|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gala Brand doing when Krebs accuses her of being a spy?
2. Although Bond agrees to go where Drax assigns him and Gala Brand, where does Bond actually go?
3. Who does Bond call the morning after he reads the employees' files?
4. To whom does the person searching Bond's room say he or she will answer?
5. What does Bond say the smoke he saw before the rock slide came from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the map Bond finds in his bedroom in Drax's house and Tallon's observation made prior to his murder have in common?
2. What could be Drax's reasons for sending Bond and Brand away together from the Moonraker site?
3. When Drax questions Bond and Brand as Krebs threatens them with a blowtorch, why does Bond decide to tell Drax the truth?
4. What happens to Brand when Krebs accuses her of being a spy while they are traveling to London?
5. When Bond and Brand return to Drax's house after the rockslide on the beach, why is it significant that they see only three places set at the table for dinner?
6. When Krebs regains consciousness after Bond finds him and knocks him out while he is searching Bond's room, what does he say when Bond questions him?
7. What is Brand's plan to save London from Moonraker after she talks Bond out of blowing up the rocket, thereby nearly killing both of them?
8. What do Bond and Drax plan to do about Krebs' access to Moonraker?
9. What is the nature of the relationship between Bond and Brand as they are walking on the beach under the cliff where Moonraker is located?
10. Why is Brand trying to steal Drax's notebook from his coat pocket while they travel to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Moonraker falls under the genre of spy novel. Give examples from the story. If you believe it is more appropriate for a different genre, please state which genre, explain, and support your answer with evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Moonraker, how are the themes of rejection and revenge intertwined? Could one theme have been included without the other? Why or why not? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Several components of quality literature include:
1) Use of descriptive words;
2) Use of analogies, metaphors, and similes;
3) An attention-grabbing beginning;
5) Appealing to the five senses.
Is Moonraker an example of quality literature? Why or why not? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)