|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
(a) Throwing it away.
(b) Selling it.
(c) They have none.
(d) Hiding it.
2. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because his mother taught him.
(b) Because it is the commander's favorite.
(c) Because it's about him.
(d) To pass the time.
3. Where is Kattrin's father from?
4. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Seventy hellers.
(b) Ten hellers.
(c) Sixty hellers.
(d) Fifty hellers.
5. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
2. What does Mother Courage compare the officers taking her son into the army to?
3. Why does the recruiting officer say you can't take a man's word anymore?
4. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
5. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)