|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
(a) A mother's womb.
(b) Dust in the wind.
(d) A garden.
2. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) A decade.
(d) 8 weeks.
3. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because his mother taught him.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) Because it is the commander's favorite.
(d) Because it's about him.
4. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) Moses parting the sea.
(b) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
(c) The burning bush.
(d) Jesus' crucifixion.
5. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
(a) To pass a note to Kattrin.
(b) To tell their futures.
(c) To make fire kindling.
(d) To make a statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
2. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
3. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
4. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
5. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)