|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
(a) They are going extinct.
(b) They are in high demand.
(c) They are in season.
(d) They are in a siege.
2. Why won't they ring bells for the commander's funeral?
(a) Bells sound too celebratory.
(b) He doesn't deserve them.
(c) He hated bells.
(d) They destroyed the bells.
3. Why doesn't Mother Courage want peace?
(a) She is bored in peace.
(b) She just bought supplies.
(c) She doesn't want Kattrin to get married.
(d) She doesn't want to see Eilif.
4. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
(a) She makes his favorite meal.
(b) She sends him a note.
(c) She calls out to him.
(d) She sings from the kitchen.
5. In the chaplain's opinion, where do commanders grow?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the ground.
(c) At home.
(d) On trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
2. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
3. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
4. Why won't Swiss Cheese steal the money from the pay box?
5. What does Mother Courage promise to Kattrin when there is peace?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)