|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what do the mutts remind Katniss of?
2. In Chapter 21, who leads Katniss and her squad through the tunnels under the Capitol?
3. In Chapter 23, where do Katniss and her remaining squad members take refuge after leaving the tunnels?
4. In Chapter 17, why does Johanna decide to train with Katniss in order to qualify to go to the Capitol for the final invasion?
5. In Chapter 13, what word does Katniss use to describe Peeta's mental condition after his return from the Capitol?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Katniss and her squad hear a report on television about new policies in the Capitol. What are these policies and how does Katniss hope to use them?
2. In Chapter 15, Katniss argues with Gale over his plan to trap hundreds of people inside a mountain compound in District 2 known as the Nut. Why does Gale want to do this? Why does Katniss argue against it? What is the result?
3. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
4. In Chapter 18, who trains to go to the Capitol with Katniss? What is the result of this training?
5. In Chapter 19, who tells Katniss to be nice to Peeta? How does she fulfill this demand?
6. In Chapter 20, what lie does Katniss tell her squad? For what reason?
7. In Chapter 16, there is a celebration in District 13. What is this celebration for?
8. In Chapter 24, how do Katniss and Gale become separated as they make their way to the Presidential mansion?
9. In Chapter 14, what reasons does the author give for District 2 to remain on the side of the Capitol?
10. In Chapter 16, Katniss is back in the hospital in District 13. How was Katniss injured? Who does she find in her room as she recovers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Boggs in chapter 20? Why does he give Katniss the Holo? What is Katniss to do with the Holo? How does Katniss react to this sudden change in circumstances? What lie does Katniss tell to force the others to follow her? Why does she do this? Is Katniss choosing a personal vendetta over the safety of those following her? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Katniss, her mother, and Prim
2) Katniss and Gail
3) Katniss and Coin
4) Katniss and Haymitch.
Essay Topic 3
Who else is rescued with Peeta? For what reason? What is this person's relationship to Finnick? What does Katniss do for this couple? Who else does Katniss become reacquainted with during this time period? What is their relationship like? How do they help one another prepare to join the rebellion assault on the Capitol? Is this good for Katniss?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)