|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moraes' physical deformity at birth?
(a) over large ears
(b) a deformed right hand
(c) crossed eyes
(d) a club foot
2. Who is Prince Henry the Navigator?
(a) the Commander of British Naval Forces
(b) the long time lover of Aires
(c) the captain of the spice ship
(d) the man who frees Aurora from prison
3. What exists in a Benengeli village on a hill?
(a) Vasco Miranda's fortress
(b) a shrine to St. Helena
(c) a cave of buried treasure
(d) a lighthouse for ships
4. Who does Moor say is the woman who transformed, exalted and ruined his life?
(a) Sister Floreas
(b) a prostitute he imports to the city
(c) Uma Sarasvati
5. What was like the largest, hottest dish of curry ever cooked?
(a) the arguments between families
(b) the anger of Epifania
(c) the fire at Spice Mountains
(d) the heatwave that killed the crops
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he get the money to restore the business after the losses?
2. The heiress to the da Gama fortune, Aurora falls in love with what older man?
3. What secret does Aurora share with Moor?
4. What happens in the house after Epifania dies?
5. What changes Camoens from Gandhi to Nehru?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)