|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moraes depict the city of Bombay?
(a) as the pit of poverty
(b) as the nexus of Indian culture
(c) as the dregs of humanity
(d) as the blight of Indian culture
2. What is Aurora's unfinished, unsigned masterpiece?
(a) The Return of the Moor
(b) The Moor in Hell
(c) The Moor's Arrival
(d) The Moor's Last Sigh
3. What does Moraes see about to disturb the peace of Bombay?
(a) capitalism and poverty
(b) two power centers that loomed around Aurora Zogoiby
(c) a conflict of major religions
(d) terrorism trying to divide the people
4. How does the novel take a dark twist in the character of Abraham?
(a) his underworld dealings are revealed
(b) his drug addiction is revealed
(c) his killing of aurora is revealed
(d) his attempts to kill Moor are revealed
5. What does Moor take with him when he goes?
(a) the ruined painting of his mother
(b) the papers he wrote about his life and some nails
(c) the gun Vasco had in his hand
(d) a small bag of food and a wineskin
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bungalow in a marginal part of town is a shrine to Nadia Wadia?
2. What does Moor see in the unfinished painting, The Moor's Last sigh?
3. What happens at the Mahalaxmi Weekend Constitutional, an annual opportunity for Bombay's cultural elite to gather at the racecourse to see and to be seen.?
4. What do the papers say about Aurora's paintings the morning after her exhibition?
5. How does Moor perceive Adam?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)