|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the prophet to begin speaking in tongues?
(a) He gets stung by a bee.
(b) He gets struck by lightning.
(c) He gets bitten by a dog.
(d) He hits his thumb with a hammer.
2. What does the rocket fired at Ford hit as he hovers in the air?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A window.
(c) A security robot.
(d) His shoe.
3. Who rioted in the streets, coincidentally at a time when office buildings had to be evacuated due to technology failures?
(a) Post office delivery men.
(b) Filing clerks.
(c) Candle manufacturers.
(d) Telephone operators.
4. How high are the poles in the village of poles that Arthur goes to?
(a) Eighty or ninety feet.
(b) Over a hundred feet.
(c) Fifty or sixty feet.
(d) Twenty or thirty feet.
5. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship think it should get in response to the click?
(a) A cough.
(b) A clack.
(c) A snap.
(d) A sigh.
6. What assignment does the new editor give Ford?
(a) The editorial page.
(b) The political beat.
(c) The restaurant column.
(d) The weather report.
7. What does Arthur hope to have on a new planet?
(a) Comfortable chairs.
(b) Sort of human-looking people.
(c) Actual trees.
(d) Food that he can look at while he eats it.
8. What drains Tricia even more than simply standing?
(a) Pretending she understands Eric's accent.
(b) Smiling and laughing.
(c) Focusing her eyes on Eric's face.
(d) Nodding and making remarks.
9. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of an ocean liner.
(b) The size of a large camper van.
(c) The size of a jet airplane.
(d) The size of a telephone booth.
10. How does Ford exit the editor's office?
(a) Through the door.
(b) Through the floor.
(c) Through the ceiling.
(d) Through the window.
11. The old lady in the cave wants Arthur's help with __________.
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A blocked chimney.
(d) A photocopier.
12. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
(a) A tiny meteorite.
(b) A neutrino.
(c) A quark.
(d) A cosmic ray.
13. When Ford re-enters the editors office, what piece of furniture does he intend to hide behind?
(a) A red chair.
(b) A grand piano.
(c) A grey sofa.
(d) A teak bookshelf.
14. What does the prophet play for Arthur to show what's happened to his profession?
(a) The television.
(b) The radio.
(c) A video.
(d) A record.
15. What do the aliens enjoy monitoring?
(a) Talk shows.
(b) Game shows.
(c) The Marx brothers.
(d) Action movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Antwelm assume?
2. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
3. What happens to the replacement central mission module?
4. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
5. Who finds Tricia to tell her she has a screen test for the job she wants?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)