|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high are the poles in the village of poles that Arthur goes to?
(a) Fifty or sixty feet.
(b) Twenty or thirty feet.
(c) Eighty or ninety feet.
(d) Over a hundred feet.
2. What human element do the aliens of Arthur's new planet not have?
3. What does the bellhop say the boghog was trying to do?
(a) Get food.
(b) Be friendly.
(c) Find a mate.
(d) Protect its territory.
4. For what does Arthur now mostly use his Hitch Hiker's Guide?
(a) Finding transport timetables.
(b) Eating sandwiches off of it.
(c) Holding down papers.
(d) Finding local pubs.
5. Why were office windows at one time sealed shut?
(a) For climate-control systems.
(b) So executives wouldn't jump.
(c) To allow buildings to travel in space.
(d) For protection from birds.
6. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
(a) A cosmic ray.
(b) A neutrino.
(c) A quark.
(d) A tiny meteorite.
7. What is Ford's rule about drinking?
(a) He always drinks more than his companion.
(b) He always buys a round for everyone.
(c) He never buys his own drinks.
(d) He never drinks, except while he's working.
8. How old was Ford when he was given his first towel?
9. What does the message from Gail Andrews say?
(a) Anxiously waiting.
(c) Not happy.
10. What does the shadowy shape Ford sees in the window appear to be like?
11. What does Ford use to catch the security robot?
(a) A net.
(b) A laser.
(c) A hat.
(d) A towel.
12. What does Artur's bellhop look like?
(a) Fat and disheveled.
(b) Weak and prissy.
(c) Short and dirty.
(d) Tall and skinny.
13. What told Tricia that the man she met at the party was definitely from another planet?
(a) He had two heads.
(b) He had a tongue like a lizard.
(c) He was purple and gold.
(d) He had a tail.
14. How long does Tricia think she'll be able to stay standing up, as she talks to her gardener?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
15. What is the virtual reality that Ford goes into?
(a) A recreation of the Guide's history.
(b) A topographical model of the Guide's finances.
(c) A metaphorical simulation of the Guide's total content.
(d) A multidimensional representation of the Guide's place in the universes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it said that wisdom and truth are to be found?
2. What does Arthur hope for as he sets out to travel throughout the universe?
3. What flavor of ice cream has abnormally low sales in this changed Earth?
4. What job is Tricia hoping to get in New York?
5. What club did Tricia go to in New York that she wants to tell someone about?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)