• A sergeant and a recruiting officer wait on the side of the road.
• Mother Courage and her children drive up in their cart.
• The officers ask to see Mother Courage's ID papers.
• Mother Courage tries to sell goods to the officers.
• Mother Courage makes a prophecy of who will live and who will die in the war.
• Mother Courage's sons agree to join the army.
• Mother Courage tries to sell a capon to a cook.
• The cook eventually agrees to buy the bird although he feels it's overpriced.
• Eilif enters the tent with the commander and a chaplain.
• Eilif is praised for attacking the peasants for their oxen.
• Mother Courage describes her opinion of courage.
• Mother Courage scolds Eilif for not surrendering when the peasants cornered him.
• Mother Courage outfits Swiss Cheese for autumn.
• Mother Courage is confident Swiss Cheese won't steal the pay box...
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)