|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gala Brand's reaction when she realizes that the warhead on Moonraker is an atomic bomb?
(a) She formulates a plan to escape.
(b) She cries.
(c) She has a panic attack.
(d) She faints.
2. What happens to Drax's submarine when Moonraker comes down?
(a) It floats upside down on the surface of the water.
(c) It is thrown out of the water.
(d) It disappears beneath the waves.
3. What is Drax's initial reaction when he sees Bond and Gala Brand walk in while he is dining?
4. What will the military be doing when Moonraker is launched?
(a) Patrolling the boundaries of the Moonraker facility.
(b) Watching the launch from a safe distance.
(c) Confined to underground barracks on the compound.
(d) They will be out of the Moonraker facility.
5. Where does Bond plan to spend his all-expenses-paid vacation ?
(c) The United States.
6. What does Bond say the smoke he saw before the rock slide came from?
(a) Dynamite in the cliff face.
(b) Dust from the collapsing rock.
(c) Mining equipment used in a quarry.
7. Where is Gala Brand when she awakens in a great deal of pain, when she is no longer in the room full of strange machines?
(a) In a hospital in London.
(b) In the trunk of Drax's car.
(c) In a back room at Blades.
(d) In the back seat of Drax's car.
8. Why was Major Tallon murdered?
(a) He was caught attempting to sabotage Moonraker.
(b) He threatened to tell the authorities.
(c) He wanted to leave Drax's employ at Moonraker.
(d) He became suspicious of Drax's plan.
9. Why doesn't Bond accept the award offered by the Prime Minister?
(a) He wants Brand to have it instead.
(b) He wants a donation made to a charity instead.
(c) He is out of the country.
(d) The Secret Service doesn't accept public awards.
10. What happens to a car that tries to pass Drax's car as they speed to Moonraker?
(a) Drax blows up the car.
(b) Drax has Krebs shoot the tires.
(c) Drax slams on his brakes and the car flies past.
(d) Drax swerves and makes the car flip over.
11. Who abused Drax when he was a child?
(a) His parents.
(b) Other children.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His teachers.
12. What do Drax, Bond, and Gala Brand discuss in Drax's office after Brand tells Bond that Drax wants to see him?
(a) The fingerprints Bond recovered from the map in his room.
(b) Willy Krebs.
(c) The card game at Blades.
(d) Major Tallon.
13. Where does Drax say Krebs will be when the Moonraker site is closed the day that Bond makes his recommendation to Drax about Krebs and Moonraker?
(a) Assisting with Moonraker maintenance.
(b) Taking notes in the television van.
(c) Confined to his quarters.
(d) In London.
14. When Gala Brand and Bond are lying on the beach letting their clothes dry, what alerts Bond to the possibility of danger?
(a) A man ducks back from the edge of the cliff above them.
(b) He feels the ground quake.
(c) A shadow passes over Bond and Gala Brand.
(d) Gulls suddenly fly away from the cliff above them.
15. What does Bond think about Drax buying a German car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drax want to retrieve Bond after his car accident?
2. Why will the Moonraker site be closed the day Bond makes his recommendation to Drax about Krebs and Moonraker?
3. What does Gala Brand hear while she is tied to the chair in the room full of strange machines?
4. What happens to the HMS Merganzer, a ship that was watching the Moonraker launch?
5. To whom does the person searching Bond's room say he or she will answer?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)