|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss travel to District 8?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Katniss defy rebel leaders' orders?
(a) She removes her earpiece and participates in the defense of District 8.
(b) She causes Boggs to be injured by pushing him in front of a Peacekeeper.
(c) She draws attention to herself by standing on a rooftop and screaming.
(d) She orders the hovercraft to pick her up despite the danger.
3. What is a mockingjay?
(a) A cross between a mocking bird and a jay bird.
(b) A cross between a mocking bird and a jabber jay.
(c) A cross between a mocking bird and a jaguar.
(d) A cross between a jabber jay and a macaw.
4. In Chapter 11, why does Finnick say he never told Annie anything about what Snow was forcing him to do as victor of the Hunger Games?
(a) To protect her from unnecessary information.
(b) Because he was afraid she would do something rash.
(c) Because he did not think she would understand.
(d) To protect her from the Capitol.
5. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(b) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
(c) Someone born to wealth.
(d) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
6. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(d) President Coin.
7. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
8. In Chapter 8, who comes into Katniss' hospital room to watch the latest propo with her?
9. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember befriending during the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
10. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
(a) A set of arrows with GPS.
(b) A bow that responds to her voice.
(c) A knife with a propulsion system.
(d) A gun with a laser sight.
11. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
(b) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
(c) Wondering what it would take to break her.
(d) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
12. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
(a) A drug store.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A butcher's shop.
13. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(a) President Coin.
14. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(c) Her father.
15. In Chapter 10, where does Katniss' mother go during the missile raid?
(a) To help at the first aid station.
(b) To wait with her girlfriends.
(c) To check on the elderly.
(d) To care for the orphaned children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what excuse does Haymitch give for not going along to District 12 to film a propo?
2. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
4. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
5. In Chapter 4, what announcement does Coin make at an assembly at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)