|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a mockingjay?
2. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Katniss watches the new propos again with Finnick. What does Katniss see after the propos is over? Why does she lie about seeing it?
2. Who does Katniss find in the Victor's village house she once shared with her sister and mother? What is Katniss' relationship with this creature?
3. What did Katniss mean when she told the Capitol if 'we burn you burn with us'?
4. Who has designed the Mockingjay uniform Katniss is to wear for all the propos? What item does Katniss discover was also planned for in the uniform the she would not have thought of herself?
5. In Chapter 11, who is among the first group to inspect the damage done by the bombs in District 13? For what reason? What damage do they see?
6. In Chapter 10, what instructions does Plutarch give to Katniss? For what reason?
7. In Chapter 10, Katniss has a chance to speak with her sister for the first time in weeks. What does Katniss learn about her sister that both surprises her and makes her happy?
8. In Chapter 9, why does Katniss agree to return to District 12?
9. In Chapter 6, Haymitch asks the leaders in Coin's control center to offer opinions as to when Katniss was most likeable during the Hunger Games. What is the most clear answer and what impact will it have on the propos Katniss is supposed to make as the Mockingjay to inspire rebels to stand up against the Capitol?
10. In Chapter 7, what excuse is given for Katniss' disappearance after the Quarter Quell and sudden reappearance in District 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Katniss find her design team? In what condition are they in? For what reason? Who placed Katniss' team here? What was the purpose of doing this? What does Katniss do about the state of her design team? What warning should Katniss take from the torture and imprisonment of her design team? Does she?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Gale? How long have Katniss and Gale known one another? What would their relationship be like if Katniss had never volunteered to take her sister's place in the Hunger Games? How has the Hunger Games changed Katniss? How has it changed Katniss' relationship with Gale? How does Katniss feel about Gale now that they are living in District 13? How does Gale feel about Katniss?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Katniss want to go to the Capitol? What is her plan? Why does Coin deny her? What is Coin's motivation in keeping Katniss away from the Capitol? What does Katniss do to get to the Capitol? For what reason? Who works with her? For what reason? What motivates most of the survivors of the Hunger Games in this novel? How does this compare to the motivations of the other members of the rebellion?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)