|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Random turns on her flashlight?
(a) The rain begins.
(b) Wind whips through the valley.
(c) Lightning flashes through the sky.
(d) The bulb burns out.
2. For what do Ford and Arthur at first mistake the approaching spring migration of the Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) A train.
(b) A spaceship.
(d) An earthquake.
3. How wide is the charging herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) Around nine hundred yards.
(b) Around three hundred yards.
(c) Around six hundred yards.
(d) Around a hundred yards.
4. How do the aliens get goods from Earth?
(a) By special arrangements with a black market racketeer.
(b) By disguising themselves as humans.
(c) By mail order to an address where they make pick-ups.
(d) By stealing them.
5. What kind of shoes does Ford buy himself?
(a) High snakeskin boots.
(b) Blue suede shoes.
(c) Black and white oxfords.
(d) Red sandals.
6. What does Old Thrashberg say is needed to attract the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
(a) A handful of dust.
(b) A handful of wheat.
(c) A purple flower.
(d) A pikka bird.
7. What does Arthur believe will happen to him on Stavromula Beta?
(a) He will disappear.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will duck and get someone killed.
(d) He will find answers.
8. What does Random do when Ford begs her not to steal his ship and leave him alone in the forest with a head injury?
(a) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(b) She hits him with a rock.
(c) She shrugs and leaves.
(d) She apologizes but leaves.
9. What does Trillian think of the sandwich?
(a) It's too bland.
(b) It's too salty.
(c) It's wretched.
(d) It's good.
10. How fast do the Perfectly Normal beasts travel?
(a) Over 50 miles an hour.
(b) Over 20 miles an hour.
(c) Over 2 miles an hour.
(d) Over 100 miles an hour.
11. What do Ford and Arthur do after they give up trying to catch a beast's attention?
(a) What they are doing wrong with the towel.
(b) Why Arthur is on such a backwards planet.
(c) Why Ford is there.
(d) Who let the Guide get away.
12. What does Arthur see Ford doing after the shooting at the club?
13. What does Old Thrashbarg shout after Ford and Arthur as they ride off?
(a) Good riddance!
(b) Ride it!
(c) Be gone!
14. What illusion does Random walk through in the woods?
(a) A holographic projection of flight safety instructions.
(b) A holographic in-flight movie.
(c) An invisible wall that marks the edge of the world.
(d) A screening field that hides the crash site.
15. How does Arthur react when Ford tells him the Guide has been bought out?
(a) With anger.
(b) With sarcasm.
(c) With fear.
(d) With joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is Colin, the security robot?
2. Who will take over Arthur's sandwich-making after he leaves?
3. What animals do not react to the arrival of the spaceship?
4. What causes Arthur to start running toward where he believes Random is?
5. Where was Random born?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)