|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
(a) An honor.
(c) A disgrace.
(d) A pity.
2. Why do the soldiers come to the peasants' farmhouse late at night?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To get directions.
(c) To ask for food.
(d) To find their friend.
3. How long ago had the war stopped when Mother Courage's group is informed that peace is declared?
(a) Just this morning.
(b) A few days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
4. Why does the first soldier want brandy?
(a) Because he's bored.
(b) Because he's an alcoholic.
(c) Because he missed the plunder.
(d) Because it's free.
5. What song does the cook sing to the parson?
(a) The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier.
(b) The Song of the Great Souls of the Earth.
(c) The Song of Great Capitulation.
(d) The Song of Mother Courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
2. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
3. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
4. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
5. What is the sergeant's problem with peace?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)