|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Grebulon ship's main computer?
(a) It reverts to childhood.
(b) It blanks out.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It thinks it's a banana.
2. What happens as a result of this collision with the Earth?
(a) A rock in Middlesex falls down a hill.
(b) A tree in Yorkshire grows at a slant.
(c) A plant in Essex grows an extra leaf.
(d) A stream in Wales is rerouted.
3. What is in Arthur's motel room for protection against boghogs?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) A stick.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A billy club.
4. What color are the aliens, in the light of Tricia's house?
(a) Yellowish orange.
(b) Orangish red.
(c) Purplish green.
(d) Greenish black.
5. How does Fenchurch vanish?
(a) During an unexplained shift in the universal drift.
(b) During a supernova event.
(c) During a magic show on an entertainment planet.
(d) During a hyperspace jump in a spaceship.
6. What is Ford's rule about drinking?
(a) He always buys a round for everyone.
(b) He never drinks, except while he's working.
(c) He always drinks more than his companion.
(d) He never buys his own drinks.
7. Why does Tricia say she is in television?
(a) Because it keeps her mind blank.
(b) Because nothing is real.
(c) Because that's where the money is.
(d) Because television is the future.
8. What does the bellhop say the boghog was trying to do?
(a) Find a mate.
(b) Be friendly.
(c) Get food.
(d) Protect its territory.
9. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of a telephone booth.
(b) The size of a jet airplane.
(c) The size of a large camper van.
(d) The size of an ocean liner.
10. What worries Ford when he tells the elevator that he wants to go to the 23rd floor?
(a) The elevator doesn't seem to understand the request.
(b) The elevator does not respond.
(c) The elevator says that floor is popular.
(d) The elevator says "ah!" in a knowing way.
11. What human element do the aliens of Arthur's new planet not have?
12. Where does Tricia plan to go in the evening?
(a) The pub on the corner.
13. How do the executives for U.S./A.M. feel about a British accent on the show?
(a) Both want a British accent.
(b) Neither wants a British accent.
(c) One is for a British accent and one is against it.
(d) Neither has an opinion about having a British accent.
14. Where do the aliens say they live?
(a) In orbit.
15. Who is sent to recover the replacement central mission module?
(a) The captain.
(b) A workman.
(d) An engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship get in response to a click?
2. What gets hit when Ford ducks to avoid the armored man's weapon?
3. What are the men in the editor's office armed with when Ford returns?
4. Whom does Eric blame for what Tricia finds on her lawn when she returns?
5. What is the name of the word that catches Arthur's interest at the relocation center?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)