|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stella's married name?
2. How were Virginia and Thoby related?
(a) He was her uncle.
(b) He was her godfather.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her cousin.
3. What did Woolf believe about people's identity?
(a) It remained the same.
(b) It was always changing.
(c) It could never be defined.
(d) It did not exist.
4. How did Virginia feel in the first memory she had of her vacation home?
5. Where did Woolf get the material for her writing?
(a) Her imagination.
(b) Her father's sermons.
(c) Her dreams.
(d) Her life.
6. Where did Virginia see her first vivid colors?
(a) Her mother's dress.
(b) Her father's garden.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A story book.
7. Which part of her mind does Virginia say made the first memory of the vacation home?
(a) Her spiritual mind.
(b) Her literal mind.
(c) Her literary mind.
(d) Her ephemeral mind.
8. What was Virginia's sister's occupation?
9. How many levels was Woolf's work analyzed on by the editor?
10. What caused people to refer to Julia as a saint?
(a) She never forgot a birthday.
(b) She never missed a Sunday at church.
(c) She was always generous and kind.
(d) She funded an orphanage.
11. What does Virginia say George was deluded about?
(a) His own worth.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His social status.
12. Which of the following did Virgina Wolf have an idiosyncratic style for?
(d) All of these.
13. What was Stella desperate to do for her family, according to Virginia?
(a) Please them.
(b) Save them.
(c) Push them.
(d) Serve them.
14. What does Virginia say filled the home after Julia's death?
15. What did Woolf say she was always looking for in her life?
(a) Something of worth.
(b) Something to hold on to.
(c) Something to belong to.
(d) Something greater and deeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Virginia's mother NOT experience in her life?
2. How did critics generally label Woolf's work?
3. Why did Julia decide to marry her first husband?
4. Who cared for Julia's husband after her death?
5. What did the editor hope to show people by publishing these writings?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)