|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Monday, Chapter 6 - Cards with a Stranger; Chapter 7 - The Quickness of the Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Bond to think ahead to the weekend while he is reading reports?
(a) A phone call from a friend.
(b) The sun shining through his window.
(c) A reservation form mistakenly placed in the report he is reading.
2. What does Bond plan to do to build Drax's confidence when they play cards?
(a) Bond plans to schedule future card games with Drax.
(b) Bond plans to compliment Drax on his excellent card-playing skills.
(c) Bond plans to let Drax catch him cheating.
(d) Bond plans to lose a few games.
3. What does Drax say to Bond after he loses to Bond before leaving the room?
(a) He tells Bond to spend the money quickly.
(b) He congratulates Bond on a good game.
(c) He threatens the lives of M and Basildon.
(d) He tries to schedule another game with Bond to win back his money.
4. What does Bond tell M he will do to let M know that he will do all the bidding in the card game with Drax?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Pull a handkerchief from his pocket.
(c) Light a cigarette.
(d) Say, "The night is going quickly."
5. What does Drax do with his money in London?
(b) Donates it.
(c) Invests it in securities.
(d) Lives extravagantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Drax use to cheat at cards?
2. What does James Bond do as he converses with his secretary at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Drax tell James Bond when Bond and M sit down to play cards with Drax?
4. What happens to one of the men from Bond's office who is on assignment?
5. What does James Bond expect Drax to do when Bond deals an excellent hand using his own deck of cards?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)