|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reminiscences, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Virginia say her recollections might not be correct?
(a) She was very emotional.
(b) She was making it more entertaining.
(c) She had heard different accounts.
(d) She was very young.
2. How did Virginia's mother show her controlling nature?
(a) She didn't allow maids to be hired in her home.
(b) She thought she could do everything better than others.
(c) She was strict about education.
(d) She didn't let strangers into her home.
3. Who became Virginia's surrogate mother when her mother died?
4. Which of these stories was written later in Woolf's career?
(b) A Sketch of the Past.
5. What was the name of Virginia's oldest nephew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Virgina Wolf have an idiosyncratic style for?
2. What realm does the editor hope these writings will touch?
3. What was the name of the most important sister to Virginia?
4. Which of the following did Virginia's mother NOT experience in her life?
5. Which of these stories was written early in Woolf's career?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)