|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
(b) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
(c) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(d) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
2. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
(b) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(c) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(d) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
3. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
(a) A jabber jay.
(b) A mockingjay.
(c) A mocking bird.
(d) A jay bird.
4. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her cat.
(b) To get her medicine bag.
(c) To get her father's death certificate.
(d) To get her family pictures.
6. In Chapter 4, who is the only person Katniss trusts to care for her injured friends?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dr. Abernathy.
7. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The weapons warehouse.
(c) The community food storage warehouse.
(d) The airstrip.
8. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
(a) The spiders.
(b) The arachnids.
(c) The insects.
(d) The cockroaches.
9. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is where they first met.
(b) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(c) It is where Gale's father died.
(d) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
10. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
(b) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
(c) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(d) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
11. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
12. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
13. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(b) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
(c) To kill Katniss.
(d) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
14. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
(a) A gun with a laser sight.
(b) A knife with a propulsion system.
(c) A bow that responds to her voice.
(d) A set of arrows with GPS.
15. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
(a) Greasy Sae.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
2. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
3. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
4. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
5. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)