|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) Embarrassing his brother.
(b) Making money.
(c) In a fight.
(d) Causing problems.
2. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
3. Why does the chaplain need linen?
(a) To bandage the peasants.
(b) To sleep on.
(c) To sew with.
(d) To mend the tent.
4. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) An important message.
(c) Fifty loaves of bread.
(d) Her children.
5. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
(a) Because he was ordered to.
(b) Because they don't work.
(c) Because he needs the money.
(d) Because there is low demand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
2. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
3. What effect has Mother Courage had on the young soldier by the end of the scene?
4. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
5. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)