|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gala Brand realize she needs to do when she discovers Moonraker's target is the center of London?
2. What does Vallance say when Bond tells him that Gala Brand didn't come to their meeting?
3. Aside from Drax and Krebs, who is dining at Drax's house when Bond and Gala Brand walk in?
4. Where does Bond go the morning after he reads the employees' files?
5. What does Bond take from the person he finds searching his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could be Drax's reasons for sending Bond and Brand away together from the Moonraker site?
2. What does Bond do when he realizes Brand is not going to meet him for dinner?
3. How does Drax manage to lose Bond on the way to the Moonraker facility?
4. Why does Gala Brand think that Drax does not trust her?
5. What is the nature of the relationship between Bond and Brand as they are walking on the beach under the cliff where Moonraker is located?
6. When Bond and Brand return to Drax's house after the rockslide on the beach, why is it significant that they see only three places set at the table for dinner?
7. Why is Brand trying to steal Drax's notebook from his coat pocket while they travel to London?
8. What do Bond and Drax plan to do about Krebs' access to Moonraker?
9. What is Brand's plan to save London from Moonraker after she talks Bond out of blowing up the rocket, thereby nearly killing both of them?
10. How does Bond handle the situation when he discovers that Brand has a fiancé?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Moonraker, we learn a great deal about James Bond.
1) List four adjectives that describe Bond's personality. Include an example from the story to explain each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief Bond has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) Does Bond change as the book progresses, and if so, how does he change? If his character remains the same, why do you think the author chose to characterize Bond in this way?
Essay Topic 2
What clues or hints did the author provide that helped prepare you for the ending of the story? Did you think these clues were important as you read the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Internal conflict affects James Bond at several points in the story. Explain what the conflict is, how Bond attempts to resolve the internal conflict, if the conflict is resolved and how it is resolved, if the conflict is not resolved why it is not resolved, and what you learned about Bond from the internal conflict. How does the resolution or lack of resolution of the internal conflict affect James Bond?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)