|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what symbolic image did Beetee add to the propos featuring Katniss in District 8?
2. In Chapter 10, who once told Katniss that the Capitol could no longer hurt her because there was no one she loved left?
3. In Chapter 11, how does Katniss spend a great deal of her time waiting to be released from the underground bunker?
(a) Wondering how her sister became so mature.
(b) Trying to figure out how to better protect her mother and sister.
(c) Wondering what it would take to break her.
(d) Helping her mother care for the sick and injured.
4. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
(a) It is provided on a white board in every hallway.
(b) It is given to them by their dorm mothers.
(c) It is handed out at breakfast by the Peacekeepers.
(d) It is tattooed onto their right arms.
5. In Chapter 1, why is Katniss having difficulty understanding reality from fantasy?
(a) She is suffering from the effects of a brain tumor.
(b) She has begun drinking too much.
(c) She is on anti-psychotic drugs.
(d) She suffered a concussion when Johanna Mason hit her in the Hunger Games arena.
6. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears too small for her.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears poorly constructed.
7. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(d) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
8. In Chapter 5, who has become the weapons expert in District 13?
9. In Chapter 10, who did Snow kill in the past that Katniss truly loved?
(a) Her father.
10. In Chapter 6, who defends District 13's decision to remain in hiding during the last seventy-five years since the Dark Days?
11. In Chapter 11, how much time does Bogg say Peeta's warning gave the leadership of District 13?
(a) A day.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
12. In Chapter 10, who brings Prim into the bunker?
13. In Chapter 11, who does Katniss turn to when she wants to grieve for Peeta?
(a) Her mother, because she is always Katniss' rock of support.
(b) Prim, because she is the reason Katniss came to know Peeta.
(c) Haymitch, because he loves Peeta too.
(d) Gale, because he is her oldest friend.
14. In Chapter 6, what type of weapon is Finnick known for using in the Hunger Games?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A trident.
(d) A gun.
15. In Chapter 10, what does President call the drill that will move all the residents of District 13 to a safe location should they be bombed?
(a) Level 2.
(b) Level 5.
(c) Level 3.
(d) Level 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Plutarch takes Katniss to the thirtieth level of District 13 for what purpose?
2. In Chapter 6, who does Katniss remember carrying during the Quarter Quell competition?
3. In Chapter 1, who has Katniss been told is responsible for saving most of the survivors from District 12, including her mother and sister?
4. In Chapter 11. who once told Katniss that the Capitol would use Peeta against her?
5. In Chapter 11, why does Coin want Katniss, Finnick, Gale, and Boggs to go above ground and be filmed checking out the damage done by the Capitol bombs?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)