|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) Snow sends her a letter confirming Peeta's status.
(b) Johanna tells her she saw Peeta in the Capitol.
(c) She gets a letter from him.
(d) She sees him on a Capitol television broadcast.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To help at the first aid station.
(b) To wait with her girlfriends.
(c) To check on the elderly.
(d) To care for the orphaned children.
3. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss assume her mother and Prim are when the evacuation to the bunker begins?
(b) The hospital.
(c) Their compartment.
(d) District 12.
4. In Chapter 7, what appears to have been the Capitol Peacekeeper's main target in the bombing of District 8?
(a) The weapons warehouse.
(b) The airstrip.
(c) The community food storage warehouse.
(d) The hospital.
5. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
6. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
7. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(d) President Coin.
8. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
9. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(b) It is where they first met.
(c) It is where Gale's father died.
(d) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
10. In Chapter 1, what litters the road from District 12's village to the Victor's village?
(b) Fallen trees.
(d) Building debris.
11. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
(b) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
(c) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(d) They make too easy a target.
12. In Chapter 3, when Katniss is shown the plans for the mockingjay costume, who does she learn drew them?
13. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Her mother and Coin.
(b) Haymitch and Prim.
(c) Gale and Prim.
(d) Plutarch and Fulvia.
14. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
15. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
(a) It is handed out at breakfast by the Peacekeepers.
(b) It is given to them by their dorm mothers.
(c) It is tattooed onto their right arms.
(d) It is provided on a white board in every hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
2. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
3. What is a mockingjay?
4. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
5. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)