Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Starbuck is talking, what is Ahab thinking?
2. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
3. What is the name of the ship the Pequod meets in Chapter 100?
4. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
5. Which of the following does a shark not use its tail for?
Melville gives some of his main characters Biblical names, including Ishmael. Pick one of the following Biblical and examine what meaning the name gives to their character and the story in general.
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on a character from MOBY DICK you would like to meet. Give specific examples of the behavior of that character and explain why he or she would be someone you would like to know.
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on the character of Pip. Describe his position on the Pequod. Detail the reason for his jumping twice out of the whaling boat. Explain how fear left him insane. Finally, explain his usefulness to the plot of MOBY DICK.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)