|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
(a) He meets nice girls.
(b) He earns good money.
(c) He doesn't fight.
(d) He is well respected.
2. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
(a) A captivating young person.
(b) A princess.
(c) An eyesore.
(d) A plague.
3. Who does Yvette marry?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A colonel.
(c) A low-ranking soldier.
(d) The commander.
4. What does Mother Courage not know at the end of the play?
(a) She is sick.
(b) Her home's been destroyed.
(c) Eilif is dead.
(d) She is a wanted woman.
5. Instead of being dead, Mother Courage insists that Kattrin is ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage compare the officers taking her son into the army to?
2. Mother Courage claims that Kattrin would still be alive if the peasants hadn't told her about _______.
3. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
4. In Scene 10, Mother Courage and Kattrin stop at a ______ to listen to a woman sing.
5. Why would Kattrin be bad for business at the inn?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)