|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
2. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
3. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) An ignorant one.
(b) A serious one.
(c) A justified one.
(d) A short-lived one.
4. Why does the chaplain need linen?
(a) To sew with.
(b) To bandage the peasants.
(c) To mend the tent.
(d) To sleep on.
5. Why does the older soldier tell the young soldier to be quiet?
(a) He's annoying.
(b) He'll be sent to the stocks.
(c) He's speaking nonsense.
(d) He can't be taken seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
2. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
3. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
4. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
5. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)