Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Guide transform into when it opens itself?
2. What does Ford plan to use to buy the spaceship?
3. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
4. What do the Grebulons generally do on long spaceflights?
5. What middle name does Random give?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of fate and free will in the novel.
1) Do the characters in the novel have free will? Do their circumstances and personalities force them into specific roles and choices?
2) Does the existence of the new Guide eliminate free will?
3) How does the existence of multiple dimensions, representing different potential realities, relate to fate and free will? If all possibilities exist, is there any real choice or free will?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the limitations of knowledge in the novel.
1) How does identity and perspective limit knowledge in the novel?
2) How do the limitations of knowledge doom the characters to being unsuccessful in stopping the new Guide from achieving its goal?
3) In what ways are limitations of knowledge good and bad in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is science fiction and extensively uses science ideas and concepts. Discuss the role of science in the novel.
1) What scientific concepts does the author use in the novel? What types of scientific ideas does he emphasize?
2) What is the author's view of science? How is science positive and negative? How do the characters view science and technology?
3) How does the novel fit into the science fiction genre?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)