|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, why does Peeta refuse to allow Katniss to remove his handcuffs?
2. In Chapter 23, where do Katniss and her remaining squad members take refuge after leaving the tunnels?
3. In Chapter 25, Katniss dreams she is what type of animal?
4. In Chapter 20, why does Katniss instruct the squad to get off the street?
5. In Chapter 27, who joins Katniss in District 12 after her return?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, Katniss is angered when she learns she will not be with one of the military teams going to the Capitol. Why is Katniss upset? What does she do about it?
2. In Chapter 20, why does Mitchell attack Peeta? What is the result of this attack?
3. In Chapter 24, Katniss and her squad hear a report on television about new policies in the Capitol. What are these policies and how does Katniss hope to use them?
4. At the end of Chapter 19, why is Katniss' squad in the Capitol? What happens to Boggs?
5. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
6. In Chapter 19, who does Katniss believe Coin has sent to kill her as she waits with her unit to go into the Capitol? Why?
7. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
8. In Chapter 25, who does Katniss find tending to roses in the Presidential mansion? What does this person say to Katniss?
9. In Chapter 24, who does Katniss see in the City Circle just as bombs begin to descend on them?
10. In Chapter 21, what does Peeta want the squad to do with him? Who promises to do just that if it becomes necessary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the Capitol bombs District 13? What does Katniss see when she leaves the bowels of the district to review the damage? What is symbolic about this sight? How does Katniss feel about it? What is Katniss' biggest fear about the consequences of future actions by the rebels? Why does she fear this?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Katniss go to District 2? What is the Nut? Why do the rebels need to take control of the Nut? What does Gale suggest they do to take control of the Nut? What is Katniss' opinion of Gale's plan? What does Katniss think they should do instead? What happens when Capitol supporters begin coming out of the train station at the base of the Nut? How does Katniss think she can control the chaos? What happens when Katniss tries to talk to the frightened Capitol supporters?
Essay Topic 3
What is District 13? Why have so many believed that the district was destroyed seventy-five years before? What really happened? Who is Coin? What does she want from Katniss? For what reason? How has the mockingjay become a symbol of the rebellion? How does Katniss feel about this? Why does Katniss resist the role Coin wants her to play in the rebellion? What has Katniss' resent experiences impacted her view of the future and her decisions regarding her own role in the rebellion?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)