|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it, when Tricia returns from New York?
2. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
(a) A clack.
(b) A cough.
(c) A snap.
(d) A sigh.
3. What is Tricia fixing herself when she goes outside to see what the strange lights are?
(a) Gin and tonic.
4. According to the Guide, are parallel universes parallel, and are they universes?
(a) They are not parallel, but they are universes.
(b) They are not universes, but they are parallel.
(c) No, they are neither parallel nor universes.
(d) Yes, they are parallel and they are universes.
5. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Three inches.
(b) Twelve inches.
(c) Nine inches.
(d) Six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ford think the men in the editor's office are from InfiniDim Enterprises?
2. What caused the aliens to come get Tricia?
3. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
4. Where do Tricia and Gail Andrews go to talk?
5. What does Arthur hope to have on a new planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the old lady at the cave doing, when Arthur comes to see her?
2. What does Eric want Tricia to do when she gets home?
3. What are Arthur's plans after arriving at NowWhat?
4. What problem do the aliens have that they want Tricia's help with?
5. According to Eric the gardener, what happened to Mrs. Williams' cat?
6. What happens to the crew of the Grebulon ship?
7. Why are officials unconcerned about Fenchurch's disappearance?
8. Describe the herring sandwich experiment.
9. How does the Grebulon ship computer know about the hole in the ship?
10. How do the aliens on Arthur's new planet physically differ from humans?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)