Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Scene 1 Abstract
* A sergeant and a recruiting officer wait on the side of the road.
* Mother Courage and her children drive up in their cart.
Scene 2 Abstract
* The officers ask to see Mother Courage's ID papers.
* Mother Courage tries to sell goods to the officers.
Scene 3 Abstract
* Mother Courage makes a prophecy of who will live...
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)