|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) Fifty loaves of bread.
(b) Medical supplies.
(c) Her children.
(d) An important message.
2. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) Making money.
(b) Embarrassing his brother.
(c) Causing problems.
(d) In a fight.
3. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he is cruel.
(b) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(c) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
(d) Because he never writes to her.
4. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Fifty hellers.
(b) Seventy hellers.
(c) Sixty hellers.
(d) Ten hellers.
5. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
(a) Under some clothes.
(b) Under the mattress.
(c) In his bag.
(d) In another tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
2. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
3. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
4. What happens to Yvette's first love?
5. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)