|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sergeant predict Swiss Cheese's nationality is?
2. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(b) Because he is cruel.
(c) Because he never writes to her.
(d) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
3. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
(a) 3 guilders.
(b) 10 hellers.
(c) 2 guilders.
(d) 50 hellers.
4. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
(a) A captivating young person.
(b) An eyesore.
(c) A princess.
(d) A plague.
5. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
(a) Eilif got a promotion.
(b) He has been invited to dinner.
(c) The Commander is giving him lots of money.
(d) The Commander laughs at Eilif's jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
2. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
3. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
4. Why does the recruiting officer say you can't take a man's word anymore?
5. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)