|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Woolf spend her life trying to find incident having a relationship with?
(b) The Present.
(c) The Past.
2. How did Virginia Woolf make herself improve her skills?
(a) She burned works that were bad.
(b) She read a lot.
(c) She did daily drills.
(d) She had people criticize her work.
3. What is this book a compilation of?
(b) Journal entries.
(c) Unpublished works.
4. What does the editor say is different about A Sketch of the Past when compared to Reminiscences?
(a) It is more literary.
(b) It is more imaginative.
(c) It is more direct.
(d) It is more philosphical.
5. What kind of fabric did Virginia compare day-to-day living to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did critics generally label Woolf's work?
2. How did Julia meet Thoby?
3. Which of these stories was written early in Woolf's career?
4. Who once touched Virginia in a sexual manner?
5. How old was Virginia's mother when she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Virginia writing Recollections for?
2. Why does Virginia say her memories of the past remained so clear and concise?
3. Why did Julia marry her two husbands?
4. Why was Sybil Colfax friends with Virginia?
5. What does Virginia say her mother had experienced before she was even 24 years of age?
6. How were the members of Old Bloomsbury thought of by most of the higher society members?
7. What would Leslie do when the boys would all leave for the day to their different endeavors?
8. Who was Lady Ottoline Morrell?
9. How did Jack comfort himself after losing Stella so soon after their marriage?
10. What did Virginia do early in her career to make herself a better writer?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)