|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
(a) Eilif was still alive.
(b) They hadn't told her about the children.
(c) Mother Courage hadn't gone to town.
(d) The soldiers hadn't come.
2. Who does Yvette marry?
(a) The commander.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A low-ranking soldier.
(d) A colonel.
3. How does the cook's mother die?
(c) Old age.
4. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) The food.
(b) The children.
(c) The drum.
(d) Eilif's death.
5. Who passes by the farmhouse and Mother Courage follows and exits for the last time?
(a) Some priests.
(b) A family.
(c) A man she recognizes.
(d) A regiment.
6. In the chaplain's opinion, wars can look forward to ________ futures.
7. Why does the commander die?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was in the front lines.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) He was assassinated.
8. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
(a) He's not there.
(b) He was fired yesterday.
(c) He's been killed.
(d) He's lazy.
9. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
(c) Live music.
(d) Gun shots.
10. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) Troops drums.
(b) Crying families.
(d) Peasants' songs.
11. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
12. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
(a) He's a spy.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is lonely.
13. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) It's getting dark.
(b) She is very rude.
(c) Soldiers are coming.
(d) The peasants are angry.
14. In the chaplain's opinion, where do commanders grow?
(a) On trees.
(b) In the heart.
(c) At home.
(d) In the ground.
15. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In town.
(c) On the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
2. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
3. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
4. Why does Mother Courage feel it's unfortunate that the commander died?
5. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)