|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sketch of the Past, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stella desperate to do for her family, according to Virginia?
(a) Please them.
(b) Serve them.
(c) Save them.
(d) Push them.
2. How does Virginia describe George?
(d) All of these.
3. Which of these stories was written later in Woolf's career?
(d) A Sketch of the Past.
4. How did Virginia Woolf make herself improve her skills?
(a) She did daily drills.
(b) She had people criticize her work.
(c) She read a lot.
(d) She burned works that were bad.
5. How did Woolf truly come to understand her beliefs and her place in the world?
(a) Through reading poetry.
(b) Through quiet contemplation in churches.
(c) Through talking with her father.
(d) Through writing fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Virginia think her idea of existence fit in with other artists like her?
2. What literary device is used for most of the dialogue in Reminiscences?
3. Why did Virginia's oldest sister feel so much guilt after her mother's death?
4. How did Virginia's mother show her controlling nature?
5. What was Virginia's sister's occupation?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)