Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Starbuck is talking, what is Ahab thinking?
2. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
3. What is the name of the ship the Pequod meets in Chapter 100?
4. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
5. Which of the following does a shark not use its tail for?
Compare Ishmael to the person he was when he first set sail to the person he is when he is at the end of the book.
1) What did Ishmael hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Ishmael ideas about himself and life in general?
3) How is Ishmael different at the end to the person he was at the beginning of the book?
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his goals and motives. Does he achieve his motive? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Write an essay of at least two typed, double-spaced pages on Ishmael as the narrator of MOBY DICK. Explain what makes Ishmael a good choice as narrator in terms of his education and background. Why does Ishmael relate better to the general reader than Starbuck or Flask might have? Why is it necessary to the story that Ishmael survive the destruction of the Pequod?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)