|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
2. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
(b) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(c) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(d) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
3. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
4. In Chapter 9, what causes a fight between Katniss and Gale?
(a) Gale's crush on Prim.
(b) Gale's jealousy of Finnick.
(c) Peeta's suggestion of a romantic relationship with Katniss.
(d) Peeta's interview on the television broadcast.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
(a) Put her into combat.
(b) Give someone else the honor of being the mockingjay.
(c) Have her arrested.
(d) Make her wear a helmet or have the earpiece surgically implanted in her ear.
6. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her father's death certificate.
(b) To get her cat.
(c) To get her family pictures.
(d) To get her medicine bag.
7. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
8. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(b) Someone born to wealth.
(c) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
(d) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
(a) Crazy Cat.
(b) Stupid Cat.
(c) Light Madness.
(d) Trick the Cat.
10. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A jay bird.
(c) A jabber jay.
(d) A mocking bird.
11. What genre is Mockingjay?
(d) Science fiction.
12. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Gale and Prim.
(b) Her mother and Coin.
(c) Plutarch and Fulvia.
(d) Haymitch and Prim.
13. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(d) President Coin.
14. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
(b) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(c) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
(d) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
15. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
2. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
3. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
4. In Chapter 10, what reason has District 13 had to assume the Capitol would not attempt to bomb their district?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)