|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Virginia writing Reminiscences for?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who became Virginia's surrogate mother when her mother died?
3. How did Woolf truly come to understand her beliefs and her place in the world?
(a) Through talking with her father.
(b) Through reading poetry.
(c) Through writing fiction.
(d) Through quiet contemplation in churches.
4. What did Woolf spend her life trying to find incident having a relationship with?
(b) The Present.
(d) The Past.
5. Who did Vanessa have an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one trait Virginia never wanted to possess?
2. What does Virginia say was the main difference between her mother and her oldest sister?
3. Why did some people hesitate to publish the writings in this book?
4. Which of the following did Virgina Wolf have an idiosyncratic style for?
5. How many levels was Woolf's work analyzed on by the editor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the normal breakfast routine in the house in Hyde Park?
2. How did the higher society friends from Hyde Park feel about Thoby's college friends?
3. What did the Memoir Club tell Virginia to write about, and why?
4. Why did Virginia choose to write A Sketch of the Past?
5. What gave Virginia a sense of self-importance?
6. What did George see as the most important sign of success?
7. What happened to Julia after her first husband's death?
8. What did Virginia notice about her own memory?
9. Why did some people object to publishing this book?
10. Who was Virginia writing Recollections for?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)