|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was like the largest, hottest dish of curry ever cooked?
(a) the heatwave that killed the crops
(b) the anger of Epifania
(c) the fire at Spice Mountains
(d) the arguments between families
2. What is Aurora's goal in all her night time activity?
(a) to have a good laugh
(b) to kill her grandmother
(c) to belittle her uncle
(d) to terrorize her father
3. Where has Moraes left a trail of written narratives?
(a) nailed to gates, fences, and trees along his way
(b) in safe deposit vaults of several banks
(c) in letters to a promanent journalist
(d) in cemeteries from India to Spain
4. How did the people of Bombay regard Aurora da Gama?
(a) as angelic
(b) as ethereal
(c) as helpless
(d) as demonic
5. To what does Moraes refer to as the sub-condiment?
(a) inferior quality spices
(b) the spice trail from China
(c) spices kept under the table
(d) India, exploited for its spices
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person he begins his narrative with?
2. Who eventually gains control of the family businesses?
3. How did Francisco leave his estate and the Gama Trading Company?
4. With whom does Epifania conspire to gain control of the family business?
5. What does Aurora look like as a teenager?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)