|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond go the morning after he reads the employees' files?
2. Where did Drax begin his education?
3. What does Bond break into in his room?
4. What does Krebs threaten Bond and Gala Brand with when Drax questions them?
5. What happens to the HMS Merganzer, a ship that was watching the Moonraker launch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Krebs, Drax's assistant, become a suspicious character in the story?
2. How does the government plan to handle the incident involving Drax and Moonraker?
3. When Bond receives a telegram from Vallance at Scotland Yard, what are his thoughts?
4. How does Drax manage to lose Bond on the way to the Moonraker facility?
5. What is Brand's plan to save London from Moonraker after she talks Bond out of blowing up the rocket, thereby nearly killing both of them?
6. When Drax questions Bond and Brand as Krebs threatens them with a blowtorch, why does Bond decide to tell Drax the truth?
7. When Brand sees that she is very close to Buckingham Palace while in the room full of strange machines, what does she realize about Drax?
8. Why does Gala Brand think that Drax does not trust her?
9. Why does Drax build Moonraker?
10. What happens to Brand when Krebs accuses her of being a spy while they are traveling to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James Bond is both a participant and an observer in the story. Give an example of a situation where he is a participant, and an example of a situation where he is an observer. Is Bond more frequently a participant or an observer in the story? What makes you think this? Which situation affected him more--being a participant or an observer? How?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the mood or feeling created by the story as a whole. How is this mood or feeling created? Be sure to consider setting as part of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the setting influence the events in the story? Give examples to explain your answer.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)