|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of solution does Ford look for, to get himself and the Guide out of the thirteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Something impossible.
(b) Something death-defying.
(c) Something simple and obvious.
(d) Something clever and obscure.
2. What do the Grebulons generally do on long spaceflights?
(a) Play scrabble.
(b) Hold plays.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Play solitaire.
3. What does Random do with the rag given to her by the creature in the forest?
(a) She wipes off her shoes.
(b) She ties it in her har.
(c) She wraps it around her wrist.
(d) She wipes mud from her eyes.
4. How does Arthur react when Ford tells him the Guide has been bought out?
(a) With sarcasm.
(b) With fear.
(c) With joy.
(d) With anger.
5. After Ford and Arthur ride through to the desert world, what does Ford tell Arthur to do?
(b) Hold on.
(c) Let go.
6. What is Tricia's camera pointing at when the spacecraft she is on lands on Rupert?
(a) The spaceport.
(b) The sun.
(c) The floor.
(d) Blank space.
7. Where does Arthur put the parcel?
(a) In a storage container under his bed.
(b) Locked inside a cupboard.
(c) On a windowsill.
(d) On a shelf in plain view.
8. What does Ford hope to exploit about the Vogons?
(a) Their misunderstanding of logic.
(b) Their mindless determination.
(c) Their emotional weaknesses.
(d) Their tendency to literalness.
9. What causes Arthur to start running toward where he believes Random is?
(a) He sees a spaceship landing.
(b) He sees a flash of lightning.
(c) He hears a scream.
(d) He sees his Guide.
10. Where does Ford find he understands intense multi-dimensional logic best?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In the bath.
(c) In hyperspace.
(d) In his sleep.
11. What does Ford say will probably happen to Colin?
(a) He will probably be disassembled.
(b) He will probably be recycled.
(c) He will probably be incinerated.
(d) He will probably be reprogrammed.
12. What shape is Colin, the security robot?
13. What animals do not react to the arrival of the spaceship?
(a) Diddo cats.
(b) Grulp slugs.
(c) Pikka birds.
(d) Lagma hounds.
14. After Trillian left Random with Arthur, what story did she go to cover?
(a) An accident.
(b) A war.
(c) A crime wave.
(d) An election.
15. How wide is the charging herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) Around three hundred yards.
(b) Around a hundred yards.
(c) Around nine hundred yards.
(d) Around six hundred yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trillian think of the sandwich?
2. What does Ford plan to use to buy the spaceship?
3. What does Old Thrashbarg shout after Ford and Arthur as they ride off?
4. What astrological sign is the Grebulon leader?
5. What kind of shoes does Ford buy himself?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)