|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
2. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
3. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
4. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
5. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Katniss discovers that Snow has sent a message to her that is similar to one she discovered in the Victory Village in chapter 1. What is it?
2. In Chapter 4, Katniss discovers that District 13 has taken a few captives of their own. Who does Katniss help to rescue from District 13's prison?
3. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
4. Where is Katniss living in Chapter 2? What does she think of this place?
5. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
6. In Chapter 8, the reader gets some insight into Katniss' relationship with her mother. Why does Katniss not refer to her mother when she participates in rebellion activities?
7. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
8. In Chapter 5, why does Katniss's prep team begin the process of beautifying her body?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. Who does Katniss see on the Capitol television broadcast in Chapter 2? How does this make her feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is District 8? Why does Katniss go there? Why do the peacekeepers attack while Katniss is in District 8? How does Katniss respond to this attack? What do Katniss's actions say about her, about her possible future? Who films the attack? What is done with the footage? For what reason? How does Katniss feel about this development?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Katniss want to go to the Capitol? What is her plan? Why does Coin deny her? What is Coin's motivation in keeping Katniss away from the Capitol? What does Katniss do to get to the Capitol? For what reason? Who works with her? For what reason? What motivates most of the survivors of the Hunger Games in this novel? How does this compare to the motivations of the other members of the rebellion?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Gale? How long have Katniss and Gale known one another? What would their relationship be like if Katniss had never volunteered to take her sister's place in the Hunger Games? How has the Hunger Games changed Katniss? How has it changed Katniss' relationship with Gale? How does Katniss feel about Gale now that they are living in District 13? How does Gale feel about Katniss?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)