|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Random throw Arthur's watch?
(a) At a waiter carrying a tray of drinks.
(b) At the glasses behind the bar.
(c) At Trillian.
(d) At Arthur.
2. What color is the Vogon constructor ship?
3. What illusion does Random walk through in the woods?
(a) A holographic projection of flight safety instructions.
(b) A screening field that hides the crash site.
(c) A holographic in-flight movie.
(d) An invisible wall that marks the edge of the world.
4. What do the other two creatures give her?
(a) A flower and a blade of grass.
(b) A rock and a stick.
(c) A cup and a piece of paper.
(d) A button and a piece of gum.
5. What causes Arthur to start running toward where he believes Random is?
(a) He hears a scream.
(b) He sees a flash of lightning.
(c) He sees a spaceship landing.
(d) He sees his Guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Random turns on her flashlight?
2. Why is it difficult to tell Random's age?
3. To whom is the parcel that the robot drone delivers to Arthur addressed?
4. After Trillian left Random with Arthur, what story did she go to cover?
5. How does Colin feel when Ford tells him about his impending fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ford suggest getting off Arthur's new home planet?
2. How does Ford get the new Guide out of the Guide offices?
3. How does the new Guide arrange a spaceship to come?
4. What sort of review does Ford give the Bar & Grill?
5. What does the man who accosts Ford and Arthur when they enter the London club say?
6. What does the new Guide demonstrate with a laser and the rain?
7. What is odd about the Perfectly Normal Beast?
8. Describe the monument that marks the location where the species Vogon Vogonblurtus first appeared.
9. How does the interview between Tricia and Random go?
10. What do Ford and Arthur talk about as they ride the Perfectly Normal Beast away?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)