|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Katniss feel the need to defend the effectiveness of her bow?
(a) It looks decorative.
(b) It appears poorly constructed.
(c) It seems too large for her.
(d) It appears too small for her.
2. In Chapter 18, what is the biggest part of Katniss' test to determine her eligibility to join the rebel military?
(a) To see if she can kill Peacekeepers.
(b) To see if she is capable of using multiple types of weapons.
(c) To see if she can follow orders.
(d) To see if she can kill Snow.
3. In Chapter 11, what reason does Haymitch give Katniss for the sudden decision to attempt to rescue Peeta?
(a) To punish Snow for his attack on District 13.
(b) They need Katniss to perform and she cannot as long as Snow has Peeta.
(c) To finally finish what was started during the Quarter Quell.
(d) To reward him for warning them of the Capitol attack.
4. In Chapter 3, what activity does Katniss ask permission for she and Gale to take part in?
5. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They make too easy a target.
(b) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
(c) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(d) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what special weapon has been designed for Katniss?
2. In Chapter 3, with whom does Katniss discuss her decision to become the mockingjay, the symbol of the rebellion?
3. In Chapter 5, whose voice is Katniss surprised to hear after the filming of the propos?
4. In Chapter 2, how do the citizens of District 13 get their schedules each day?
5. In Chapter 5, what is a propos?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)