|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ford exit the editor's office?
(a) Through the floor.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the ceiling.
(d) Through the window.
2. What assignment does the new editor give Ford?
(a) The editorial page.
(b) The weather report.
(c) The restaurant column.
(d) The political beat.
3. Ford replaces the security robot's chip with _______________.
(a) A switch.
(b) A paper clip.
(c) A pin.
(d) A wire.
4. What day is it, when Tricia returns from New York?
5. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Nine inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) Twelve inches.
(d) Six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
2. What does Ford find that has replaced the piece of furniture for which he aimed?
3. What was the old decor of the Hitch Hiker's Guide offices like?
4. Where does Tricia plan to go in the evening?
5. Who is sent to recover the replacement central mission module?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are officials unconcerned about Fenchurch's disappearance?
2. How does Arthur use Ford's towel to attract a Perfectly Normal Beast?
3. What concerns Gail about her interview with Tricia?
4. Why doesn't Arthur's watch tell the right time?
5. What animal do the armed men in the editor's office remind Ford of?
6. Why is Tricia upset by the video footage she has brought back from her trip into space?
7. Explain WSOGMM.
8. What do Ford and Arthur talk about as they ride the Perfectly Normal Beast away?
9. Why is Arthur the sole survivor of the space ship crash?
10. How does Tricia hope to get an audition for the job she wants?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)