|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the beach, Chauvin approaches what part of Anne's home?
(a) The front door.
(b) Her window.
(c) The garden railings.
(d) The back door.
2. What does Anne wish for Chauvin to tell her before she leaves the cafe in Chapter 6?
(a) About his job.
(b) About the factory workers party.
(c) About himself.
(d) More details about the murder.
3. What does Anne drink at the dinner party?
(c) Champagne and wine.
4. What day of the week does Chapter 6 take place on?
5. Where does Anne tell Chauvin she will be taking her child on vacation?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The city.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne forget to do when she arrives late for her dinner party?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Anne tell her child is necessary?
3. What is served for dessert at the dinner party?
4. What does the child say he does not want to do at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How is Anne's voice described as in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Anne and Chauvin react when the child enters the cafe near the end of Chapter 6.
2. What does Anne tell Chauvin about the women who lived behind the beech tree?
3. What does Anne say to Chauvin about her getting sick from wine the night before?
4. How do Anne and the child react when the teacher asks that someone besides Anne bring him to his music lessons from then on?
5. Why does the teacher to tell Anne that she will no longer be able to give the child piano lessons?
6. How is the preparation of the salmon described in Chapter 7?
7. How are the guests at the dinner party described?
8. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. What happens when the teacher makes the child play scales as punishment in Chapter 5?
10. What do Anne and Chauvin talk about regarding the child when they first sit down in the cafe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)