|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Ford when he tells the elevator that he wants to go to the 23rd floor?
(a) The elevator says that floor is popular.
(b) The elevator doesn't seem to understand the request.
(c) The elevator does not respond.
(d) The elevator says "ah!" in a knowing way.
2. Where do Tricia and Gail Andrews go to talk?
(a) A cafe down the street.
(b) Gail's car.
(c) The hotel bar.
(d) Tricia's room.
3. Who does most of the editing at the Hitch Hiker's Guide?
(a) The computers.
(b) The janitors.
(c) The assistant editors.
(d) The secretaries.
4. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
(a) She looks smaller.
(b) She looks smarter.
(c) She looks taller.
(d) She looks prettier.
5. What does the bellhop say the boghog was trying to do?
(a) Get food.
(b) Protect its territory.
(c) Be friendly.
(d) Find a mate.
6. What does the old lady do with the food she's been cooking over a fire?
(a) She burns it up.
(b) She eats it all.
(c) She spreads it in her garden.
(d) She throws it away.
7. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
(a) Five years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Nine years.
8. What does Ford do to open the reluctant door?
(a) He kicks it.
(b) He knocks on it.
(c) He opens it with a credit card.
(d) He reasons with it.
9. What department occupies the fifteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Futuristic Speculation.
(b) Argumentation and Evasiveness.
(c) Logistical Administration.
(d) Formal Apologetics.
10. Where do the aliens say they live?
(b) In orbit.
11. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of a jet airplane.
(b) The size of a large camper van.
(c) The size of an ocean liner.
(d) The size of a telephone booth.
12. What is the reason for the changes in the Hitch Hiker's Guide offices?
(a) A new ad campaign.
(b) New management.
(c) A recent tax audit.
(d) A new PR agency.
13. What does the message from Gail Andrews say?
(b) Anxiously waiting.
(d) Not happy.
14. What does Eric promise Tricia he will take a look at?
(a) The lawn mower.
(b) The gate to the garden.
(c) The lock on the shed.
(d) The trees by the driveway.
15. What does Tricia think the air smells like in New York in fall?
(a) Burning oil.
(b) Fried goats.
(c) Dry leaves.
(d) Cat-infested back alleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Guide, are parallel universes parallel, and are they universes?
2. What does Ford use to open the window?
3. What does Tricia find on her lawn?
4. What does Ford plan to do after returning the card he came to return?
5. Why does Ford think the men in the editor's office are from InfiniDim Enterprises?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)