|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the immediate consequences of Bond's plan to save London form Moonraker?
2. What is the setting at the opening of chapter 25?
3. What does Bond use to release Gala Brand's bindings as they are tied to chairs in Drax's office?
4. When Bond sees Drax's car at Blades after he speaks to Vallance, what does he do?
5. Why will the Moonraker site be closed the day Bond makes his recommendation to Drax about Krebs and Moonraker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bond and Drax plan to do about Krebs' access to Moonraker?
2. How are the people of England misled by Drax's speech on the radio, just before the launch of Moonraker?
3. Why does Drax build Moonraker?
4. How has Krebs, Drax's assistant, become a suspicious character in the story?
5. What could be Drax's reasons for sending Bond and Brand away together from the Moonraker site?
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Bond and Brand as they are walking on the beach under the cliff where Moonraker is located?
7. Although the rockslide that almost killed Bond and Brand occurred at the Moonraker site, what does Bond believe about the possibility of the Moonraker launch being postponed?
8. What happens to Brand when Krebs accuses her of being a spy while they are traveling to London?
9. When Krebs regains consciousness after Bond finds him and knocks him out while he is searching Bond's room, what does he say when Bond questions him?
10. How does Drax manage to lose Bond on the way to the Moonraker facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Drax's belief about the relationship between England and Germany regarding World War 2? How does Drax's belief about this relationship affect his actions? Explain Drax's statement that all of England has been defeated by just one German.
Essay Topic 2
What is stronger in Moonraker--plot development or character development? Why? Give examples from the story to explain your answer. Do you think the author did this intentionally? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is defined as when what happens is different from what is expected to happen. For example, a ski trip is canceled because of a snowstorm, or a firehouse catches fire. Describe the ironic situation involving Moonraker landing in the ocean and Drax's attempted escape in the submarine. Do you think the author intentionally had irony in mind when he included this situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)