|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aurora become?
(a) a dutiful wife
(b) an artist of international renown
(c) a hag like Epifania
(d) a benefactor of the poor
2. Where does Aurora achieve fame for her artwork and her political activities?
3. What drove a wedge between the between Epifania and her husband and polarized their sons?
(a) Francisco da Gama's Indian nationalism
(b) Francisco da Gama's scientific experiments
(c) Francisco da Gama's religious fanatacism
(d) Francisco da Gama's strange architecture preferences
4. How is Abraham's physical infirmity introduced?
(a) he often cannot sleep
(b) he coughs up blood
(c) he has to rest if he walks far
(d) he feels his chest tighten with asthma
5. Who is the first person allowed to see the paintings?
(a) her uncle, aires
(b) her father, Camoens
(c) her aunt, Carmen
(d) her grandmother, Epifania
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aurora's goal in all her night time activity?
2. Who commissions Miranda to paint a portrait of Aurora and her newborn daughter Ina?
3. What does Aurora call the Reverend Oliver D'Aeth?
4. What does Aurora do when she learns of the deal between Abraham and Flory?
5. What does Miranda paint over the portrait of Aurora?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war affect Abraham's running of the family spice business?
2. In the office, what happens to the young 15-year-old heiress?
3. How does Moor get to know more about his mother and father and their relationship?
4. Describe Flory's condition for giving Abraham the emeralds.
5. Debunking his father's family history, what does Moor suggest about his late grandmother, Flory.
6. How does Moor refer to the dysfunction of his family?
7. What painting does Miranda cover with another after Aurora reacts negatively to the original?
8. What are the historical connections of the family Moor comes from?
9. How does Moor feel about his parents union?
10. Explain Francisco da Gama's beliefs that drive wedges between family members.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)