|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tricia fixing herself when she goes outside to see what the strange lights are?
(a) Gin and tonic.
2. Why does Ford think the men in the editor's office are from InfiniDim Enterprises?
(a) They wear company ID tatoos.
(b) They have logos on their armor.
(c) They strenuously deny being from the company.
(d) They have company credit cards.
3. What is in Arthur's motel room for protection against boghogs?
(a) A billy club.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A stick.
(d) A crow bar.
4. For what does Arthur now mostly use his Hitch Hiker's Guide?
(a) Holding down papers.
(b) Finding transport timetables.
(c) Eating sandwiches off of it.
(d) Finding local pubs.
5. How long are the books on the alien world where Arthur settles?
(a) Fifty thousand and one words.
(b) One hundred thousand words.
(c) One thousand pages.
(d) One hundred and ten pages.
6. What gets hit when Ford ducks to avoid the armored man's weapon?
(a) The editor.
(b) The desk.
(c) The window.
(d) Another one of the armored men.
7. What does Ford do instinctively when he enters the virtual reality?
(a) He heads as far downward as possible.
(b) He looks for a guide that will point him forward.
(c) He heads toward the most colorful element.
(d) He heads toward the most prominent landmark.
8. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
9. What does Tricia dream about?
(a) Burglars falling out of trees.
(b) Stars floating around the sky.
(c) Parrots and other birds.
(d) Cats stalking mice.
10. What causes the prophet to begin speaking in tongues?
(a) He hits his thumb with a hammer.
(b) He gets stung by a bee.
(c) He gets bitten by a dog.
(d) He gets struck by lightning.
11. What occupies the seventeenth floor of the Guide offices?
(a) The marketing department.
(b) The executive conferencing center.
(c) The executive washrooms.
(d) The lunch rooms.
12. What does the Resettlement Advice Center worker do with the filing cabinet to get files out of it?
(a) It ingests the filing cabinet.
(b) It blows up the filing cabinet.
(c) It walks through the filing cabinet.
(d) It wrestles the filing cabinet.
13. What does Eric pick for good luck?
(a) A dandelion.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A clover.
(d) A fern.
14. Who is sent to recover the replacement central mission module?
(b) An engineer.
(c) The captain.
(d) A workman.
15. Ford replaces the security robot's chip with _______________.
(a) A switch.
(b) A wire.
(c) A paper clip.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ford exit the editor's office?
2. What does Tricia find on her lawn?
3. What does Tricia think monitoring Earth must be like?
4. What is the name of the word that catches Arthur's interest at the relocation center?
5. What do the aliens enjoy monitoring?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)