|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tricia travel home from New York?
(a) By private airplane.
(b) By ship.
(c) By submarine.
(d) By commercial airplane.
2. What is the virtual reality that Ford goes into?
(a) A topographical model of the Guide's finances.
(b) A recreation of the Guide's history.
(c) A multidimensional representation of the Guide's place in the universes.
(d) A metaphorical simulation of the Guide's total content.
3. How does Arthur make money to move to a new planet?
(a) He gives haircuts.
(b) He sells his DNA.
(c) He sells his watch.
(d) He sells his shoes.
4. What does Ford plan to do after returning the card he came to return?
(a) Fight his way out of the situation.
(b) Talk his way out of the situation.
(c) Give himself up.
(d) Use the security robot as a distraction.
5. What assignment does the new editor give Ford?
(a) The editorial page.
(b) The weather report.
(c) The political beat.
(d) The restaurant column.
6. Where do Tricia and Gail Andrews go to talk?
(a) Gail's car.
(b) Tricia's room.
(c) The hotel bar.
(d) A cafe down the street.
7. Ford replaces the security robot's chip with _______________.
(a) A switch.
(b) A wire.
(c) A paper clip.
(d) A pin.
8. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Three inches.
(b) Nine inches.
(c) Twelve inches.
(d) Six inches.
9. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
(a) She looks taller.
(b) She looks smarter.
(c) She looks prettier.
(d) She looks smaller.
10. What does Gail tell Tricia?
(a) She should keep it real.
(b) The world is bigger than she thinks.
(c) It's not the end of the world.
(d) Nothing is random.
11. What is Tricia fixing herself when she goes outside to see what the strange lights are?
(c) Gin and tonic.
12. What causes the prophet to begin speaking in tongues?
(a) He gets struck by lightning.
(b) He hits his thumb with a hammer.
(c) He gets stung by a bee.
(d) He gets bitten by a dog.
13. The old lady in the cave wants Arthur's help with __________.
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A blocked chimney.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A photocopier.
14. What is Ford's rule about drinking?
(a) He never buys his own drinks.
(b) He always drinks more than his companion.
(c) He always buys a round for everyone.
(d) He never drinks, except while he's working.
15. How long did it take Arthur to get to NowWhat?
(a) Three years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second prayer the prophet gives Arthur ask to protect him from?
2. What occupies the seventeenth floor of the Guide offices?
3. What does Ford find that has replaced the piece of furniture for which he aimed?
4. What comment does Arthur make to the people of his new planet that they don't understand?
5. What does King Antwelm assume?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)