|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the parcel that the robot drone delivers to Arthur addressed?
(a) Ford Prefect.
(b) Random Astra.
(c) Trillian Astra.
(d) Arthur Dent.
2. When Arthur finds Random at his hut, what does she say to him?
(a) She's sorry.
(b) She hates him.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He doesn't understand.
3. How does Random respond when the Guide offers to stop saying potentially offensive words?
(a) Whatever it says, she won't listen.
(b) It should say what it likes.
(c) Every word is offensive.
(d) It should say nothing at all.
4. What does Old Thrashberg say is needed to attract the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
(a) A handful of wheat.
(b) A handful of dust.
(c) A pikka bird.
(d) A purple flower.
5. What song does Ford ask the singer at the Bar & Grill to perform?
(a) Fools Fall in Love.
(b) The Yellow Rose of Texas.
(c) Love Me Tender.
(d) You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'.
6. What unusual item does Ford try to buy with his credit card after landing on Earth?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The London Zoo.
(d) London Bridge.
7. What does Random do when Ford begs her not to steal his ship and leave him alone in the forest with a head injury?
(a) She shrugs and leaves.
(b) She hits him with a rock.
(c) She apologizes but leaves.
(d) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
8. How does Random ruin Arthur's knife?
(a) She uses it to carve wood.
(b) She uses it to dig up stones.
(c) She uses it to cut a window in the wall.
(d) She uses it to throw at a target.
9. What does Arthur see Ford doing after the shooting at the club?
10. How do the aliens get goods from Earth?
(a) By stealing them.
(b) By disguising themselves as humans.
(c) By mail order to an address where they make pick-ups.
(d) By special arrangements with a black market racketeer.
11. Where does Ford find he understands intense multi-dimensional logic best?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) In hyperspace.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In the bath.
12. Who will take over Arthur's sandwich-making after he leaves?
(a) The baker.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) Old Thrashberg.
(d) His apprentice.
13. Why don't Ford and Arthur want to get too close to the herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
(a) They don't want the attention of too many beasts.
(b) They are afraid of being trampled.
(c) They can't stand the smell.
(d) They are afraid of being deafened.
14. Where does Arthur put the parcel?
(a) On a windowsill.
(b) On a shelf in plain view.
(c) Locked inside a cupboard.
(d) In a storage container under his bed.
15. Where does Random go to open the parcel?
(a) The blacksmith's.
(b) The site where the Perfectly Normal Beasts come from.
(c) The crash site of Arthur's ship.
(d) Old Thrashburg's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do hunters have to do to kill the Perfectly Normal Beasts for food?
2. What does the new Guide test first, with Random?
3. How does Colin feel when Ford tells him about his impending fate?
4. Where does Random throw Arthur's watch?
5. How wide is the charging herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)