|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the message from Gail Andrews say?
(a) Anxiously waiting.
(c) Not happy.
2. What happens as a result of this collision with the Earth?
(a) A stream in Wales is rerouted.
(b) A plant in Essex grows an extra leaf.
(c) A rock in Middlesex falls down a hill.
(d) A tree in Yorkshire grows at a slant.
3. What was the old decor of the Hitch Hiker's Guide offices like?
(a) Expensive and professional.
(b) Frugal and fun.
(c) Frugal and professional.
(d) Expensive and fun.
4. What department occupies the fifteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Logistical Administration.
(b) Argumentation and Evasiveness.
(c) Formal Apologetics.
(d) Futuristic Speculation.
5. What is the virtual reality that Ford goes into?
(a) A metaphorical simulation of the Guide's total content.
(b) A topographical model of the Guide's finances.
(c) A recreation of the Guide's history.
(d) A multidimensional representation of the Guide's place in the universes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
2. What does Ford do to open the reluctant door?
3. What does Ford plan to do after returning the card he came to return?
4. How does Arthur make money to move to a new planet?
5. What does Eric promise Tricia he will take a look at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the aliens on Arthur's new planet physically differ from humans?
2. Describe the herring sandwich experiment.
3. What does Ford realize is odd about the thirteenth floor of the Guide building?
4. What is the old lady at the cave doing, when Arthur comes to see her?
5. What major event happened to most other versions of the Earth in other dimensions?
6. How does Ford return the card he stole from his editor?
7. What animal do the armed men in the editor's office remind Ford of?
8. What does the old lady give to Arthur along with her advice?
9. What metaphor does Tricia think of, for trying to live life according to a plan?
10. What happens to the crew of the Grebulon ship?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)