|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(a) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
(a) She suffered a concussion when Johanna Mason hit her in the Hunger Games arena.
(b) She is suffering from the effects of a brain tumor.
(c) She is on anti-psychotic drugs.
(d) She has begun drinking too much.
3. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
(a) Laser sighted missiles.
(b) Bunker missiles.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) GPS navigated missiles.
4. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(a) President Coin.
5. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(d) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
6. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To care for the orphaned children.
(b) To wait with her girlfriends.
(c) To check on the elderly.
(d) To help at the first aid station.
7. In Chapter 9, why is it so important that the rebels gain control of District 3?
(a) It is the district that manufactures electronics.
(b) It is the wealthiest district.
(c) It is the main food supply for the districts.
(d) It is the district that manufactures weapons.
8. In Chapter 1, what happened in District 12 as Katniss was rescued from the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) It was hit by a tornado.
(b) It suffered an earthquake.
(c) It was bombed.
(d) It was torched.
9. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(b) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(c) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(d) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
10. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember befriending during the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
11. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
(a) A private home.
(b) An office building.
(c) A garage.
(d) A warehouse.
12. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) A talk show.
(b) An independent film.
(c) A sitcom.
(d) A propoganda film.
13. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
(b) Her mother.
14. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
15. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
(a) Jabber jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
2. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
3. In Chapter 10, why is Prim afraid to lay in the bunks with Buttercup?
4. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
5. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)