|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arthur put the parcel?
(a) Locked inside a cupboard.
(b) In a storage container under his bed.
(c) On a shelf in plain view.
(d) On a windowsill.
2. What do hunters have to do to kill the Perfectly Normal Beasts for food?
(a) Drop nets from the trees.
(b) Lure them out of the herd.
(c) Dig pit traps in the ground.
(d) Lasso them with ropes.
3. What does Ford say that one could buy with the amount he pays at the Bar & Grill?
(c) New York City.
(d) Fort Knox.
4. When Ford, Arthur, Tricia, Trillian, and Random all meet at the club, who is holding a gun?
5. What kind of shoes does Ford buy himself?
(a) Black and white oxfords.
(b) Blue suede shoes.
(c) Red sandals.
(d) High snakeskin boots.
6. What illusion does Random walk through in the woods?
(a) A holographic projection of flight safety instructions.
(b) A holographic in-flight movie.
(c) An invisible wall that marks the edge of the world.
(d) A screening field that hides the crash site.
7. What shape is Colin, the security robot?
8. What does Random do when Ford begs her not to steal his ship and leave him alone in the forest with a head injury?
(a) She shrugs and leaves.
(b) She hits him with a rock.
(c) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(d) She apologizes but leaves.
9. When Arthur finds Random at his hut, what does she say to him?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He doesn't understand.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She's sorry.
10. How long do Ford and Arthur spend trying to catch the attention of a Perfectly Normal Beast?
(a) Around 40 minutes.
(b) Around 20 minutes.
(c) Around 2 hours.
(d) Around 4 hours.
11. Where does Old Thrashbarg say the Perfectly Normal Beasts come from?
(a) The Almighty's realm.
(b) The domain of the King.
(c) Far and away.
(d) The other side.
12. What does Ford hope to exploit about the Vogons?
(a) Their emotional weaknesses.
(b) Their misunderstanding of logic.
(c) Their tendency to literalness.
(d) Their mindless determination.
13. What type of solution does Ford look for, to get himself and the Guide out of the thirteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Something impossible.
(b) Something death-defying.
(c) Something clever and obscure.
(d) Something simple and obvious.
14. What condition is Ford in when Arthur discovers him?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is dead.
15. How does Colin feel when Ford tells him about his impending fate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford plan to use to buy the spaceship?
2. Where was Random born?
3. How does Random respond when the Guide offers to stop saying potentially offensive words?
4. How wide is the charging herd of Perfectly Normal Beasts?
5. What do the other two creatures give her?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)