|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the books on the alien world where Arthur settles?
(a) One hundred thousand words.
(b) Fifty thousand and one words.
(c) One hundred and ten pages.
(d) One thousand pages.
2. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Five years.
(c) A year.
(d) Three years.
3. What happens to the Grebulon ship's main computer?
(a) It reverts to childhood.
(b) It explodes.
(c) It blanks out.
(d) It thinks it's a banana.
4. What are the men in the editor's office armed with when Ford returns?
(a) Rocket launchers.
(c) Flame throwers.
(d) Cattle prods.
5. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Burglars falling out of trees.
(b) Cats stalking mice.
(c) Parrots and other birds.
(d) Stars floating around the sky.
6. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
7. After the weapon is discharged, what does Ford decide to do?
(a) Use the editor as a human sheild.
(b) Give himself up.
(c) Talk his way out of the situation.
8. How high are the poles in the village of poles that Arthur goes to?
(a) Over a hundred feet.
(b) Eighty or ninety feet.
(c) Fifty or sixty feet.
(d) Twenty or thirty feet.
9. What told Tricia that the man she met at the party was definitely from another planet?
(a) He had a tongue like a lizard.
(b) He had a tail.
(c) He was purple and gold.
(d) He had two heads.
10. What assignment does the new editor give Ford?
(a) The political beat.
(b) The weather report.
(c) The editorial page.
(d) The restaurant column.
11. Why does Ford think the men in the editor's office are from InfiniDim Enterprises?
(a) They have company credit cards.
(b) They strenuously deny being from the company.
(c) They wear company ID tatoos.
(d) They have logos on their armor.
12. What is Ford's rule about drinking?
(a) He always drinks more than his companion.
(b) He never drinks, except while he's working.
(c) He always buys a round for everyone.
(d) He never buys his own drinks.
13. What lesson does Tricia believe life has taught her?
(a) Never to go out without makeup.
(b) Never to go back for her bag.
(c) Never to expose her true feelings.
(d) Never to refuse a free meal.
14. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Twelve inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) Six inches.
(d) Nine inches.
15. What does Ford use to catch the security robot?
(a) A towel.
(b) A net.
(c) A hat.
(d) A laser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it, when Tricia returns from New York?
2. When Ford re-enters the editors office, what piece of furniture does he intend to hide behind?
3. What level does one have to be to comprehend most of what the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about parallel universes?
4. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
5. What happens to the replacement central mission module?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)