|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 12-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does the blocking of the entrances to the Nut remind Katniss of?
(a) Her days in the Hunger Games.
(b) Her fear of close spaces.
(c) Her childhood nightmares.
(d) The cave-in that led to her father's death in the coal mines.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Katniss dub the game she plays with the cat to pass the time?
(a) Light Madness.
(b) Stupid Cat.
(c) Trick the Cat.
(d) Crazy Cat.
3. In Chapter 2, who is Coin?
(a) The mayor of District 12.
(b) Plutarch's wife.
(c) The president of District 13.
(d) Haymitch's girlfriend.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Katniss learn Snow told the people of Panem was his reason for bombing District 8?
(a) To end the suffering of the District 8 wounded.
(b) To teach the rebels a lesson.
(c) To kill Katniss.
(d) To stop District 8 from building weapons.
5. In Chapter 7, what objection does Gale make to gathering the wounded all in one place?
(a) They make too easy a target.
(b) They might frighten one another with their reactions to their individual pain.
(c) They are taking up space that could be used for something else.
(d) They might infect one another with undiagnosed illnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Finnick agree to talk about Snow in front of the cameras?
2. In Chapter 13, what do Haymitch and Plutarch think the point was of distorting Peeta's memories of Katniss with tracker jacker venom?
3. In Chapter 1, what symbolic item does Katniss find in her bedroom in the house at the Victor's village?
4. In Chapter 11, who was the first to volunteer for the rescue mission?
5. In Chapter 18, why does Plutarch tell Katniss that Peeta has begun joining the training workouts?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)