|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Virginia describe Julia's second husband?
2. Who suggested that Virginia should write her memoirs?
3. Who was Virginia writing Reminiscences for?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) Her nephew.
4. How old was Virginia when she wrote A Sketch of the Past?
5. How old was Virginia when her mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from her beauty, what other two traits did Virginia most admire about her mother?
2. Why did Virginia wish she could make a new first memory for herself?
3. Which part of her mind does Virginia say made the first memory of the vacation home?
4. What does Virginia say the sensual experiences in life teach us?
5. How long had Virginia's mother been dead when Virginia started writing A Sketch of the Past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main flaw Virginia saw in her mother?
2. What would Leslie do when the boys would all leave for the day to their different endeavors?
3. Who was Lady Ottoline Morrell?
4. Why did Virginia choose to write A Sketch of the Past?
5. Why does Virginia say it was hard to fully understand and write about her mother?
6. What does Virginia say her mother had experienced before she was even 24 years of age?
7. Why did George stop paying any attention to Vanessa?
8. How is this story (The Memoir Club Contributions) not necessarily appropriate for a submission in the Memoir Club?
9. What does the editor say this book shows about the general artistic process?
10. What did Virginia notice about her own memory?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)