|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) Moses parting the sea.
(b) The burning bush.
(c) Jesus' crucifixion.
(d) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
2. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(a) Ran away.
3. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
(a) He is mean to Eilif.
(b) He is respectful and tolerant.
(c) He is well read.
(d) He needs brave soldiers.
4. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
(a) A mother's womb.
(b) A garden.
(c) Dust in the wind.
5. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
(a) She makes his favorite meal.
(b) She sings from the kitchen.
(c) She sends him a note.
(d) She calls out to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage live off of?
2. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
3. What is the sergeant's problem with peace?
4. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
5. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)