|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, in what type of building is the makeshift hospital Katniss' visits in District 8?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A private home.
(c) An office building.
(d) A garage.
2. In Chapter 8, how did Boggs break his nose?
(a) Plutarch tripped him.
(b) Katniss punched him.
(c) He ran into a door.
(d) Gale kicked him in the face as he climbed the latter to the roof.
3. In Chapter 12, when does Katniss admit was the first time she ever spoke to Peeta?
(a) On the train to the first Hunger Games they appeared in together.
(b) The day her father died.
(c) When they were class king and queen together in high school.
(d) When he saved her from starvation after her father's death.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Katniss learn that Peeta is still alive after being taken hostage by the Capitol out of the Quarter Quell arena?
(a) She gets a letter from him.
(b) Snow sends her a letter confirming Peeta's status.
(c) Johanna tells her she saw Peeta in the Capitol.
(d) She sees him on a Capitol television broadcast.
5. In Chapter 13, what do Haymitch and Plutarch think the point was of distorting Peeta's memories of Katniss with tracker jacker venom?
(a) To take away Peeta's last happiness.
(b) To take away Katniss' final hope of happiness.
(c) To turn him into her assassin.
(d) To force Katniss to choose Gale over Peeta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what word does Katniss use to describe Peeta's mental condition after his return from the Capitol?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Katniss learn caused Johanna to fail her final test to join the rebel military?
3. In Chapter 11, what causes Katniss to finally fully comprehend Snow's control over her while he holds Peeta?
4. In Chapter 9, who taught Katniss the song she sings to the film crew?
5. In Chapter 9, what type of bird does Katniss sing to while filming in District 12?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)