|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
(a) At the exact moment the universe began.
(b) A week and a half before the universe began.
(c) Three millionths of a second after the universe began.
(d) Two to six weeks after the universe began.
2. What told Tricia that the man she met at the party was definitely from another planet?
(a) He had two heads.
(b) He was purple and gold.
(c) He had a tail.
(d) He had a tongue like a lizard.
3. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Three inches.
(b) Twelve inches.
(c) Six inches.
(d) Nine inches.
4. What does Gail tell Tricia?
(a) She should keep it real.
(b) It's not the end of the world.
(c) Nothing is random.
(d) The world is bigger than she thinks.
5. How long are the books on the alien world where Arthur settles?
(a) Fifty thousand and one words.
(b) One hundred thousand words.
(c) One thousand pages.
(d) One hundred and ten pages.
6. What does the prophet play for Arthur to show what's happened to his profession?
(a) The television.
(b) A record.
(c) A video.
(d) The radio.
7. What design is on Ford's towel?
(a) Green and black stripes.
(b) A red and orange abstract pattern.
(c) A blue and pink floral pattern.
(d) Purple and yellow polka dots.
8. According to the Guide, are parallel universes parallel, and are they universes?
(a) They are not universes, but they are parallel.
(b) They are not parallel, but they are universes.
(c) No, they are neither parallel nor universes.
(d) Yes, they are parallel and they are universes.
9. What is in Arthur's motel room for protection against boghogs?
(a) A stick.
(b) A billy club.
(c) A crow bar.
(d) A pipe.
10. What does Ford decide to do, after discovering the editor's office full of armed men?
(a) Give himself up.
(b) Take a hostage.
(c) Pretend to pull a gun.
(d) Jump out the window.
11. What number does the computer's big mental block seem to have something to do with?
12. What does Eric pick for good luck?
(a) A dandelion.
(b) A clover.
(c) A fern.
(d) A daisy.
13. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
14. What caused the aliens to come get Tricia?
(a) Her interview with the astrologer.
(b) Her audition for the New York show.
(c) Her previous experience with an alien.
(d) Her British accent.
15. What is the climate of NowWhat like?
(a) Hot and sticky.
(b) Warm and sunny.
(c) Snowy and icy.
(d) Cold and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does most of the editing at the Hitch Hiker's Guide?
2. What is the name of the company that has bought the Guide?
3. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
4. Why does Tricia say she is in television?
5. How high are the poles in the village of poles that Arthur goes to?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)