|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the cook come back to Mother Courage when peace is declared?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He's a spy.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is broke.
2. Mother Courage says it's _______ everyone is missing the commander's funeral.
(a) A disgrace.
(c) An honor.
(d) A pity.
3. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To tell the story of her love life.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To gain sympathy.
(d) To warn people.
4. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
(a) His brandy.
(b) The fur coat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) One guilder.
5. What does the voice from the house offer to the cook?
(a) A place to sleep.
(c) Clean clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
2. Why does the commander die?
3. What does the clerk know about Mother Courage?
4. Instead of bells, what will there be at the commander's funeral?
5. What unlikely thing does the chaplain claim one can find in war?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)