|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how does Boggs deal with the danger Peeta presents for Katniss?
2. In Chapter 13, what kind of wound did Gale suffer while attempting to rescue Peeta?
3. In Chapter 27, how does Snow finally die?
4. How many children do Peeta and Katniss have, as mentioned in the epilogue of the novel?
5. In Chapter 17, why does Johanna decide to train with Katniss in order to qualify to go to the Capitol for the final invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Katniss is placed under arrest for what crime? What is her punishment?
2. In Chapter 21, Katniss and her squad begin to move deeper into the city. How do they travel? What trouble comes after them at the end of the chapter?
3. In Chapter 17, Katniss is angered when she learns she will not be with one of the military teams going to the Capitol. Why is Katniss upset? What does she do about it?
4. In Chapter 24, Katniss and her squad hear a report on television about new policies in the Capitol. What are these policies and how does Katniss hope to use them?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Katniss discover has been done to modify Gale's traps? How does she feel about this?
6. In Chapter 14, what reasons does the author give for District 2 to remain on the side of the Capitol?
7. In Chapter 12, what does Finnick accuse Snow of using to keep his political rivals away? How does this relate to the roses that have become Snow's symbol?
8. In Chapter 19, who tells Katniss to be nice to Peeta? How does she fulfill this demand?
9. In Chapter 21, what does Peeta want the squad to do with him? Who promises to do just that if it becomes necessary?
10. Throughout the latter chapters of the book, what question does Peeta constantly ask and/or answer when he has memories that he is unsure of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Katniss fail to kill Snow? What tragedy changes Katniss' view of events? What does Snow tell Katniss? Did she already suspect the truth behind Snow's revelation? What does Katniss decide to do about this information? Who does Katniss kill? For what reason? How does this change Katniss' situation? Where does Katniss end up? For what reason? Is what Katniss has done a good or wrong thing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Katniss go to District 2? What is the Nut? Why do the rebels need to take control of the Nut? What does Gale suggest they do to take control of the Nut? What is Katniss' opinion of Gale's plan? What does Katniss think they should do instead? What happens when Capitol supporters begin coming out of the train station at the base of the Nut? How does Katniss think she can control the chaos? What happens when Katniss tries to talk to the frightened Capitol supporters?
Essay Topic 3
What is District 13? Why have so many believed that the district was destroyed seventy-five years before? What really happened? Who is Coin? What does she want from Katniss? For what reason? How has the mockingjay become a symbol of the rebellion? How does Katniss feel about this? Why does Katniss resist the role Coin wants her to play in the rebellion? What has Katniss' resent experiences impacted her view of the future and her decisions regarding her own role in the rebellion?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)