|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage leave the farmhouse at the end of the play?
(a) To escape a bounty hunter.
(b) To go back to business.
(c) To pray for Swiss Cheese.
(d) To find food.
2. Where is the inn the cook inherited?
3. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To find their friend.
(c) To ask for food.
(d) To get directions.
4. What unlikely thing does the chaplain claim one can find in war?
5. Why is Mother Courage encouraged to leave the farmhouse quickly and not stay with Kattrin's body?
(a) The peasants are angry.
(b) It's getting dark.
(c) Soldiers are coming.
(d) She is very rude.
6. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
(a) So Kattrin can't hear him.
(b) So he doesn't wake the parson.
(c) Because he has an annoying voice.
(d) Because Kattrin is trying to sleep.
7. Why won't the clerk go to the commander's funeral?
(a) Because he is forbidden to.
(b) Because he didn't like the commander.
(c) Because of the rain.
(d) Because he can't find a ride.
8. In the chaplain's opinion, wars can look forward to ________ futures.
9. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) The cook could find her one.
(b) There are nice men in the town.
(c) She will be wealthy.
(d) Because she will have a position.
10. Where have we heard the song the soldiers sing at the very end of the play?
(a) When Mother Courage first appears in the play.
(b) When she said goodbye to the cook.
(c) When she thought there was peace.
(d) When Swiss Cheese died.
11. Who comes with Mother Courage as she continues on at the end of the play?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The cook.
(c) A little girl.
(d) No one.
12. How does the cook propose that he and Mother Courage call to the parson?
(a) They sing.
(b) They drum.
(c) They knock on his door.
(d) They scream.
13. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
(a) A lullaby.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A dance song.
(d) A war song.
14. What is Mother Courage finally tired of after traveling with the army for so long?
(d) The cook talking.
15. What are men doing instead of going to the commander's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother Courage feel about moving on?
2. Why won't the young peasant help the soldiers in Scene 11?
3. A soldier tells Kattrin if she comes down from the roof and takes them to her mother, they will ______________.
4. Mother Courage says that she still has _______, which gives her hope to carry on.
5. Why does Kattrin go to the roof?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)