|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. Where do Tricia and Gail Andrews go to talk?
(a) Tricia's room.
(b) The hotel bar.
(c) Gail's car.
(d) A cafe down the street.
3. How long are the books on the alien world where Arthur settles?
(a) One thousand pages.
(b) One hundred thousand words.
(c) One hundred and ten pages.
(d) Fifty thousand and one words.
4. What is Tricia fixing herself when she goes outside to see what the strange lights are?
(b) Gin and tonic.
5. What happens as a result of this collision with the Earth?
(a) A rock in Middlesex falls down a hill.
(b) A stream in Wales is rerouted.
(c) A plant in Essex grows an extra leaf.
(d) A tree in Yorkshire grows at a slant.
6. Why does Tricia say she is in television?
(a) Because television is the future.
(b) Because nothing is real.
(c) Because that's where the money is.
(d) Because it keeps her mind blank.
7. What does Ford find that has replaced the piece of furniture for which he aimed?
(a) A small tank.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A table filled with bottles.
(d) A security robot.
8. What flavor of ice cream has abnormally low sales in this changed Earth?
(c) Mint chocolate-chip.
(d) Rocky road.
9. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship get in response to a click?
(a) A knock.
(c) A tap-tap.
(d) A hum.
10. What is the advice of the man on the pole?
(a) Stop looking for advice.
(b) Don't stop paying attention to the now.
(c) Make a lot of money.
(d) Get a beach house.
11. What does the rocket fired at Ford hit as he hovers in the air?
(a) A security robot.
(b) A balloon.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A window.
12. What does the second prayer the prophet gives Arthur ask to protect him from?
(a) False prophets.
(c) His desires.
(d) The first prayer.
13. What caused the aliens to come get Tricia?
(a) Her previous experience with an alien.
(b) Her audition for the New York show.
(c) Her British accent.
(d) Her interview with the astrologer.
14. What occupies the seventeenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) The executive washrooms.
(b) The executive conferencing center.
(c) The marketing department.
(d) The lunch rooms.
15. What does Arthur hope for as he sets out to travel throughout the universe?
(a) Finding a person like him.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) Another accident.
(d) Finding a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Tricia believe life has taught her?
2. How does Tricia travel home from New York?
3. What is the official name of the new planet have astronomers recently found?
4. What does Ford use to catch the security robot?
5. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)