|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur hope for as he sets out to travel throughout the universe?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) Finding a person like him.
(c) Finding a cup of tea.
(d) Another accident.
2. What is the climate of NowWhat like?
(a) Hot and sticky.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Snowy and icy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
3. What was used to draw the side of the President of NowWhat's head on the picture of him hanging in the airport?
4. Where does Tricia plan to go in the evening?
(c) The pub on the corner.
5. What does the shadowy shape Ford sees in the window appear to be like?
6. What worries Ford when he tells the elevator that he wants to go to the 23rd floor?
(a) The elevator does not respond.
(b) The elevator says "ah!" in a knowing way.
(c) The elevator says that floor is popular.
(d) The elevator doesn't seem to understand the request.
7. What caused the aliens to come get Tricia?
(a) Her previous experience with an alien.
(b) Her British accent.
(c) Her audition for the New York show.
(d) Her interview with the astrologer.
8. What is the name of the word that catches Arthur's interest at the relocation center?
9. What does Tricia think the air smells like in New York in fall?
(a) Dry leaves.
(b) Cat-infested back alleys.
(c) Fried goats.
(d) Burning oil.
10. What does Arthur hope to have on a new planet?
(a) Sort of human-looking people.
(b) Food that he can look at while he eats it.
(c) Actual trees.
(d) Comfortable chairs.
11. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) A year.
12. What is in Arthur's motel room for protection against boghogs?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A crow bar.
(c) A stick.
(d) A billy club.
13. What is the official name of the new planet have astronomers recently found?
14. The old lady in the cave wants Arthur's help with __________.
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A washing machine.
(c) A blocked chimney.
(d) A photocopier.
15. What two directives does the computer understand from the corrupted original mission module?
(a) Land and monitor.
(b) Seek and destroy.
(c) Seek out and stop.
(d) Monitor and wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford use to open the window?
2. What department occupies the fifteenth floor of the Guide offices?
3. Who rioted in the streets, coincidentally at a time when office buildings had to be evacuated due to technology failures?
4. What does the Resettlement Advice Center worker do with the filing cabinet to get files out of it?
5. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)