|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what is Aurora's character?
(a) a friendly, helpful young lady
(b) a lonely, unhappy artist
(c) a mutinous, inventively vicious prankster
(d) a thoughtless gossip
2. With whom does Epifania conspire to gain control of the family business?
(a) the foreman at the family business
(b) her daughters-in-law, Belle and Carmen
(c) her granddaughter, Aurora
(d) her current lover
3. What does Aurora look like as a teenager?
(a) a short, beautiful thirteen year old
(b) a tall, square thirteen year old
(c) a short, obese thirteen year old
(d) a tall, thin, thirteen year old
4. Why does she open the windows at night?
(a) to let in the moonlight
(b) to let in boys who visit her at night
(c) to listen to the nightingales
(d) to let in mosquitos to torment Epifania
5. What characterizes the strange speech patterns of the family?
(a) speaking breathlessly and staccato
(b) reversing word order in sentences
(c) making up senseless words
(d) adding ofy to verbs and o to many nouns
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the chapel after Francisco dies?
2. How does Moraes identify his family?
3. What did Francisco da Gama do to the family chapel?
4. How did Francisco leave his estate and the Gama Trading Company?
5. What foils the plan to take over the family business?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)