|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when distant relatives are invited to stay at the da Gama houses?
(a) war between the families
(b) Epifania calms down
(c) additions have to be made to the houses
(d) nephews become interested in the family businesses
2. How did Francisco leave his estate and the Gama Trading Company?
(a) to a charity for homeless Indians
(b) half to his family and half to the nationalist movement
(c) equally divided between his two sons
(d) totally to Epifania
3. Who is the person he begins his narrative with?
(a) his grandmother, Isabella Ximena Souza da Gama
(b) his mother, Aurora
(c) homosexual great uncle, Aires da Gama
(d) his father, Abraham Zogoiby
4. Where does Aurora live?
(a) in a small cottage behind Epifania's mansion
(b) in her own mansion
(c) in her uncle Aires' house
(d) in her grandmother's household
5. What characterizes the strange speech patterns of the family?
(a) speaking breathlessly and staccato
(b) reversing word order in sentences
(c) adding ofy to verbs and o to many nouns
(d) making up senseless words
Short Answer Questions
1. What led Francisco da Gama to make changes in the house and chapel?
2. Where has Moraes left a trail of written narratives?
3. What did Francisco da Gama do to the family chapel?
4. Where is Moraes Zogoiby at the opening of the novel?
5. How does Epifania classify the renovated chapel?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)