|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aurora achieve fame for her artwork and her political activities?
2. How does aurora appear on the outside?
(a) as the perfect child
(b) as a noisy troublemaker
(c) as a shy child
(d) as a mentally unballanced child
3. How does Moraes say Lambajan lost his leg?
(a) Aurora ran over it in her Buick
(b) a shark got him swimming in the ocean
(c) it was shot off in the war
(d) Aurora's driver ran over him
4. What does Aurora look like as a teenager?
(a) a tall, square thirteen year old
(b) a short, obese thirteen year old
(c) a tall, thin, thirteen year old
(d) a short, beautiful thirteen year old
5. What does Aurora do to torment her father and uncle?
(a) wail like a ghost at night
(b) commit acts of petty theft and vandalism
(c) paint pictures of them nude
(d) leave notes on their doors at night
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Epifania's example cause the rest of the family to do?
2. What exists in a Benengeli village on a hill?
3. What characterizes the strange speech patterns of the family?
4. Why does Camoens turn to secularism?
5. What happens because of Aurora's political activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening of the novel.
2. Describe Flory's condition for giving Abraham the emeralds.
3. How does Christina turn out as she grows into maturity?
4. As Aurora's popularity wanes, what does she do with her life?
5. Describe the condition of the middle daughter, Minnie, at the Mahalaxmi Weekend Constitutional.
6. What in Miranda's character seem to foreshadow serious problems to come?
7. What is unusual about Moor's birth and growth?
8. How does Moor describe the Reverend Oliver D'Aeth, rector of the church?
9. How does the war affect Abraham's running of the family spice business?
10. How is Aurora's wish fulfilled in Moraes?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)