|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage rub on Kattrin's face to hide her beauty?
2. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
(a) Because she saw it in her dream.
(b) Because she read it in a book.
(c) Because death is black.
(d) Because she is religious.
3. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
(a) Selling it.
(b) Throwing it away.
(c) They have none.
(d) Hiding it.
4. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
(a) He is ignorant.
(b) He is a bad commander.
(c) He is brave.
(d) He is intelligent.
5. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
(a) Ten hellers.
(b) One guilder.
(c) Twenty hellers.
(d) Fifty hellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
2. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
3. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
4. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
5. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)