|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
2. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A gun.
(c) A trident.
(d) A sickle.
3. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three hours.
4. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
(a) The strategy the rebels plan to take against the Capitol.
(b) Immunity for the surviving tributes of the Quarter Quell.
(c) Katniss' decision to be a military leader in the rebellion.
(d) Katniss' role as assassin of Snow.
5. In Chapter 10, who tells Katniss that President Snow will more than likely not kill Peeta?
(c) Her mother.
6. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
(a) A garage.
(b) A private home.
(c) An office building.
(d) A warehouse.
7. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) Snow sends her a letter confirming Peeta's status.
(b) She gets a letter from him.
(c) Johanna tells her she saw Peeta in the Capitol.
(d) She sees him on a Capitol television broadcast.
8. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember befriending during the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
9. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(b) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(c) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
(d) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
10. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
(a) It is handed out at breakfast by the Peacekeepers.
(b) It is tattooed onto their right arms.
(c) It is given to them by their dorm mothers.
(d) It is provided on a white board in every hallway.
11. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
12. In Chapter 8, what does Fulvia suggest they do for the next round of propos?
(a) Propos talking about Katniss' childhood in District 12.
(b) Propos talking about Katniss' relationship with Peeta.
(c) Propos talking about the abuses of Snow.
(d) Propos talking about the dead tributes.
13. In Chapter 2, why is District 13 mostly an underground community?
(a) They moved underground to hide from Capitol spies.
(b) They moved underground to survive after they were bombed after the Dark Days.
(c) They moved underground to escape mutts in the woods.
(d) They moved underground to mine coal.
14. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(c) President Coin.
15. In Chapter 7, who has been assigned to act as Katniss' bodyguards while she is in District 8?
(a) Boggs and Plutarch.
(b) Gale and Haymitch.
(c) Boggs and Gale.
(d) Haymitch and Plutarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
2. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
3. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
4. In Chapter 4, who is one of the cooks in District 13?
5. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)