|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tricia find on her lawn?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) Odd metal parts.
(c) Unexplained marks.
(d) A note.
2. What does Ford decide to do, after discovering the editor's office full of armed men?
(a) Pretend to pull a gun.
(b) Give himself up.
(c) Take a hostage.
(d) Jump out the window.
3. How do the aliens say Tricia looks different in real life?
(a) She looks taller.
(b) She looks smarter.
(c) She looks prettier.
(d) She looks smaller.
4. The character in the alien book Arthur reads dies of _______________.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A bullet.
5. What size is the spacecraft that lands at Tricia's house?
(a) The size of a jet airplane.
(b) The size of an ocean liner.
(c) The size of a large camper van.
(d) The size of a telephone booth.
6. How much further is the ventilation shaft from the ground than what Ford remembers?
(a) Twelve inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) Six inches.
(d) Nine inches.
7. What level does one have to be to comprehend most of what the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about parallel universes?
(a) Lesser God.
(b) All Knowing God.
(c) Advanced God.
(d) Assistant to the Director of Gods.
8. What does the prophet play for Arthur to show what's happened to his profession?
(a) A record.
(b) The radio.
(c) The television.
(d) A video.
9. Who is sent to recover the replacement central mission module?
(b) An engineer.
(c) The captain.
(d) A workman.
10. Who finds Tricia to tell her she has a screen test for the job she wants?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A gaffer.
(c) A chauffeur.
(d) A production assistant.
11. Who rioted in the streets, coincidentally at a time when office buildings had to be evacuated due to technology failures?
(a) Telephone operators.
(b) Filing clerks.
(c) Post office delivery men.
(d) Candle manufacturers.
12. What job is Tricia hoping to get in New York?
(a) Weatherperson for a prime time news show.
(b) Anchorwoman for a morning news show.
(c) Commentator for a Sunday news show.
(d) Foreign correspondent for a network news show.
13. What noise does the computer on the Grebulon ship get in response to a click?
(a) A knock.
(c) A tap-tap.
(d) A hum.
14. What hits the Earth that is the subject of this novel and makes it different from other Earths?
(a) A quark.
(b) A tiny meteorite.
(c) A cosmic ray.
(d) A neutrino.
15. What does the second prayer the prophet gives Arthur ask to protect him from?
(a) His desires.
(c) The first prayer.
(d) False prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Grebulon ship's main computer?
2. What told Tricia that the man she met at the party was definitely from another planet?
3. When, according to Chapter 3, did all known gods come into existence?
4. What flavor of ice cream has abnormally low sales in this changed Earth?
5. What does Tricia dream about?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)