|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mockingjay?
(a) A cross between a mocking bird and a jabber jay.
(b) A cross between a mocking bird and a jay bird.
(c) A cross between a jabber jay and a macaw.
(d) A cross between a mocking bird and a jaguar.
2. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(d) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Her role as the mockingjay.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her life in general.
(d) Snow's control over Peeta.
4. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
(c) Greasy Sae.
5. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) A futuristic Chicago.
(b) A futuristic New York City.
(c) The fictional country of Panem.
(d) The fictional planet of Panem.
6. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
(a) A private home.
(b) An office building.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A garage.
7. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 1.
(b) Level 5.
(c) Level 3.
(d) Level 2.
8. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(a) District 12.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Their compartment.
9. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
(d) President Coin.
10. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
11. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
12. In Chapter 9, why is it so important that the rebels gain control of District 3?
(a) It is the district that manufactures electronics.
(b) It is the wealthiest district.
(c) It is the main food supply for the districts.
(d) It is the district that manufactures weapons.
13. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
14. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
(b) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(c) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
(d) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
15. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
(a) He does not want to spend that much time with Katniss.
(b) He has few memories of his early life there.
(c) It would be too emotional.
(d) He has better things to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
2. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
3. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
5. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)