|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A rose.
(d) A marigold.
2. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(d) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
(b) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(c) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
(d) To kill Katniss.
4. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) Plutarch's wife.
(b) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(c) The mayor of District 12.
(d) The president of District 13.
5. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) An independent film.
(b) A propoganda film.
(c) A talk show.
(d) A sitcom.
6. In Chapter 9, what causes a fight between Katniss and Gale?
(a) Peeta's suggestion of a romantic relationship with Katniss.
(b) Peeta's interview on the television broadcast.
(c) Gale's jealousy of Finnick.
(d) Gale's crush on Prim.
7. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
(b) Her mother.
8. In Chapter 7, who films the entire attack by the Capitol Peacekeepers?
9. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
(a) They moved underground to hide from Capitol spies.
(b) They moved underground to escape mutts in the woods.
(c) They moved underground to mine coal.
(d) They moved underground to survive after they were bombed after the Dark Days.
10. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
(a) Five levels.
(b) Three levels.
(c) Ten levels.
(d) Twenty levels.
11. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
12. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her father's death certificate.
(b) To get her family pictures.
(c) To get her cat.
(d) To get her medicine bag.
13. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
(a) The weapons warehouse.
(b) The airstrip.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The community food storage warehouse.
14. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(b) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(c) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(d) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
15. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember befriending during the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
2. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
5. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)