|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words does Anne have her child repeat several times at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Happy and cheerful.
(b) Moderately and melodiously.
(c) Slowly and honestly.
(d) Fast and furious.
2. What question does Anne ask her child just after leaving the music lesson in Chapter 5?
(a) She asks if he wants a toy.
(b) She asks if he likes the teacher.
(c) She asks if he misbehaves deliberately.
(d) She asks if he wants to go home.
3. How does the book say the child played the sonatina at the end of his lesson in Chapter 5?
(d) Almost perfect.
4. What do Anne and the child see out a window as they climb to the top of the teacher's apartment stairs?
(a) Sea and boats.
(b) A steam shovel and wet sand.
(c) Men and women.
(d) Children and boats.
5. Who does the bar patronne say is young?
(c) The child.
(d) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the patronne do just after Anne leaves the cafe in Chapter 8?
2. What floor is the teacher's apartment on?
3. What time does the patronne tell Anne and Chauvin it is?
4. What event is Anne late for when she talks with Chauvin in the cafe?
5. How many minutes of scales does the teacher make the child do as punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the patronne tell Chauvin about Anne during the child's music lesson in Chapter 5?
2. Describe how Anne leaves the cafe at the end of Chapter 8.
3. How is the preparation of the salmon described in Chapter 7?
4. How does Chauvin describe the home life of the dead woman and her husband to Anne?
5. How do Anne and the child react when the teacher asks that someone besides Anne bring him to his music lessons from then on?
6. What happens when the teacher makes the child play scales as punishment in Chapter 5?
7. Describe Anne and Chauvin's interaction outside the cafe just before they go inside.
8. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. Describe Anne and Chauvin's first kiss.
10. What does the patronne say about the child's sonatina when she hears it playing in the cafe?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)