Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new Guide transform into when it opens itself?
2. What does Ford plan to use to buy the spaceship?
3. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
4. What do the Grebulons generally do on long spaceflights?
5. What middle name does Random give?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the limitations of knowledge in the novel.
1) How does identity and perspective limit knowledge in the novel?
2) How do the limitations of knowledge doom the characters to being unsuccessful in stopping the new Guide from achieving its goal?
3) In what ways are limitations of knowledge good and bad in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Arthur and Ford are literary foils. Compare their characters and roles in the novel.
1) How do Ford and Arthur react differently to change and risk? How do they understand and respond to the universe differently?
2) What do Ford and Arthur value? How are their points of view different, and how does this relate to their identity? How does it affect their actions and choices?
3) Why does the author use two characters who are opposites? How does it affect the story and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the novel seek a sense of belonging. Discuss belonging in the novel.
1) What causes characters in the novel to feel a sense of belonging or a lack of belonging?
2) Why does Arthur try to seek out Earth? How does he try to find a sense of belonging after failing? What allows him to finally find a sense of belonging?
3) How does Random seek a sense of belonging? How does Arthur's watch provide a possibility of belonging?
4) How does Trillian seek a sense of belonging? How does Tricia seek a sense of belonging, and how does she lack one, even though she is still on Earth?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)