|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) Eilif's death.
(b) The children.
(c) The food.
(d) The drum.
2. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(a) The cook talking.
3. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In town.
4. Why couldn't Kattrin pull the cart by herself?
(a) People will take advantage of her.
(b) She is too weak.
(c) She is bad with directions.
(d) War terrifies her.
5. Where is Mother Courage going at the end of the play?
(b) To follow the regiment.
6. Why does Mother Courage insist on going to church when peace is declared?
(a) To marry the chaplain.
(b) To repent her sins.
(c) To honor Swiss Cheese.
(d) To pray for Kattrin.
7. Why is Mother Courage so concerned about the war ending?
(a) She wants to see her son again.
(b) She's bored with war.
(c) She made a prophecy.
(d) She might buy more supplies.
8. Why does the commander die?
(a) He was in the front lines.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He killed himself.
9. What is the cook's name, according to Yvette?
(a) Don Juan.
(b) John Doe.
(c) Peter Piper.
(d) Uncle Sam.
10. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To get directions.
(c) To ask for food.
(d) To find their friend.
11. Who passes by the farmhouse and Mother Courage follows and exits for the last time?
(a) A man she recognizes.
(b) A regiment.
(c) A family.
(d) Some priests.
12. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
(a) As a fool.
(b) As a potential husband.
(c) As a helping hand.
(d) As a father figure.
13. Where is Mother Courage when the soldiers come to the farmhouse?
(b) At the river.
(c) In town.
(d) She's been kidnapped.
14. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To go back to business.
(b) To escape a bounty hunter.
(c) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
(d) To find food.
15. What instrument does Kattrin use in Scene 11?
(a) A tambourine.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A flute.
(d) A drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother Courage's last line?
2. According to the cook, what kind of reward can one get for virtue?
3. Why hasn't the watchman sounded the alarm?
4. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
5. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)