|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
(a) Jabber jay.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Their compartment.
(c) District 12.
3. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
(a) President Coin.
4. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 1.
(b) Level 3.
(c) Level 5.
(d) Level 2.
5. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(c) Fallen trees.
(d) Building debris.
6. Where is Mockingjay set?
(a) The fictional planet of Panem.
(b) The fictional country of Panem.
(c) A futuristic New York City.
(d) A futuristic Chicago.
7. In Chapter 10, why is Prim afraid to lay in the bunks with Buttercup?
(a) She is afraid of disturbing Buttercup.
(b) She is afraid of falling asleep when someone might need her medical assistance.
(c) She is afraid the entire bunker will collapse.
(d) She is afraid they will collapse.
8. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(d) Her father.
9. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(b) President Coin.
10. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
11. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears too small for her.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears poorly constructed.
12. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
(a) Haymitch and Plutarch.
(b) Boggs and Plutarch.
(c) Boggs and Gale.
(d) Gale and Haymitch.
13. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To check on the elderly.
(b) To wait with her girlfriends.
(c) To help at the first aid station.
(d) To care for the orphaned children.
14. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) The mayor of District 12.
(b) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(c) Plutarch's wife.
(d) The president of District 13.
15. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) A day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
2. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
3. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
4. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)