|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is where Gale's father died.
(b) It is where they first met.
(c) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
(d) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
2. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
(a) Of when he was imprisoned for stealing.
(b) Of when his brother was beaten for skipping school.
(c) Of when he was beaten for hunting.
(d) Of when his father was hung for stealing.
3. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
4. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A rose.
(b) A marigold.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A carnation.
5. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
6. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(a) Building debris.
(d) Fallen trees.
7. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
8. In Chapter 8, where does Katniss learn that Coin and her advisers want to send her next?
(a) Into combat.
(b) To the Capitol.
(c) Into confinement.
(d) To District 12.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
(b) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(c) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
(d) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
10. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) Snow sends her a letter confirming Peeta's status.
(b) She sees him on a Capitol television broadcast.
(c) Johanna tells her she saw Peeta in the Capitol.
(d) She gets a letter from him.
11. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(b) President Coin.
12. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
(a) She has begun drinking too much.
(b) She suffered a concussion when Johanna Mason hit her in the Hunger Games arena.
(c) She is on anti-psychotic drugs.
(d) She is suffering from the effects of a brain tumor.
13. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 1.
(b) Level 3.
(c) Level 2.
(d) Level 5.
14. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
(d) Her mother.
15. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
(a) District 1.
(b) District 10.
(c) District 2.
(d) District 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
2. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
3. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
4. In Chapter 11, why does Coin want Katniss, Finnick, Gale, and Boggs to go above ground and be filmed checking out the damage done by the Capitol bombs?
5. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)