|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(b) District 12.
(c) Their compartment.
(d) The hospital.
2. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
(b) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(c) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
(d) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
3. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 2.
(b) Level 1.
(c) Level 5.
(d) Level 3.
4. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(b) The president of District 13.
(c) Plutarch's wife.
(d) The mayor of District 12.
5. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
6. In Chapter 1, what happened in District 12 as Katniss was rescued from the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) It suffered an earthquake.
(b) It was bombed.
(c) It was torched.
(d) It was hit by a tornado.
7. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
8. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
9. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
10. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
(a) The roses dropped during the bombing.
(b) The fear on Boggs' face while viewing the damage.
(c) The reality of the damage the war can do to ordinary people.
(d) The damage done by the bombing.
11. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
12. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
(a) Of when his brother was beaten for skipping school.
(b) Of when he was beaten for hunting.
(c) Of when he was imprisoned for stealing.
(d) Of when his father was hung for stealing.
13. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
(a) Nuclear missiles.
(b) GPS navigated missiles.
(c) Bunker missiles.
(d) Laser sighted missiles.
14. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) A futuristic New York City.
(b) The fictional country of Panem.
(c) The fictional planet of Panem.
(d) A futuristic Chicago.
15. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Her role as the mockingjay.
(b) Snow's control over Peeta.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her life in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
2. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
3. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
4. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
5. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)