|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foils the plan to take over the family business?
(a) the only grandchild is a girl, Aurora
(b) the brothers file a lawsuit
(c) the British take over the spice business
(d) Canoens gives the business to Leninists
2. What was like the largest, hottest dish of curry ever cooked?
(a) the anger of Epifania
(b) the arguments between families
(c) the fire at Spice Mountains
(d) the heatwave that killed the crops
3. What did Francisco da Gama do to the family chapel?
(a) change it into an office
(b) change it to a sterile, modernist motif
(c) tear it down and put up a Buddhist temple
(d) decorate it Hindu style
4. What drove a wedge between the between Epifania and her husband and polarized their sons?
(a) Francisco da Gama's Indian nationalism
(b) Francisco da Gama's religious fanatacism
(c) Francisco da Gama's strange architecture preferences
(d) Francisco da Gama's scientific experiments
5. What does Moraes say he has already nailed up?
(a) his family's secrets
(b) his epic poetry
(c) his last will and testament
(d) his suicide notes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory Zogoiby object to her son's marrying Aurora?
2. What foliage does Camoens says is all he need to hear?
3. What is foreshadowed during Aurora's confinement to her room?
4. Who is the person he begins his narrative with?
5. Which of the household servants could Aires not touch?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)