|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
(a) He knows where Eilif is.
(b) He has food.
(c) He will give them directions.
(d) They can sleep there.
2. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) Soldiers are coming.
(b) It's getting dark.
(c) She is very rude.
(d) The peasants are angry.
3. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She grows hysterical.
(c) She is troubled.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
5. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
(a) Her father will come looking for her.
(b) There is no room.
(c) She doesn't want to leave the cart.
(d) She steals.
6. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of Mother Courage.
(b) The Song of Great Capitulation.
(c) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(d) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
7. In the chaplain's opinion, wars can look forward to ________ futures.
8. What does it mean that there are no lights on in the parson's house?
(a) They've been robbed.
(b) No one's awake.
(c) No one's home.
(d) They're hiding.
9. What prayer do the peasants pray when the soldiers are threatening them in their farmhouse?
(b) The Forgiveness Song.
(c) Our Father.
(d) Hail Mary.
10. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A dance song.
(d) A war song.
11. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
(b) Live music.
(c) Gun shots.
12. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
(a) He's not there.
(b) He's lazy.
(c) He was fired yesterday.
(d) He's been killed.
13. What does the cook try to exchange for dinner?
14. How long ago had the war stopped when Mother Courage's group is informed that peace is declared?
(a) Just this morning.
(b) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) Three weeks.
15. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His boss.
(d) His girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
2. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
3. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
4. How does Yvette look after all these years when she rejoins Mother Courage?
5. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)