|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Virginia wish she could make a new first memory for herself?
(a) So it would show her something of herself.
(b) So it would help her.
(c) So it would be meaningful.
(d) So it would make more sense.
2. Where did Virginia get the material for A Sketch of the Past?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her other writings.
(c) Talks with her sister.
(d) Her memories.
3. What was the name of Stella's husband?
4. How were Virginia and Thoby related?
(a) He was her uncle.
(b) He was her godfather.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her cousin.
5. Who did Vanessa have an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginia say the sensual experiences in life teach us?
2. What attracted Julia to her second husband?
3. Where did Woolf get the material for her writing?
4. What about Virginia did Julia correct while she was dying?
5. How did Virginia's mother show her controlling nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Leslie do when the boys would all leave for the day to their different endeavors?
2. What was the normal breakfast routine in the house in Hyde Park?
3. Why does Virginia say she had such a close relationship with Vanessa?
4. What did Virginia feel shame about when she was young, and how did that affect her in adulthood?
5. What does Virginia say saved Stella from physical mourning?
6. What did Virginia notice about her own memory?
7. How did her discussions with Strachey change Virginia's mindset about certain things?
8. How did Jack comfort himself after losing Stella so soon after their marriage?
9. Why does Virginia say her memories of the past remained so clear and concise?
10. What happened when Virginia went to Paddington Station after her mother's death?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)