|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(b) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
(c) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
(d) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
2. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A trident.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A gun.
3. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The community food storage warehouse.
(c) The weapons warehouse.
(d) The airstrip.
4. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
(b) To help her find her design team.
(c) To show her new weapons in development.
(d) To imprison her.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
(a) The cockroaches.
(b) The spiders.
(c) The arachnids.
(d) The insects.
6. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
(b) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
(c) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(d) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
7. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
(a) Three levels.
(b) Ten levels.
(c) Twenty levels.
(d) Five levels.
8. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
(a) Boggs and Gale.
(b) Haymitch and Plutarch.
(c) Gale and Haymitch.
(d) Boggs and Plutarch.
9. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(a) Building debris.
(d) Fallen trees.
10. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is where they first met.
(b) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
(c) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(d) It is where Gale's father died.
11. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
(b) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
(c) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(d) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
12. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(a) President Coin.
13. In Chapter 9, what does the remnants of the gallows remind Gale of in District 12?
(a) Of when he was imprisoned for stealing.
(b) Of when he was beaten for hunting.
(c) Of when his father was hung for stealing.
(d) Of when his brother was beaten for skipping school.
14. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 1.
(b) Level 3.
(c) Level 5.
(d) Level 2.
15. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
2. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
3. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
4. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
5. In Chapter 8, who interviews Peeta in a Capitol followup of Katniss' propo?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)