|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stella desperate to do for her family, according to Virginia?
(a) Serve them.
(b) Save them.
(c) Please them.
(d) Push them.
2. What about Virginia did Julia correct while she was dying?
(a) Her hair style.
(b) Her grammar.
(c) Her posture.
(d) Her spelling.
3. How does Virginia describe the relationship between her mother and stepfather?
4. What literary device is used for most of the dialogue in Reminiscences?
(b) Stream of Conscious.
5. What was Virginia's sister's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julia meet Thoby?
2. Why did some people hesitate to publish the writings in this book?
3. What does the editor say is different about A Sketch of the Past when compared to Reminiscences?
4. What was the last name of Virginia's real father?
5. What attracted Julia to her second husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between George and Virginia after one party?
2. How is this story (The Memoir Club Contributions) not necessarily appropriate for a submission in the Memoir Club?
3. What does Virginia say is the fundamental purpose of existence?
4. What did Virginia feel shame about when she was young, and how did that affect her in adulthood?
5. What happened to Julia after her first husband's death?
6. What happened to Thoby after Stella's death?
7. How did the higher society friends from Hyde Park feel about Thoby's college friends?
8. How was Julia raised?
9. Why was Sybil Colfax friends with Virginia?
10. Why does Virginia say her memories of the past remained so clear and concise?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)