|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford use to catch the security robot?
(a) A net.
(b) A hat.
(c) A laser.
(d) A towel.
2. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of a telephone booth.
(b) The size of an ocean liner.
(c) The size of a jet airplane.
(d) The size of a large camper van.
3. What does Tricia want to do as she falls asleep?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(b) Watch the television.
(c) Listen to a record.
(d) Read a book.
4. When Ford re-enters the editors office, what piece of furniture does he intend to hide behind?
(a) A red chair.
(b) A grey sofa.
(c) A grand piano.
(d) A teak bookshelf.
5. What does Arthur hope for as he sets out to travel throughout the universe?
(a) Finding a cup of tea.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) Another accident.
(d) Finding a person like him.
6. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
(a) A snap.
(b) A cough.
(c) A clack.
(d) A sigh.
7. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Parrots and other birds.
(b) Burglars falling out of trees.
(c) Stars floating around the sky.
(d) Cats stalking mice.
8. What do the aliens enjoy monitoring?
(a) Game shows.
(b) Action movies.
(c) Talk shows.
(d) The Marx brothers.
9. What does Ford use to open the window?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A towel.
(c) A pen knife.
(d) A hammer.
10. Where does Tricia plan to go in the evening?
(a) The pub on the corner.
11. What does Ford do instinctively when he enters the virtual reality?
(a) He heads as far downward as possible.
(b) He looks for a guide that will point him forward.
(c) He heads toward the most prominent landmark.
(d) He heads toward the most colorful element.
12. What does Ford do to open the reluctant door?
(a) He knocks on it.
(b) He kicks it.
(c) He reasons with it.
(d) He opens it with a credit card.
13. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
(a) She looks taller.
(b) She looks smaller.
(c) She looks prettier.
(d) She looks smarter.
14. What does the rocket fired at Ford hit as he hovers in the air?
(a) His shoe.
(b) A window.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A security robot.
15. What does Tricia find on her lawn?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) Odd metal parts.
(c) Unexplained marks.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eric pick for good luck?
2. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
3. What level does one have to be to comprehend most of what the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about parallel universes?
4. What does Ford decide to do, after discovering the editor's office full of armed men?
5. How old was Ford when he was given his first towel?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)