|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
(a) She looks taller.
(b) She looks prettier.
(c) She looks smarter.
(d) She looks smaller.
2. What happens as a result of this collision with the Earth?
(a) A rock in Middlesex falls down a hill.
(b) A stream in Wales is rerouted.
(c) A plant in Essex grows an extra leaf.
(d) A tree in Yorkshire grows at a slant.
3. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. After the weapon is discharged, what does Ford decide to do?
(b) Give himself up.
(c) Use the editor as a human sheild.
(d) Talk his way out of the situation.
5. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship get in response to a click?
(a) A hum.
(b) A knock.
(d) A tap-tap.
6. What level does one have to be to comprehend most of what the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about parallel universes?
(a) All Knowing God.
(b) Assistant to the Director of Gods.
(c) Lesser God.
(d) Advanced God.
7. How high are the poles in the village of poles that Arthur goes to?
(a) Twenty or thirty feet.
(b) Eighty or ninety feet.
(c) Over a hundred feet.
(d) Fifty or sixty feet.
8. What is Ford's rule about drinking?
(a) He never buys his own drinks.
(b) He never drinks, except while he's working.
(c) He always drinks more than his companion.
(d) He always buys a round for everyone.
9. What is in Arthur's motel room for protection against boghogs?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A stick.
(c) A crow bar.
(d) A billy club.
10. What color are the aliens, in the light of Tricia's house?
(a) Orangish red.
(b) Yellowish orange.
(c) Purplish green.
(d) Greenish black.
11. What is the reason for the changes in the Hitch Hiker's Guide offices?
(a) A new ad campaign.
(b) New management.
(c) A new PR agency.
(d) A recent tax audit.
12. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Six inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) Twelve inches.
(d) Nine inches.
13. What does Ford decide to do, after discovering the editor's office full of armed men?
(a) Give himself up.
(b) Pretend to pull a gun.
(c) Take a hostage.
(d) Jump out the window.
14. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
(a) A neutrino.
(b) A quark.
(c) A tiny meteorite.
(d) A cosmic ray.
15. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Burglars falling out of trees.
(b) Parrots and other birds.
(c) Stars floating around the sky.
(d) Cats stalking mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What design is on Ford's towel?
2. For what does Arthur now mostly use his Hitch Hiker's Guide?
3. What worries Ford when he tells the elevator that he wants to go to the 23rd floor?
4. How does Tricia travel home from New York?
5. How does Fenchurch vanish?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)