|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he is cruel.
(b) Because he never writes to her.
(c) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
(d) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
2. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
(a) He meets nice girls.
(b) He is well respected.
(c) He earns good money.
(d) He doesn't fight.
3. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) The burning bush.
(b) Moses parting the sea.
(c) Jesus' crucifixion.
(d) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
4. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
(a) To make fire kindling.
(b) To tell their futures.
(c) To make a statement.
(d) To pass a note to Kattrin.
5. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) Second Finnish Regiment.
(b) Second Polish Regiment.
(c) First Finnish Regiment.
(d) Third Polish Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kattrin's father from?
2. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
3. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
4. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
5. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)