|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cook angry with the chaplain when he returns?
(a) He is flirting with Mother Courage.
(b) He is trying to marry Kattrin.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He told Mother Courage to buy supplies.
2. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
(a) Find her a new family.
(b) Kill the cattle.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Spare her mother.
3. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
(a) She'll manage.
(b) She's happy.
(c) She's sad.
(d) She's reluctant.
4. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
(b) Gun shots.
(d) Live music.
5. What is the background noise at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) Crying families.
(b) Peasants' songs.
(d) Troops drums.
6. According to the cook, what kind of reward can one get for virtue?
(b) A place in heaven.
(c) Good luck.
7. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To ask for food.
(b) To get directions.
(c) To find their friend.
(d) To surrender.
8. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
(a) A clock.
(b) Her supplies.
(c) Her wagon.
(d) The house.
9. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
10. Why does Kattrin go to the roof?
(a) To look at stars.
(b) To warn the peasants.
(c) To get some perspective.
(d) To jump off.
11. Why doesn't the peasant want the soldiers to kill their cattle?
(a) They're vegetarians.
(b) They will go broke.
(c) They will starve.
(d) Their father will be mad.
12. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
(a) Fresh clothes.
(b) A cloth.
(d) Her doll.
13. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
(a) The soldiers hadn't come.
(b) Mother Courage hadn't gone to town.
(c) Eilif was still alive.
(d) They hadn't told her about the children.
14. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
(b) To follow the regiment.
15. Why does Mother Courage give the peasants money before she leaves Kattrin's body with them?
(a) For their trouble.
(b) To keep them quiet.
(c) To bury Kattrin.
(d) For food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prayer do the peasants pray when the soldiers are threatening them in their farmhouse?
2. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
3. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
4. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
5. What does Mother Courage promise to Kattrin when there is peace?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)