|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(a) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
(a) Give someone else the honor of being the mockingjay.
(b) Have her arrested.
(c) Put her into combat.
(d) Make her wear a helmet or have the earpiece surgically implanted in her ear.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss believe the game she plays with the cat is a metaphor of?
(a) Her role as the mockingjay.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Snow's control over Peeta.
(d) Her life in general.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(b) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(c) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
(d) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
5. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) A day.
6. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(b) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
(c) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(d) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
7. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
(a) Bunker missiles.
(b) Nuclear missiles.
(c) Laser sighted missiles.
(d) GPS navigated missiles.
8. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
(b) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(c) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
(d) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
9. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To show her new weapons in development.
(b) To imprison her.
(c) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
(d) To help her find her design team.
10. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
11. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(a) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
12. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
13. In Chapter 9, why is it so important that the rebels gain control of District 3?
(a) It is the district that manufactures weapons.
(b) It is the district that manufactures electronics.
(c) It is the wealthiest district.
(d) It is the main food supply for the districts.
14. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A private home.
(c) A garage.
(d) An office building.
15. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
2. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
3. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
4. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
5. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)