|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who is the first to take Peeta's warning at face value?
(d) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 10, who is one of the first to be taken to the deep bunker where District 13 residents will hide from a possible Capitol bombing?
(b) President Coin.
3. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
4. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 5.
(b) Level 3.
(c) Level 1.
(d) Level 2.
5. In Chapter 10, who does Katniss realize she has not spend much time speaking to in the past few weeks?
(a) Her mother.
6. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) Plutarch's wife.
(b) Haymitch's girlfriend.
(c) The president of District 13.
(d) The mayor of District 12.
7. In Chapter 9, what is the significance of the lake where Katniss and Gale take the film crew?
(a) It is where Gale's father died.
(b) It is where they first met.
(c) It is a place where Katniss's father once took her.
(d) It is where they got the food that helped their families survive before the Hunger Games.
8. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
(a) Trick the Cat.
(b) Stupid Cat.
(c) Crazy Cat.
(d) Light Madness.
9. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
(a) To reveal how dangerous it is to cross Coin.
(b) To imprison her.
(c) To help her find her design team.
(d) To show her new weapons in development.
10. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
(a) Laser sighted missiles.
(b) Bunker missiles.
(c) Nuclear missiles.
(d) GPS navigated missiles.
11. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
(b) Finnick's nightmares.
(d) Her mother's fear.
12. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A butcher's shop.
(c) A drug store.
(d) A shoe store.
13. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
(d) Jabber jay.
14. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(b) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
15. In Chapter 8, who comes to check on Katniss after Peeta's interview airs on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Haymitch and Prim.
(b) Her mother and Coin.
(c) Gale and Prim.
(d) Plutarch and Fulvia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
2. In Chapter 11, what luxury is provided to the leadership of District 13 in the aftermath of the Capitol bombing?
3. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
4. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)