|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road do Anne and the child walk along at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Boulevard de la Mer.
(b) Luane Drive.
(c) Wind Street.
(d) Boulevard Louis.
2. To what does Anne compare the dead woman's scream when discussing the death with the man?
(a) Her child's.
(b) The teacher's.
(c) Her own during childbirth.
(d) A banshee.
3. When does Anne say she goes to the railings at her home?
(a) While her husband is at work.
(b) While her husband sleeps.
(c) While her child is away.
(d) While her child sleeps.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what are the child and Anne walking toward?
(a) The business district.
(b) The affluent area of town.
(c) The port area.
(d) The lake area.
5. Who says, "this is where the scream came from, I remember"?
(b) The child.
(c) The man.
(d) The patronne.
6. What object does the patronne watch outside the cafe after Anne and the man sit at a table in Chapter 3?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A car.
(c) A tugboat.
(d) A sailboat.
7. What does the book say the whole town was talking about at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The good weather.
(c) The bad weather.
(d) Anne's child.
8. After the music lesson ends in Chapter 1, who does Anne see when she enters the cafe below the teacher's apartment?
(a) A hurt woman.
(b) A hurt man.
(c) A dead woman.
(d) A dead man.
9. What landscape does Anne see when she looks out the window of the teacher's apartment in Chapter 1?
(c) The sea.
(d) A lake.
10. At the end of Chapter 1, who is standing with Anne's child when she returns from the scene in the cafe?
(a) The teacher.
(b) Another child.
(c) A stranger.
(d) No one.
11. Whom does Anne describe as "talented enough, but doesn't apply himself"?
(a) Her father.
(b) The man.
(c) Her child.
(d) Her husband.
12. Who leads Anne home from the cafe in Chapter 4?
(a) The man.
(b) The patronne.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The child.
13. What type of tree does the man describe as one of the most beautiful in Anne's garden?
14. What type of animal does the child observe at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
15. What is coming from the person's mouth whom Anne sees in the cafe just after the music lesson ends in Chapter 1?
(d) A tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the patronne tell the man that Anne and the child come there for music lessons?
2. Where does Anne tell the man the boulevard she lives on will be extended to?
3. What kind of birds does Anne say are everywhere and can be found dead after a storm?
4. Who eventually stops the music lesson to investigate the source of the loud noise outside heard in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the child play while Anne drinks at the bar?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)