|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
(a) A tambourine.
(b) A drum.
(c) A flute.
(d) A guitar.
2. What does the cook try to exchange for dinner?
3. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
(a) Give her money.
(b) Find her a new family.
(c) Spare her mother.
(d) Kill the cattle.
4. Mother Courage says that she still has _______, which gives her hope to carry on.
(a) A husband.
(c) Swiss Cheese.
5. How does Yvette look after all these years when she rejoins Mother Courage?
6. Why is Eilif being killed?
(a) He stole the Chief's wife.
(b) He is a lazy soldier.
(c) He's a traitor.
(d) He attacked peasants.
7. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) Her home's been destroyed.
(b) She is sick.
(c) Eilif is dead.
(d) She is a wanted woman.
8. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of Mother Courage.
(b) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(c) The Song of Great Capitulation.
(d) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
9. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She grows hysterical.
(d) She is troubled.
10. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To escape a bounty hunter.
(b) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
(c) To find food.
(d) To go back to business.
11. What prayer do the peasants pray when the soldiers are threatening them in their farmhouse?
(a) Our Father.
(c) The Forgiveness Song.
(d) Hail Mary.
12. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(d) The cook talking.
13. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
14. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) There are nice men in the town.
(b) The cook could find her one.
(c) Because she will have a position.
(d) She will be wealthy.
15. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
(a) There is no more wood.
(b) They only have one axe.
(c) Their axe is broken.
(d) Their arms hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
2. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
3. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
4. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
5. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)