|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it said that wisdom and truth are to be found?
(a) The deep Southern Depths of the Galaxy.
(b) The outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy.
(c) The cold, stormy Northern Points of the Galaxy.
(d) The furthest points of the Inner Galactic Core.
2. What does Tricia want to do as she falls asleep?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Watch the television.
(c) Listen to the radio.
(d) Listen to a record.
3. Why were office windows at one time sealed shut?
(a) For climate-control systems.
(b) To allow buildings to travel in space.
(c) So executives wouldn't jump.
(d) For protection from birds.
4. What does Tricia think the air smells like in New York in fall?
(a) Cat-infested back alleys.
(b) Burning oil.
(c) Fried goats.
(d) Dry leaves.
5. What was used to draw the side of the President of NowWhat's head on the picture of him hanging in the airport?
6. What does Ford decide to do, after discovering the editor's office full of armed men?
(a) Pretend to pull a gun.
(b) Take a hostage.
(c) Give himself up.
(d) Jump out the window.
7. How does Ford exit the editor's office?
(a) Through the floor.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the ceiling.
(d) Through the window.
8. What does the message from Gail Andrews say?
(b) Anxiously waiting.
(d) Not happy.
9. What lesson does Tricia believe life has taught her?
(a) Never to expose her true feelings.
(b) Never to refuse a free meal.
(c) Never to go out without makeup.
(d) Never to go back for her bag.
10. Where do the aliens say they live?
(a) In orbit.
11. What causes the prophet to begin speaking in tongues?
(a) He gets bitten by a dog.
(b) He gets struck by lightning.
(c) He hits his thumb with a hammer.
(d) He gets stung by a bee.
12. Who finds Tricia to tell her she has a screen test for the job she wants?
(a) A chauffeur.
(b) A gaffer.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A production assistant.
13. What does Tricia find on her lawn?
(a) Odd metal parts.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A note.
(d) Unexplained marks.
14. What does Tricia think monitoring Earth must be like?
15. What does Ford do instinctively when he enters the virtual reality?
(a) He heads toward the most colorful element.
(b) He heads as far downward as possible.
(c) He heads toward the most prominent landmark.
(d) He looks for a guide that will point him forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Arthur make to the people of his new planet that they don't understand?
2. For what does Arthur now mostly use his Hitch Hiker's Guide?
3. When Ford re-enters the editors office, what piece of furniture does he intend to hide behind?
4. How long are the books on the alien world where Arthur settles?
5. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)