|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(b) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
(c) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
(d) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Snow's control over Peeta.
(b) Her role as the mockingjay.
(c) Her life in general.
(d) Her childhood.
3. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(a) President Coin.
4. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A trident.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
(a) She has begun drinking too much.
(b) She is suffering from the effects of a brain tumor.
(c) She suffered a concussion when Johanna Mason hit her in the Hunger Games arena.
(d) She is on anti-psychotic drugs.
6. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
(a) He has few memories of his early life there.
(b) It would be too emotional.
(c) He does not want to spend that much time with Katniss.
(d) He has better things to do.
7. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Her mother and Coin.
(b) Haymitch and Prim.
(c) Gale and Prim.
(d) Plutarch and Fulvia.
8. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
9. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) A futuristic New York City.
(b) The fictional country of Panem.
(c) The fictional planet of Panem.
(d) A futuristic Chicago.
10. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
(b) Her mother.
11. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
(b) President Snow.
(d) Caesar Flickman.
12. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
(a) They moved underground to mine coal.
(b) They moved underground to escape mutts in the woods.
(c) They moved underground to hide from Capitol spies.
(d) They moved underground to survive after they were bombed after the Dark Days.
13. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(d) President Coin.
14. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(d) President Coin.
15. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
(a) Give someone else the honor of being the mockingjay.
(b) Make her wear a helmet or have the earpiece surgically implanted in her ear.
(c) Have her arrested.
(d) Put her into combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
2. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
3. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
4. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
5. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)