|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford say that one could buy with the amount he pays at the Bar & Grill?
(a) New York City.
(c) Fort Knox.
2. What animals do not react to the arrival of the spaceship?
(a) Grulp slugs.
(b) Diddo cats.
(c) Pikka birds.
(d) Lagma hounds.
3. Where was Random born?
(a) On a star.
(b) In a nightclub.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) On a spaceship.
4. What does Old Thrashbarg shout after Ford and Arthur as they ride off?
(a) Ride it!
(b) Be gone!
(c) Good riddance!
5. Whose holographic image does the Guide first project for Random?
(c) Old Thrashburg's.
6. For what do Ford and Arthur at first mistake the approaching spring migration of the Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) A spaceship.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A train.
7. What does Arthur see Ford doing after the shooting at the club?
8. Who does Arthur think named the Perfectly Normal Beast?
(b) Old Thrashbarg.
9. What type of solution does Ford look for, to get himself and the Guide out of the thirteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Something simple and obvious.
(b) Something impossible.
(c) Something death-defying.
(d) Something clever and obscure.
10. How does Random respond when the Guide offers to stop saying potentially offensive words?
(a) It should say nothing at all.
(b) Every word is offensive.
(c) It should say what it likes.
(d) Whatever it says, she won't listen.
11. How wide is the charging herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) Around nine hundred yards.
(b) Around a hundred yards.
(c) Around three hundred yards.
(d) Around six hundred yards.
12. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
(a) Around 40 minutes.
(b) Around 4 hours.
(c) Around 2 hours.
(d) Around 20 minutes.
13. What is Tricia's camera pointing at when the spacecraft she is on lands on Rupert?
(a) The sun.
(b) The floor.
(c) The spaceport.
(d) Blank space.
14. What do the other two creatures give her?
(a) A button and a piece of gum.
(b) A rock and a stick.
(c) A flower and a blade of grass.
(d) A cup and a piece of paper.
15. What middle name does Random give?
(b) Frequent Flyer.
(c) Hyperspace Event.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is Arthur, while the Guide projects holographic images for Random?
2. When Ford, Arthur, Tricia, Trillian, and Random all meet at the club, who is holding a gun?
3. What unusual item does Ford try to buy with his credit card after landing on Earth?
4. Why don't Ford and Arthur want to get too close to the herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
5. How many days are there in a year on Lamuella?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)