|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne tell Chauvin concerning her child in Chapter 8?
(a) That she misses him.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That she invented him.
(d) That she adores him.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Anne do at the entrance of the cafe?
(a) Goes right in.
(b) Pauses and doesn't go in.
(c) Talks to the teacher outside.
(d) Talks to the child outside.
3. What is the child humming when he comes into the cafe at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) His sonatina.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) He doesn't hum.
(d) A tune from the radio.
4. What does Anne drink at the dinner party?
(d) Champagne and wine.
5. What does the patronne do just after Anne leaves the cafe in Chapter 8?
(c) Turns down the radio.
(d) Turns up the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes of scales does the teacher make the child do as punishment?
2. Whom is Anne talking about when she says, "once he had realized how much she had wanted him to do it, I'd like you to tell me why he didn't do it"?
3. Who asks Anne to leave the cafe in Chapter 6?
4. What does Chauvin do when Anne places her hand on the counter in Chapter 8?
5. What does Chauvin do when he sees Anne coming toward the cafe in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's appearance at her dinner party.
2. How does Chauvin describe the flower on Anne's dress to her in Chapter 6?
3. Describe how Anne leaves the cafe at the end of Chapter 8.
4. What does Anne do with the magnolia on her dress during the dinner party?
5. Describe Anne and the child's walk home from the cafe at the end of Chapter 6.
6. What causes the child to play his scales properly during his music lesson in Chapter 5?
7. Why does the teacher to tell Anne that she will no longer be able to give the child piano lessons?
8. How does the teacher respond to Anne after she says that to improve his piano playing her child just needs to apply himself more?
9. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What does Anne say to Chauvin about her getting sick from wine the night before?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)