|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mockingjay?
(a) A cross between a jabber jay and a macaw.
(b) A cross between a mocking bird and a jaguar.
(c) A cross between a mocking bird and a jabber jay.
(d) A cross between a mocking bird and a jay bird.
2. What is an Avox?
(a) Someone who has had their tongue removed as punishment.
(b) Someone with a birth defect similar to Down's Syndrome.
(c) Someone born to wealth.
(d) Someone who has had their eyes removed as punishment.
3. In Chapter 9, what persists in disturbing Katniss' sleep after seeing Peeta on the Capitol television broadcast?
(a) Finnick's nightmares.
(c) Her mother's fear.
4. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
(a) A propoganda film.
(b) A talk show.
(c) An independent film.
(d) A sitcom.
5. In Chapter 7, why does Haymitch warn Katniss not to be spotted by the Capitol hovercraft?
(a) She might endanger the rebels with her.
(b) The Capitol is unaware that she is alive and well.
(c) She might cause innocent bystanders to be injured.
(d) The Capitol Peacekeepers might try to kidnap her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is Mockingjay written in?
2. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
3. Where is Mockingjay set?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
5. In Chapter 6, what are the names of the pills Plutarch gives to Katniss before she leaves to make an appearance in District 8?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)