|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the aliens tell Tricia when she asks their names?
(a) They don't know.
(b) They don't have names.
(c) They don't understand the question.
(d) They won't tell her.
2. What does Ford do instinctively when he enters the virtual reality?
(a) He heads toward the most prominent landmark.
(b) He looks for a guide that will point him forward.
(c) He heads as far downward as possible.
(d) He heads toward the most colorful element.
3. How does Arthur make money to move to a new planet?
(a) He sells his DNA.
(b) He sells his shoes.
(c) He sells his watch.
(d) He gives haircuts.
4. What day is it, when Tricia returns from New York?
5. Where does Tricia plan to go in the evening?
(c) The pub on the corner.
6. What human element do the aliens of Arthur's new planet not have?
7. Where do Tricia and Gail Andrews go to talk?
(a) A cafe down the street.
(b) Gail's car.
(c) Tricia's room.
(d) The hotel bar.
8. What do boghogs do to communicate?
(a) Bite each other.
(b) Hit each other.
(c) Scream at each other.
(d) Spit at each other.
9. What does Gail tell Tricia?
(a) Nothing is random.
(b) It's not the end of the world.
(c) She should keep it real.
(d) The world is bigger than she thinks.
10. Why were office windows at one time sealed shut?
(a) To allow buildings to travel in space.
(b) For climate-control systems.
(c) So executives wouldn't jump.
(d) For protection from birds.
11. What does Arthur hope to have on a new planet?
(a) Actual trees.
(b) Comfortable chairs.
(c) Food that he can look at while he eats it.
(d) Sort of human-looking people.
12. What does Eric pick for good luck?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A fern.
(c) A clover.
(d) A dandelion.
13. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Stars floating around the sky.
(b) Parrots and other birds.
(c) Cats stalking mice.
(d) Burglars falling out of trees.
14. What two directives does the computer understand from the corrupted original mission module?
(a) Seek out and stop.
(b) Land and monitor.
(c) Monitor and wait.
(d) Seek and destroy.
15. What does Ford's new editor give him?
(a) A pink slip.
(b) A corporate ID.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old lady do with the food she's been cooking over a fire?
2. What does the Resettlement Advice Center worker do with the filing cabinet to get files out of it?
3. What does the rocket fired at Ford hit as he hovers in the air?
4. What lesson does Tricia believe life has taught her?
5. What drains Tricia even more than simply standing?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)