|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) Jesus' crucifixion.
(b) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
(c) Moses parting the sea.
(d) The burning bush.
2. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) The Chaplain.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) The Commander.
(d) His father.
3. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's depressed.
(b) Because she's ill.
(c) Because she's bored.
(d) Because she's an alcoholic.
4. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To warn people.
(b) To gain sympathy.
(c) To tell the story of her love life.
(d) To pass the time.
5. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
(a) He is well read.
(b) He needs brave soldiers.
(c) He is respectful and tolerant.
(d) He is mean to Eilif.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
2. What does the sergeant predict Swiss Cheese's nationality is?
3. People avoid Yvette like a ______ because they think she's sick.
4. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
5. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)