|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who has Katniss been told is responsible for saving most of the survivors from District 12, including her mother and sister?
(b) The mayor.
(c) Greasy Sae.
2. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(b) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
4. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
(a) Haymitch and Plutarch.
(b) Boggs and Plutarch.
(c) Gale and Haymitch.
(d) Boggs and Gale.
5. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Wondering what it would take to break her.
(b) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
(c) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
(d) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
6. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
(a) Three levels.
(b) Ten levels.
(c) Twenty levels.
(d) Five levels.
7. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her cat.
(b) To get her family pictures.
(c) To get her father's death certificate.
(d) To get her medicine bag.
8. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
9. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
10. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
11. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(a) President Coin.
12. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Plutarch and Fulvia.
(b) Her mother and Coin.
(c) Gale and Prim.
(d) Haymitch and Prim.
13. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It appears poorly constructed.
(b) It looks decorative.
(c) It appears too small for her.
(d) It seems too large for her.
14. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
(a) He has better things to do.
(b) It would be too emotional.
(c) He has few memories of his early life there.
(d) He does not want to spend that much time with Katniss.
15. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
(b) To show her new weapons in development.
(c) To imprison her.
(d) To help her find her design team.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
2. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
3. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
4. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
5. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)