|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it said that wisdom and truth are to be found?
(a) The cold, stormy Northern Points of the Galaxy.
(b) The deep Southern Depths of the Galaxy.
(c) The furthest points of the Inner Galactic Core.
(d) The outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy.
2. For what does Arthur now mostly use his Hitch Hiker's Guide?
(a) Holding down papers.
(b) Finding local pubs.
(c) Finding transport timetables.
(d) Eating sandwiches off of it.
3. What caused the aliens to come get Tricia?
(a) Her British accent.
(b) Her previous experience with an alien.
(c) Her audition for the New York show.
(d) Her interview with the astrologer.
4. Why were office windows at one time sealed shut?
(a) For climate-control systems.
(b) So executives wouldn't jump.
(c) For protection from birds.
(d) To allow buildings to travel in space.
5. What does Ford use to catch the security robot?
(a) A hat.
(b) A net.
(c) A towel.
(d) A laser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the prophet to begin speaking in tongues?
2. What does Ford do to open the reluctant door?
3. How does Fenchurch vanish?
4. After the weapon is discharged, what does Ford decide to do?
5. How does Tricia travel home from New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ford realize is odd about the thirteenth floor of the Guide building?
2. What do the aliens tell Tricia about Elvis?
3. How was Ford saved the second time he jumped out the window of the Guide building?
4. Why doesn't Arthur's watch tell the right time?
5. What does Ford steal from his new editor?
6. What is the old lady at the cave doing, when Arthur comes to see her?
7. What does Eric want Tricia to do when she gets home?
8. How is the Earth finally destroyed?
9. How does the security robot act after Ford alters it?
10. What metaphor does Tricia think of, for trying to live life according to a plan?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)