|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is represented in Aurora's paintings?
(a) the haunting of the house
(b) family history and Indian cultures
(c) crime and punishment
(d) deep religious convictions
2. What are the words Moraes says that Aurora heard but could not see who spoke them?
(a) menchi kaboo, lawanda kazoo
(b) bibbity bobbity boo
(c) chicken entrails, kingdom come
(d) obeah, jadoo, fo, fum
3. Besides Aurora's pranks, what convinces Camoens that Belle is haunting the house?
(a) her face everywhere he looks
(b) a medium who talks to Belle's ghost
(c) complaints from others that they hear Belle's voice
(d) scratch marks on his body
4. What does Moraes say Aurora became in the annual celebration of Ganesha?
(a) the lead dancer in the Ganesha procession
(b) the official artist of Ganesha
(c) the mad woman of Ganesha
(d) the star attraction of the festival she hated
5. Who is the tutor with whom Moraes has a physical relationship?
(a) Dilly Hormuz
(b) Daisy Harman
(c) Dolly Hamilton
(d) Dizzy Hellman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeds in rousing the rabble of Cochin against the unorthodox couple?
2. What happens when distant relatives are invited to stay at the da Gama houses?
3. About what does Moraes soliloquize at the beginning of chapter 7?
4. Where did Aurora and Abraham have sex the first time?
5. What is Ganesha?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)