|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Felicitas (half Arab) and Renegada (half Jewish)?
2. Who teaches Moraes street fighting?
3. In her fifties, what style does Aurora's paintings take?
4. Who comes to rescue Moor?
5. What happens at the Mahalaxmi Weekend Constitutional, an annual opportunity for Bombay's cultural elite to gather at the racecourse to see and to be seen.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages on Uma as an Example of the Classic Villainess. Main points of your essay include:
(1) deception, not looking like a villain, (2) scheming, making careful plans, and (3) ultimately being undone by her own schemes.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages The Importance of Good Fiction Writing. In your essay use these points:
(1) some fiction includes historical fact in such a way that learning history is fun reading, (2) some fiction uses the art form to get across moral principles without being preachy, and (3) some fiction is pure fantasy and relaxing to read.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages on undertones of an Oedipal Complex in The Moor's Last Sigh. Your points include:
(1) an explanation of the Greek tragedy, Oedipus Rex, (2) the suggestion of Moor posing nude for Aurora, and (3) the Moor painting where Aurora is Desdemona on the bed and Moor as Othello, lunging at her with a dagger.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)