|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Francisco da Gama to make changes in the house and chapel?
(a) punishment for Epifania
(b) Ghandian simplicity
(c) artistic temperament
(d) religious fervor
2. What characterizes the strange speech patterns of the family?
(a) speaking breathlessly and staccato
(b) making up senseless words
(c) adding ofy to verbs and o to many nouns
(d) reversing word order in sentences
3. Who come to the defense of Aurora and Abraham?
(a) Vasco and Sahara
(b) Flory and D'Aeth
(c) Belle and Carmen
(d) Aires and Carmen
4. How does Moraes say Lambajan lost his leg?
(a) Aurora ran over it in her Buick
(b) Aurora's driver ran over him
(c) it was shot off in the war
(d) a shark got him swimming in the ocean
5. What angers Aires by their disappearance?
(a) his latest two lovers
(b) his little black address and telephone book
(c) his beloved ivories and Ganesha statues
(d) his transvestite clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commissions Miranda to paint a portrait of Aurora and her newborn daughter Ina?
2. How did the people of Bombay regard Aurora da Gama?
3. What does Moraes tell the reader about the dark side of Vasco Miranda's personality?
4. What are Epifania's last words?
5. Which of the household servants could Aires not touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the transformation of Abraham?
2. How does Moor excuse himself for writing about his parents sex lives?
3. How does Fielding reward Moor, now the Hammer, for his work?
4. As Aurora's popularity wanes, what does she do with her life?
5. Describe Flory's condition for giving Abraham the emeralds.
6. Explain the effect of Uma's efforts to convince Abraham and Aurora that she and Moor really do love one another.
7. What painting does Miranda cover with another after Aurora reacts negatively to the original?
8. How does Vasco Miranda come into the lives of the Zogoiby family?
9. How is Abraham finally successful?
10. What does Moraes have to say about his mother and his lover, Uma?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)