|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three - Thursday, Friday, Chapter 18 - Beneath the Flat Stone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond want to do when he is ready to end the card game with Drax?
(a) Play a different game.
(b) Have a drink.
(c) Go home.
(d) Read the newspaper in the lounge.
2. What does Drax tell James Bond when Bond and M sit down to play cards with Drax?
(a) Drax warns Bond that there is no room at the table for cheaters.
(b) Drax jokes that he has four aces up his sleeve.
(c) Drax wants to take all of Bond's money.
(d) Drax says Bond should be careful.
3. Why is the facility housing the Moonraker rocket so quiet?
(a) The workers are intent on their work.
(b) Drax has prohibited noise of any kind.
(c) The workers have gone for the day.
(d) The facility is equipped with sound-dampening mechanisms.
4. What does Basildon tell Drax when Drax accuses Bond of cheating?
(a) He tells Drax to put his complaints in writing.
(b) He tells Drax he knows he has been cheating.
(c) He tells Drax to resign from the club.
(d) He tells Drax he saw Bond cheating.
5. What are Krebs and Drax doing when Gala Brand awakens tied to a chair in a room full of strange machines?
(a) Monitoring computer screens.
(b) Adjusting dials and switches.
(c) Studying maps.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the red diamond on the map represent?
2. How does Krebs refer to Drax as Gala Brand secretly listens?
3. What do Bond and Gala Brand plan to do together the day she travels to London with Drax?
4. What emotional reaction does Drax have when he loses after Bond deals from his own deck?
5. What part of the rocket's weaponry does Drax show to Bond?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)