Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
(a) So Kattrin can't hear him.
(b) Because Kattrin is trying to sleep.
(c) So he doesn't wake the parson.
(d) Because he has an annoying voice.
2. What does the chaplain call the cook?
(a) A fool.
(b) A Don Juan.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A coward.
3. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
4. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
(a) In town.
(b) She's been kidnapped.
(d) At the river.
5. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
(a) A prosperous life.
(b) A lonely life.
(c) A dog's life.
(d) A good life.
6. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) Eilif is dead.
(b) Her home's been destroyed.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is a wanted woman.
7. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(a) "Long live the King".
(b) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
8. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
9. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
(a) Kill the cattle.
(b) Find her a new family.
(c) Spare her mother.
(d) Give her money.
10. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
(a) A flute.
(b) A drum.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A tambourine.
11. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She grows hysterical.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is troubled.
(d) She is indifferent.
12. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His boss.
(d) His sister.
13. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
(a) Because he is forbidden to.
(b) Because of the rain.
(c) Because he didn't like the commander.
(d) Because he can't find a ride.
14. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(a) Her children's labor.
(b) Her talents.
(c) The kindness of others.
15. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
(b) To find food.
(c) To escape a bounty hunter.
(d) To go back to business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
2. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
3. Who does Yvette marry?
4. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
5. The soldiers threaten Kattrin by saying if she doesn't stop her commotion they will smash ______.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)