|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Gale tell Katniss happened in the square in District 2 after she was shot?
2. In Chapter 16, where does Plutarch say the name Panem came from?
3. In Chapter 27, who joins Katniss in District 12 after her return?
4. In Chapter 22, what does Katniss recall a group of jabberjays did during one of the Hunger Games in which she was a tribute?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Haymitch say Snow could not use him after his win in the Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, where does Cressida find refuge for Katniss' squad?
2. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
3. In Chapter 24, what does Gale say will be the deciding factor in Katniss choosing between Gale and Peeta as lovers?
4. In Chapter 25, where does Katniss wake after suffering from burns in the bombing in the City Circle?
5. In Chapter 19, who does Katniss believe Coin has sent to kill her as she waits with her unit to go into the Capitol? Why?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Katniss discover has been done to modify Gale's traps? How does she feel about this?
7. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
9. In Chapter 25, who does Katniss find tending to roses in the Presidential mansion? What does this person say to Katniss?
10. What are tracker jackers? How do the doctors believe in chapter 13 they were used to brainwash Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Katniss go when she is sent to the Capitol with the rest of the rebels? Why are they not sent into the city? What does Katniss realize her role will be in the taking of the Capitol and the death of Snow? Why does Coin send Peeta to join Katniss' squad? What does Katniss believe Coin's motivation is? For what reason? How does the leader of Katniss' group take steps to protect Katniss?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Peeta? What relationship did Peeta and Katniss have in the previous novels? How has their relationship changed in this novel? How does Katniss feel about Peeta? Why does she worry that her actions will impact Peeta's well being? Does it? How is Peeta rescued? By whom? How is this ironic? How does Peeta react to Katniss when she goes to see him? For what reason? How does this make Katniss feel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Katniss and Gale
2) Katniss and Peeta
3) Katniss and Snow
4) Katniss and Coin.
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)