|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I never really knew how much I liked wine"?
(c) The patronnne.
(d) The child.
2. What does Anne forget to do when she arrives late for her dinner party?
(c) Say hello to her husband.
(d) Put the child to bed.
3. After leaving the beach, Chauvin approaches what part of Anne's home?
(a) The garden railings.
(b) The back door.
(c) Her window.
(d) The front door.
4. Where does Anne go when she leaves the dinner table during the party?
(b) The hallway.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The child's room.
5. What type of bird does the child look at just after the end of the music lesson in Chapter 5?
6. What day of the week does Chapter 6 take place on?
7. What does the teacher complain to Anne that the child is doing to her?
(a) Spitting on her.
(b) Yelling at her.
(c) Making fun of her.
(d) Hitting her.
8. Who cries at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The child.
(b) The patronne.
9. In Chapter 8, who comments that it's a nice day?
(a) The child.
(b) The patronnne.
10. Who comments that the child has been working on his sonatina for a month?
(a) The teacher.
(c) The patronne.
11. What time does the patronne tell Anne and Chauvin it is?
12. What is Chauvin talking about when he tells Anne "you better resign yourself to the idea"?
(a) That she will arrive home late.
(b) That she is drunk.
(c) That she has a child.
(d) That she will be caught by her husband.
13. Where does Anne tell Chauvin she will be taking her child on vacation?
(a) The seashore.
(b) The lake.
(c) The city.
(d) The mountains.
14. What color is Anne's hair?
15. Whom is Anne talking about when she says, "once he had realized how much she had wanted him to do it, I'd like you to tell me why he didn't do it"?
(a) Her husband.
(c) The child.
(d) The dead woman's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne tells Chauvin that she watches the men out on the street outside her house when?
2. What tempo does the child say he is playing in after being questioned by the teacher in Chapter 5?
3. What has Chauvin failed to do the morning of his and Anne's meeting at the cafe in Chapter 8?
4. What does Anne wish for Chauvin to tell her before she leaves the cafe in Chapter 6?
5. What does Anne tell Chauvin she thinks she'll never be able to stop?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)