|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Monday, Chapter 6 - Cards with a Stranger; Chapter 7 - The Quickness of the Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional reaction does Drax have when he loses after Bond deals from his own deck?
(c) Good-natured acceptance
2. What does Bond plan to do to build Drax's confidence when they play cards?
(a) Bond plans to compliment Drax on his excellent card-playing skills.
(b) Bond plans to lose a few games.
(c) Bond plans to let Drax catch him cheating.
(d) Bond plans to schedule future card games with Drax.
3. What is James Bond doing at the opening of the story?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Practicing shooting.
(c) Talking to his secretary.
4. What does Drax say to Bond after he loses to Bond before leaving the room?
(a) He tries to schedule another game with Bond to win back his money.
(b) He threatens the lives of M and Basildon.
(c) He tells Bond to spend the money quickly.
(d) He congratulates Bond on a good game.
5. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
(a) A plastic surgeon.
(b) A metal broker.
(c) The chairman of the gambling club.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Bond do as he converses with his secretary at the beginning of the story?
2. How many assignments does Bond get in a year?
3. How does Bond prepare to play cards with Drax in addition to reviewing popular card-cheating methods?
4. What is the purpose of the meeting between M and James Bond?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)