|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moraes classify Epifania's life?
(a) a conspicuous life of prayer
(b) a relative life of ease
(c) an obvious life of rebellion
(d) a contageous life of bitterness
2. How does Moraes refer to the saga of his family?
(a) the spice of the legendary da Gamas of Cochin
(b) the times of the crazy da Gamas of Cochin
(c) the legends of the peppery da Gamas of Cochin
(d) the legends of the battling da Gamas of Cochin
3. To what does Moraes compare his resting place in the cemetery?
(a) the Mount of Olives
(b) the home of the undead
(c) the death of Socrates
(d) the home of Dracula
4. What does Moraes lament?
(a) his lost love
(b) his being a fugitive
(c) his heritage
(d) his short life
5. Who makes a pilgrimage to Malgudi on the river Sarayu, to see the great Mahatma Gandhi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurora witness in the chapel?
2. How does aurora appear on the outside?
3. What does Moraes call the Black Gold of Malabar?
4. What is Moraes' medical problem?
5. What drove a wedge between the between Epifania and her husband and polarized their sons?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)