|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) There are nice men in the town.
(b) The cook could find her one.
(c) She will be wealthy.
(d) Because she will have a position.
2. In the chaplain's opinion, where do commanders grow?
(a) On trees.
(b) In the heart.
(c) In the ground.
(d) At home.
3. Why does Mother Courage leave to go to the market after peace is declared?
(a) To chase after the chaplain.
(b) To find Eilif.
(c) To sell her supplies.
(d) To send a letter.
4. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) The drum.
(b) The food.
(c) Eilif's death.
(d) The children.
5. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(b) "Long live the King".
(d) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
6. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They've been tied up.
(c) They don't know the way.
(d) There are too many soldiers.
7. When Mother Courage returns to the farmhouse, who is standing around Mother Courage and Kattrin's body?
(a) The cook and chaplain.
(b) The ghosts of her children.
(c) The peasants.
8. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) She is very rude.
(b) Soldiers are coming.
(c) It's getting dark.
(d) The peasants are angry.
9. Why do Mother Courage, Kattrin, and the cook stop at the parson's house?
(a) He knows where Eilif is.
(b) He will give them directions.
(c) They can sleep there.
(d) He has food.
10. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
11. Who passes by the farmhouse and Mother Courage follows and exits for the last time?
(a) A regiment.
(b) Some priests.
(c) A man she recognizes.
(d) A family.
12. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) Eilif is dead.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is a wanted woman.
(d) Her home's been destroyed.
13. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
14. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To find food.
(b) To go back to business.
(c) To escape a bounty hunter.
(d) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
15. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(b) In a forest.
(c) Through a battle.
(d) Through heaven and hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage live off of?
2. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
3. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
4. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
5. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)