|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area of London is Tricia's video editing suite?
(b) Covent Garden.
2. What does the new Guide test first, with Random?
(b) Spacial dimensions.
3. When Arthur finds Random at his hut, what does she say to him?
(a) She's sorry.
(b) He hates her.
(c) She hates him.
(d) He doesn't understand.
4. What does Arthur believe will happen to him on Stavromula Beta?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will disappear.
(c) He will duck and get someone killed.
(d) He will find answers.
5. What food do the aliens feed Tricia?
(b) Fried chicken.
6. Where does Random go to open the parcel?
(a) Old Thrashburg's house.
(b) The blacksmith's.
(c) The site where the Perfectly Normal Beasts come from.
(d) The crash site of Arthur's ship.
7. What does Ford hope to exploit about the Vogons?
(a) Their misunderstanding of logic.
(b) Their emotional weaknesses.
(c) Their mindless determination.
(d) Their tendency to literalness.
8. Why is it difficult to tell Random's age?
(a) She is caught in a personal space-time flux.
(b) She is growing up and down out of sequence with time.
(c) She is a combinations of different ages at the same time.
(d) She grew up time travelling and in day care time zones.
9. Where does Ford find he understands intense multi-dimensional logic best?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In the bath.
(c) In hyperspace.
(d) In his sleep.
10. What does Tricia make a model of on the alien computer system on Rupert?
(a) The alien city.
(d) The solar system.
11. How does the barman respond to the size of the tip Ford wants to leave the singer at the Bar & Grill?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He faints.
(c) He stares.
(d) He shrugs.
12. How does Random respond when the Guide offers to stop saying potentially offensive words?
(a) Whatever it says, she won't listen.
(b) It should say what it likes.
(c) It should say nothing at all.
(d) Every word is offensive.
13. For whom does Trillian say they have reintroduced the death penalty?
(a) Presidents and vice-presidents.
(b) Marketing directors.
(c) Insurance company directors.
(d) Corporate lawyers.
14. How does Random ruin Arthur's knife?
(a) She uses it to throw at a target.
(b) She uses it to cut a window in the wall.
(c) She uses it to carve wood.
(d) She uses it to dig up stones.
15. What does Ford say will probably happen to Colin?
(a) He will probably be recycled.
(b) He will probably be disassembled.
(c) He will probably be incinerated.
(d) He will probably be reprogrammed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ford and Arthur do after they give up trying to catch a beast's attention?
2. Where does Random throw Arthur's watch?
3. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
4. How far away is Arthur, while the Guide projects holographic images for Random?
5. What does Old Thrashbarg shout after Ford and Arthur as they ride off?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)