|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) A futuristic New York City.
(b) The fictional planet of Panem.
(c) The fictional country of Panem.
(d) A futuristic Chicago.
2. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
(a) He does not want to spend that much time with Katniss.
(b) He has few memories of his early life there.
(c) It would be too emotional.
(d) He has better things to do.
3. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(b) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
(c) Someone born to wealth.
(d) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
4. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To help her find her design team.
(b) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
(c) To imprison her.
(d) To show her new weapons in development.
5. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(a) Building debris.
(c) Fallen trees.
6. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(b) The mayor of District 12.
(c) The president of District 13.
(d) Plutarch's wife.
7. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
(b) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(c) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(d) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her life in general.
(c) Her role as the mockingjay.
(d) Snow's control over Peeta.
10. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) A day.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Five minutes.
11. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(d) President Coin.
12. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
(d) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
13. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
14. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
15. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
(a) The roses dropped during the bombing.
(b) The damage done by the bombing.
(c) The fear on Boggs' face while viewing the damage.
(d) The reality of the damage the war can do to ordinary people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
2. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
3. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
4. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
5. In Chapter 10, why is Prim afraid to lay in the bunks with Buttercup?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)