|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) In a fight.
(b) Making money.
(c) Embarrassing his brother.
(d) Causing problems.
2. How does the cook's mother die?
(c) Old age.
3. In her dreams, where does Mother Courage see herself pulling her cart?
(b) Through a battle.
(c) In a forest.
(d) Through heaven and hell.
4. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
(a) They are going extinct.
(b) They are in season.
(c) They are in a siege.
(d) They are in high demand.
5. What body part is one of the peasants missing after their farm is attacked?
(a) An arm.
(b) A leg.
(c) Some fingers.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
2. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
3. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
4. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
5. What does Mother Courage live off of?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)