give her money.
14. Why won't the young peasant help the soldiers in Scene 11?
(a) They are Catholic.
(b) They didn't ask nicely.
(c) They smell bad.
(d) They will wake the baby.
15. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
2. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
3. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
4. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
5. What does the chaplain call the cook?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)