|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Camoens from Gandhi to Nehru?
(a) British acceptance of Gandhi
(b) Nehru's simple dress in a white sheet
(c) Nehru's time spent in prison
(d) business, technology, progress, and modernity
2. Who steps up to claim responsibility for the disappearances of things in the house?
(b) the houseboys
(c) the latrine cleaners
(d) the gardeners
3. To what does Moraes compare his resting place in the cemetery?
(a) the home of the undead
(b) the home of Dracula
(c) the Mount of Olives
(d) the death of Socrates
4. What is the literary symbolism of Moraes' nailing his passages along his escape route?
(a) Christ nailed to the corss
(b) Martin Luther's theses on the church door
(c) boards nailed over sensual mosaics
(d) Star of David nailed over Jewish doors
5. Who says, with that God stuff I got scared?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the house after Epifania dies?
2. What was like the largest, hottest dish of curry ever cooked?
3. Who is the person he begins his narrative with?
4. What exists in a Benengeli village on a hill?
5. What are Epifania's last words?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)