|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the changes in the Hitch Hiker's Guide offices?
(a) New management.
(b) A recent tax audit.
(c) A new ad campaign.
(d) A new PR agency.
2. What flavor of ice cream has abnormally low sales in this changed Earth?
(a) Rocky road.
(b) Mint chocolate-chip.
3. What does Ford's new editor give him?
(a) A corporate ID.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) A bill.
4. Where do the aliens say they live?
(d) In orbit.
5. What department occupies the fifteenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) Logistical Administration.
(b) Formal Apologetics.
(c) Futuristic Speculation.
(d) Argumentation and Evasiveness.
6. What told Tricia that the man she met at the party was definitely from another planet?
(a) He was purple and gold.
(b) He had a tongue like a lizard.
(c) He had two heads.
(d) He had a tail.
7. What design is on Ford's towel?
(a) Green and black stripes.
(b) A red and orange abstract pattern.
(c) Purple and yellow polka dots.
(d) A blue and pink floral pattern.
8. What is the official name of the new planet have astronomers recently found?
9. How old was Ford when he was given his first towel?
10. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of a large camper van.
(b) The size of a telephone booth.
(c) The size of an ocean liner.
(d) The size of a jet airplane.
11. What two directives does the computer understand from the corrupted original mission module?
(a) Seek out and stop.
(b) Seek and destroy.
(c) Monitor and wait.
(d) Land and monitor.
12. What does Artur's bellhop look like?
(a) Fat and disheveled.
(b) Tall and skinny.
(c) Weak and prissy.
(d) Short and dirty.
13. What happens as a result of this collision with the Earth?
(a) A plant in Essex grows an extra leaf.
(b) A tree in Yorkshire grows at a slant.
(c) A rock in Middlesex falls down a hill.
(d) A stream in Wales is rerouted.
14. Where is it said that wisdom and truth are to be found?
(a) The cold, stormy Northern Points of the Galaxy.
(b) The outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy.
(c) The deep Southern Depths of the Galaxy.
(d) The furthest points of the Inner Galactic Core.
15. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Parrots and other birds.
(b) Burglars falling out of trees.
(c) Stars floating around the sky.
(d) Cats stalking mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford do instinctively when he enters the virtual reality?
2. What does Ford do to open the reluctant door?
3. What does Tricia think the air smells like in New York in fall?
4. What number does the computer's big mental block seem to have something to do with?
5. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)