|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eric pick for good luck?
(a) A dandelion.
(b) A clover.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A fern.
2. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
(a) Two to six weeks after the universe began.
(b) At the exact moment the universe began.
(c) Three millionths of a second after the universe began.
(d) A week and a half before the universe began.
3. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
(a) Nine years.
(b) A year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
4. What does the message from Gail Andrews say?
(a) Not happy.
(c) Anxiously waiting.
5. What does Artur's bellhop look like?
(a) Weak and prissy.
(b) Short and dirty.
(c) Tall and skinny.
(d) Fat and disheveled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number does the computer's big mental block seem to have something to do with?
2. What does Ford use to open the window?
3. What day is it, when Tricia returns from New York?
4. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
5. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Arthur the sole survivor of the space ship crash?
2. What major event happened to most other versions of the Earth in other dimensions?
3. What concerns Gail about her interview with Tricia?
4. What does the old lady give to Arthur along with her advice?
5. What animal do the armed men in the editor's office remind Ford of?
6. What metaphor does Tricia think of, for trying to live life according to a plan?
7. How was the alien Tricia met at the party disguised?
8. Why are officials unconcerned about Fenchurch's disappearance?
9. How does the security robot act after Ford alters it?
10. What is the old lady at the cave doing, when Arthur comes to see her?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)