|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage says the young soldier listens to her because _______________.
(a) He needs help.
(b) She's right.
(c) She reminds him of his mother.
(d) He feels guilty.
2. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(a) Ran away.
3. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
(a) It was magical.
(b) It could live forever.
(c) It had many children.
(d) It was intelligent.
4. What does the recruiting officer think the army needs?
(c) Women soldiers.
5. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because it's about him.
(b) Because his mother taught him.
(c) Because it is the commander's favorite.
(d) To pass the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
2. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
3. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
4. When Kattrin puts on Yvette's clothes, what about Yvette does she imitate?
5. What happens to Yvette's first love?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)