|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sketch of the Past, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virginia say the sensual experiences in life teach us?
(a) Hints to our future.
(b) Pages of the past.
(c) Deeper spiritual truths.
(d) Secrets of ourselves.
2. Who cared for Julia's husband after her death?
3. What did Woolf believe about people's identity?
(a) It was always changing.
(b) It remained the same.
(c) It could never be defined.
(d) It did not exist.
4. Who was Virginia writing Reminiscences for?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her nephew.
5. How old was Virginia when her mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Virginia describe her mother's death?
2. What is one trait Virginia never wanted to possess?
3. What does Virginia say George was deluded about?
4. What does Virginia say made her feel shameful when she was young?
5. What word does the editor use to describe these memoirs as glimpses into Virginia's life?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)