|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Arthur to start running toward where he believes Random is?
(a) He sees a flash of lightning.
(b) He sees his Guide.
(c) He sees a spaceship landing.
(d) He hears a scream.
2. What song does Ford ask the singer at the Bar & Grill to perform?
(a) The Yellow Rose of Texas.
(b) Love Me Tender.
(c) Fools Fall in Love.
(d) You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'.
3. When Ford, Arthur, Tricia, Trillian, and Random all meet at the club, who is holding a gun?
4. What illusion does Random walk through in the woods?
(a) A screening field that hides the crash site.
(b) An invisible wall that marks the edge of the world.
(c) A holographic in-flight movie.
(d) A holographic projection of flight safety instructions.
5. To whom is the parcel that the robot drone delivers to Arthur addressed?
(a) Ford Prefect.
(b) Random Astra.
(c) Arthur Dent.
(d) Trillian Astra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of solution does Ford look for, to get himself and the Guide out of the thirteenth floor of the Guide offices?
2. What creates the signal that Ford homes in on to arrive at the planet?
3. What kind of shoes does Ford buy himself?
4. What unusual item does Ford try to buy with his credit card after landing on Earth?
5. What is the Vogon captain's primary goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the monument that marks the location where the species Vogon Vogonblurtus first appeared.
2. How does Ford suggest getting off Arthur's new home planet?
3. Why doesn't Arthur's watch tell the right time?
4. How does the interview between Tricia and Random go?
5. How does Ford get the new Guide out of the Guide offices?
6. How was Ford saved the second time he jumped out the window of the Guide building?
7. How does the new Guide arrange a spaceship to come?
8. What does the man who accosts Ford and Arthur when they enter the London club say?
9. What does the owner of the spaceship that Ford tries to buy tell him?
10. How does Ford react when he first sees a pikka bird?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)