|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the duck prepared at the dinner party?
2. What does the patronne do just after Anne leaves the cafe in Chapter 8?
(c) Turns up the radio.
(d) Turns down the radio.
3. After she told him of the dead women who once lived in her bedroom, what does Anne say the child asked?
(a) He wanted to meet them.
(b) He missed them.
(c) He wanted to talk to them.
(d) He was scared of them.
4. What does Anne tell Chauvin regarding her child's music lesson in Chapter 8?
(a) That they got a new teacher.
(b) That they have been moved.
(c) That someone else would start taking him to the lessons.
(d) That he wouldn't be taking them anymore.
5. What type of fish is first mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "they don't ask to come into this world"?
2. Who stands at the door of the child's room at the end of Chapter 7?
3. After leaving the beach, Chauvin approaches what part of Anne's home?
4. When Chauvin begins describing a scene to Anne in the cafe in Chapter 6, what does he say she is leaning on?
5. What do the dinner guests suggest is making Anne nauseous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the preparation of the salmon described in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Anne and the child's walk home from the cafe at the end of Chapter 6.
3. Why does Anne make her child repeat moderately and melodiously at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Chauvin do outside Anne's house during the dinner party.
5. What happens when the teacher makes the child play scales as punishment in Chapter 5?
6. Why does the teacher to tell Anne that she will no longer be able to give the child piano lessons?
7. How does Chauvin describe the home life of the dead woman and her husband to Anne?
8. How do Anne and the child react when the teacher asks that someone besides Anne bring him to his music lessons from then on?
9. How are the guests at the dinner party described?
10. What do Anne and Chauvin talk about regarding the child when they first sit down in the cafe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)