|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the papers say about Aurora's paintings the morning after her exhibition?
2. What is the condition of Vasco Miranda as Uma joins the household?
3. How was aurora really killed?
4. How long has Ina been dead when the family attends the Mahalaxmi Weekend Constitutional?
5. On the payroll of Mumbai's Axis (MA), what does Moor come to be called?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages comparing Aurora and Moor with Marge Simpson and Bart. Let you imagination run free in this humorous essay that shows the similarity in Marge's relationship to her "special little guy," and the close relationship Moor has with Aurora before Uma comes on the scene.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages on Humor in The Moor's Last Sigh. To write this essay you will need to go through the novel and select some of the funny things Rushdie includes like oddball names for people, or lines like Uma's remark that Vasco's toilet paintings looked like Laurel and Hardon. This essay will require that you put the comedic lines in contest and an explanation as to why you are amused by them.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typed, double spaced pages on Humane Incarceration. In your essay discuss:
(1) the need for prisons, (2) the deplorable conditions of prisons like the Indian prison Moor was sent to, and (3) the more humane prisons like Aires, Camoens, and Aurora endured. End your essay with your idea of how to improve prisons so that people coming out are prepared to re-enter society rather than become gangsters like Hammer.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)