|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Haymitch threaten to do if Katniss ever removes her earpiece again?
(a) Have her arrested.
(b) Make her wear a helmet or have the earpiece surgically implanted in her ear.
(c) Give someone else the honor of being the mockingjay.
(d) Put her into combat.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Katniss tell Peeta about his past?
(a) He was writer.
(b) He was an painter.
(c) He was a gourmet cook.
(d) He was a brilliant chemist.
3. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) Snow sends her a letter confirming Peeta's status.
(b) Johanna tells her she saw Peeta in the Capitol.
(c) She gets a letter from him.
(d) She sees him on a Capitol television broadcast.
4. In Chapter 13, what word does Katniss use to describe Peeta's mental condition after his return from the Capitol?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Katniss learn caused Johanna to fail her final test to join the rebel military?
(a) Bombs; she is afraid of their noise.
(b) Water; she was tortured with water in the Capitol.
(c) Peacekeepers; she is too traumatized of them from her captivity in the Capitol.
(d) Bows and arrows; she never learned to shoot them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what happens to a group of Peacekeepers who come after Katniss and her squad?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Katniss call the cameramen who follow her around to make the propos?
4. In Chapter 11, how long are the residents of District 13 forced to remain in their bunker before it is deemed safe to return to the higher levels of the compound?
5. In Chapter 13, what do Haymitch and Plutarch think the point was of distorting Peeta's memories of Katniss with tracker jacker venom?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)