Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does the chaplain have towards women?
(a) A respectful one.
(b) A condescending one.
(c) A flirtatious one.
(d) An unhealthy one.
2. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To get directions.
(c) To find their friend.
(d) To ask for food.
3. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In town.
(d) On the roof.
4. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
5. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(a) The kindness of others.
(b) Her talents.
(c) Her children's labor.
6. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His sister.
(b) His boss.
(c) His mother.
(d) His girlfriend.
7. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
(a) The cook and chaplain.
(b) The ghosts of her children.
(d) The peasants.
8. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of Great Capitulation.
(b) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(c) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
(d) The Song of Mother Courage.
9. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
(a) There is no room.
(b) Her father will come looking for her.
(c) She steals.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the cart.
10. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) They've been tied up.
(b) There are too many soldiers.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They don't know the way.
11. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He's a spy.
12. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
(a) She's bored with war.
(b) She made a prophecy.
(c) She might buy more supplies.
(d) She wants to see her son again.
13. What does the chaplain call the cook?
(a) A Don Juan.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A coward.
(d) A fool.
14. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
(a) As a fool.
(b) As a potential husband.
(c) As a father figure.
(d) As a helping hand.
15. Why is Eilif being killed?
(a) He attacked peasants.
(b) He's a traitor.
(c) He is a lazy soldier.
(d) He stole the Chief's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage promise to Kattrin when there is peace?
2. Why does the chaplain hesitate to put on his pastor's coat?
3. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
4. What is Mother Courage doing while she talks to the chaplain at the beginning of Scene 6?
5. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)