|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who doubts Peeta's warning at first due to his multiple requests that the rebels surrender?
(d) President Coin.
2. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
(a) Jabber jay.
3. In Chapter 9, who accuses Katniss of failing to follow her prescribed schedule?
(a) President Coin.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
(a) The spiders.
(b) The cockroaches.
(c) The arachnids.
(d) The insects.
5. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Authorial voice.
(d) Third person.
6. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears too small for her.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears poorly constructed.
7. In Chapter 6, what district does Katniss learn supplies a great many of the people who become Peacekeepers for the Capitol?
(a) District 8.
(b) District 1.
(c) District 2.
(d) District 10.
8. In Chapter 11, who else does Katniss learn the rescue team will attempt to rescue with Peeta?
9. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her mother's.
10. In Chapter 10, why does Katniss suspect her sister went to their quarters instead of the safety bunker?
(a) To get her father's death certificate.
(b) To get her cat.
(c) To get her family pictures.
(d) To get her medicine bag.
11. In Chapter 10, what type of bomb does Prim tell Katniss the Capitol most likely used against District 13?
(a) Laser sighted missiles.
(b) GPS navigated missiles.
(c) Bunker missiles.
(d) Nuclear missiles.
12. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
13. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
(a) It is tattooed onto their right arms.
(b) It is given to them by their dorm mothers.
(c) It is handed out at breakfast by the Peacekeepers.
(d) It is provided on a white board in every hallway.
14. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
15. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where did Peeta make his home prior to the seventy-fourth Hunger Games?
2. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
3. In Chapter 11, how deeply does Boggs tell Gale the bomb that created the first crater they see impacted the compound?
4. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
5. In Chapter 1, who has Katniss been told is responsible for saving most of the survivors from District 12, including her mother and sister?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)