|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(d) The cook talking.
2. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
(a) A dance song.
(b) A war song.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A lullaby.
3. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
(a) The peasants.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The cook.
(d) No one.
4. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(a) In town.
(c) In the shed.
(d) On the roof.
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She is bored in peace.
(b) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
(c) She just bought supplies.
(d) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
6. The first soldier threatens that he will kill the cattle if the peasants are not ______.
7. Why do the poor need courage?
(a) They're going to fight.
(b) They're weak.
(c) They're doomed.
(d) They're lost.
8. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His sister.
(b) His boss.
(c) His mother.
(d) His girlfriend.
9. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) She is very rude.
(b) Soldiers are coming.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) The peasants are angry.
10. Why does Mother Courage leave to go to the market after peace is declared?
(a) To chase after the chaplain.
(b) To sell her supplies.
(c) To send a letter.
(d) To find Eilif.
11. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(b) Her children's labor.
(c) Her talents.
(d) The kindness of others.
12. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
(a) She's bored with war.
(b) She wants to see her son again.
(c) She made a prophecy.
(d) She might buy more supplies.
13. Why couldn't Kattrin pull the cart by herself?
(a) She is too weak.
(b) She is bad with directions.
(c) War terrifies her.
(d) People will take advantage of her.
14. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She does what they ask.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She throws things at them.
15. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
(a) He's not there.
(b) He's lazy.
(c) He was fired yesterday.
(d) He's been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cook call the chaplain when they fight over Mother Courage?
2. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
3. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
4. How do the soldiers silence Kattrin?
5. What does the cook try to exchange for dinner?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)