|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the telegram, from what location did Tallon make his last phone call to Scotland Yard?
(a) The security office at the Moonraker facility.
(b) The local police station.
(c) The bar where he was murdered.
(d) Drax's house.
2. What is the setting at the opening of chapter 25?
(a) Bond's office.
(b) M's office.
(c) Moonraker's launch site.
(d) A park.
3. What does Krebs threaten Bond and Gala Brand with when Drax questions them?
(a) A bunsen burner.
(b) A gun.
(c) A blowtorch.
(d) A chainsaw.
4. Why does Drax want to retrieve Bond after his car accident?
(a) He wants to use Bond as a hostage.
(b) He doesn't want to leave any evidence.
(c) He doesn't want Bond to escape.
(d) He plans to force Bond to use his expertise to help with Moonraker.
5. What does Gala Brand realize she needs to do when she discovers Moonraker's target is the center of London?
(a) Kill Drax.
(b) Sabotage Moonraker.
(c) Call London.
(d) Escape from Drax.
6. Who does Bond plan to spend his all-expenses-paid vacation with?
(a) His secretary.
(b) No one.
(c) Gala Brand.
7. What are the immediate consequences of Bond's plan to save London form Moonraker?
(a) They will be discovered by Drax and his men.
(b) Radiation will be released into the atmosphere.
(c) Bond and Gala Brand will likely be killed.
(d) They will embarrass the Prime Minister .
8. What does Bond see Krebs carry into Drax's car?
(a) Two suitcases.
(b) A remote control device.
(c) A bedspread.
(d) A carpet.
9. How does Gala Brand feel about the Moonraker project?
(a) It has inspired her to become a scientist.
(b) She is indifferent to its success.
(c) She is fearful of Drax's goal.
(d) She is dedicated to its success.
10. When Gala Brand and Bond are lying on the beach letting their clothes dry, what alerts Bond to the possibility of danger?
(a) Gulls suddenly fly away from the cliff above them.
(b) A man ducks back from the edge of the cliff above them.
(c) A shadow passes over Bond and Gala Brand.
(d) He feels the ground quake.
11. Why will the Moonraker site be closed the day Bond makes his recommendation to Drax about Krebs and Moonraker?
(a) Moonraker will be launched.
(b) The laser beam apparatus will be tested.
(c) Moonraker will be filled with fuel.
(d) Moonraker will undergo a final check.
12. After Bond clears the rock from him and Gala Brand, what does Bond fear caused the rock slide?
(a) Natural erosion.
(b) A mining site down the coast from Moonraker.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) Moonraker exploded.
13. What does Bond notice when he looks up after the rock slide?
(a) A large piece of the cliff above is missing.
(b) The dome housing Moonraker has collapsed.
(c) Everything is the same as it was before the rock slide.
(d) Moonraker is in flames.
14. Who does Bond find searching his room after Drax sends Bond and Gala Brand on assignment?
(a) Dr. Walter.
(c) Gala Brand.
15. What does Drax brag about right before telling Bond and Gala Brand his life story?
(a) His genius IQ will never be exceeded.
(b) His plan to dispose of them is foolproof.
(c) All of England has been defeated by just one German.
(d) Moonraker is the apex of his career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Drax's initial reaction when he sees Bond and Gala Brand walk in while he is dining?
2. Aside from Drax and Krebs, who is dining at Drax's house when Bond and Gala Brand walk in?
3. What does Bond take from the person he finds searching his room?
4. Why doesn't Bond accept the award offered by the Prime Minister?
5. What is the purpose of the phone call Bond makes the morning after he reads the employees' files?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)