|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(b) Through heaven and hell.
(c) Through a battle.
(d) In a forest.
2. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
(b) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
(c) She just bought supplies.
(d) She is bored in peace.
3. Why would Kattrin be bad for business at the inn?
(a) She steals.
(b) She is scarred.
(c) She is a bad dancer.
(d) She is clumsy.
4. Why can't the peasants go to town the night the soldiers come to their farmhouse?
(a) There are too many soldiers.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They don't know the way.
(d) They've been tied up.
5. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In town.
6. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
7. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
(a) A disgrace.
(c) A pity.
(d) An honor.
8. Why does Kattrin go to the roof?
(a) To jump off.
(b) To warn the peasants.
(c) To look at stars.
(d) To get some perspective.
9. A peasant claims Kattrin would still be alive if ____________.
(a) Eilif was still alive.
(b) Mother Courage hadn't gone to town.
(c) The soldiers hadn't come.
(d) They hadn't told her about the children.
10. Why will it be easier for Kattrin to find a husband at the inn?
(a) There are nice men in the town.
(b) She will be wealthy.
(c) The cook could find her one.
(d) Because she will have a position.
11. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His boss.
12. How does Kattrin react when the peasants tell her there are children in town?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is troubled.
(d) She grows hysterical.
13. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
(a) Because she's allergic.
(b) Because she already has some.
(c) Because she's morally opposed to them.
(d) Because no one has beds.
14. Why can't Kattrin come to the inn?
(a) She doesn't want to leave the cart.
(b) She steals.
(c) Her father will come looking for her.
(d) There is no room.
15. According to the cook, what kind of life is a cook's life?
(a) A lonely life.
(b) A dog's life.
(c) A prosperous life.
(d) A good life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chaplain has _____ feelings for Mother Courage.
2. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
3. What does the voice from the house offer to the cook?
4. How does Mother Courage see the chaplain?
5. Why can't the soldiers chop more wood?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)