|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kattrin react to the soldiers' attempts to silence her?
(a) She throws things at them.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She does what they ask.
2. Who does Yvette marry?
(a) A low-ranking soldier.
(b) The commander.
(c) A colonel.
(d) A salesman.
3. Why do the poor need courage?
(a) They're weak.
(b) They're going to fight.
(c) They're lost.
(d) They're doomed.
4. What are people shouting at the beginning of Scene 8?
(a) "Long live the King".
(b) "For he's a jolly good fellow".
5. How does the cook refer to Mother Courage when the chaplain insults her?
(a) His boss.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
6. What does Mother Courage live off of?
(a) Her talents.
(b) Her children's labor.
(d) The kindness of others.
7. Where is the peseants' ladder to get to the roof?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In town.
8. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(b) In a forest.
(c) Through heaven and hell.
(d) Through a battle.
9. What does the cook call the chaplain when they fight over Mother Courage?
(a) A hero.
(b) A windbag.
(c) A fool.
(d) A stud.
10. How do the soldiers silence Kattrin?
(a) They scold her.
(b) They smash the wagon.
(c) They climb up on the roof.
(d) They shoot her.
11. What does the voice from the house offer to the cook?
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) Clean clothes.
12. Why does the chaplain hesitate to put on his pastor's coat?
(a) It smells bad.
(b) He doesn't want to go back to religious life.
(c) He thinks it's cursed.
(d) He might be seen as the antichrist.
13. Why does Mother Courage leave to go to the market after peace is declared?
(a) To sell her supplies.
(b) To chase after the chaplain.
(c) To find Eilif.
(d) To send a letter.
14. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
(a) The food.
(b) The children.
(c) Eilif's death.
(d) The drum.
15. Why should the cook talk quietly when he is talking to Mother Courage about the inn?
(a) So he doesn't wake the parson.
(b) Because Kattrin is trying to sleep.
(c) So Kattrin can't hear him.
(d) Because he has an annoying voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage sing to Kattrin's body?
2. Why doesn't Mother Courage want bed feathers?
3. The peasant woman calls Kattrin a ______ when she tells her to stop drumming.
4. Before she leaves the peasants' farmhouse, what does Mother Courage get for Kattrin from the wagon?
5. Why would Kattrin be bad for business at the inn?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)