|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) A sitcom.
(b) An independent film.
(c) A propoganda film.
(d) A talk show.
3. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
4. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(b) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
(c) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(d) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
5. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(a) President Coin.
6. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
(a) Ten levels.
(b) Twenty levels.
(c) Three levels.
(d) Five levels.
7. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A rose.
(c) A marigold.
(d) A carnation.
8. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) A day.
9. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 3.
(b) Level 2.
(c) Level 5.
(d) Level 1.
10. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(a) President Coin.
11. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
(b) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
(c) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
(d) Wondering what it would take to break her.
12. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears poorly constructed.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears too small for her.
13. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A drug store.
(c) A butcher's shop.
(d) A bakery.
14. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
15. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
2. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
3. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)