Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Guide transform into when it opens itself?
2. What does Ford plan to use to buy the spaceship?
3. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
4. What do the Grebulons generally do on long spaceflights?
5. What middle name does Random give?
All of the characters have unique and sometimes conflicting perspectives in the novel. Discuss relative perspectives and points of view in the novel.
1) What are the limitations of individual perspectives of characters like Arthur, Ford, Tricia, and Random? How do their perspectives affect their choices?
2) Why does the author emphasize limited, individual perspectives in the novel?
3) How is a limited perspective necessary for understanding and comprehending the world?
Discuss the dangers of technological exploration in the novel.
1) What are the dangers of the innate desire to explore and try new things? How does this affect the universe through the development of time travel and space travel in the novel?
2) How does the new Guide represent the dangers of technological exploration?
3) How does NowWhat relate to the dangers of technological exploration?
Arthur and Ford are literary foils. Compare their characters and roles in the novel.
1) How do Ford and Arthur react differently to change and risk? How do they understand and respond to the universe differently?
2) What do Ford and Arthur value? How are their points of view different, and how does this relate to their identity? How does it affect their actions and choices?
3) Why does the author use two characters who are opposites? How does it affect the story and the reader?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)