|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
2. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
4. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Katniss react to the image of Peeta being beaten on the broadcast? How does Haymitch respond?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
3. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
4. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
5. In Chapter 10, who rescues Katniss' personal items from her District 13 quarters? What is among these possessions?
6. At the end of Chapter 11, Haymitch tells Katniss that a rescue party has been formed. For what purpose?
7. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss rush out of the safety bunker as they are beginning to close the doors?
8. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
9. Why has Katniss come to District 12 at the beginning of Chapter 1? What does she see?
10. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Snow and Coin both believe Katniss is dead? How do they both use this news to their advantage? How does Katniss use this news to her own advantage? Why does Katniss lead her squad into the underground? How are they found by the mutts? How does Katniss escape the mutts? Who does not? How do the mutts change Katniss's situation? What does she decide to do next? For what reason?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Katniss go when she is sent to the Capitol with the rest of the rebels? Why are they not sent into the city? What does Katniss realize her role will be in the taking of the Capitol and the death of Snow? Why does Coin send Peeta to join Katniss' squad? What does Katniss believe Coin's motivation is? For what reason? How does the leader of Katniss' group take steps to protect Katniss?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Katniss and Gale
2) Katniss and Peeta
3) Katniss and Snow
4) Katniss and Coin.
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)