Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Where is Moraes Zogoiby at the opening of the novel?
(a) on his deathbed
(b) on a ship in the ocean
(c) on top of a mountain
(d) a graveyard in Spain
2. Why is Moraes Zogoiby on the run?
(a) he is leaving his wife
(b) he is chased by wolves
(c) he has embexxled a fortune
(d) he has escaped from prison
3. Where has Moraes left a trail of written narratives?
(a) in cemeteries from India to Spain
(b) nailed to gates, fences, and trees along his way
(c) in safe deposit vaults of several banks
(d) in letters to a promanent journalist
4. Who is the person he begins his narrative with?
(a) his mother, Aurora
(b) his father, Abraham Zogoiby
(c) his grandmother, Isabella Ximena Souza da Gama
(d) homosexual great uncle, Aires da Gama
5. How did the people of Bombay regard Aurora da Gama?
(a) as angelic
(b) as helpless
(c) as demonic
(d) as ethereal
6. Why is Moraes estranged from his mother?
(a) a clash over his lover, Uma
(b) a clash over money
(c) a disagreement about religion
(d) a disagreement about art
This section contains 5,257 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)