|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the carpenter make Ahab's new leg from?
(a) The broken hull of a whaling boat
(b) A spear
(c) A harpoon
2. What kind of calendar does Stubb use to study the gold coin?
(a) A Japanese calendar
(b) A Russian calendar
(c) A Chinese calendar
(d) A Massachusetts calendar
3. What does Moby Dick do to Ahab's boat?
(a) Stares at it
(b) Swallows it
(c) Breaks it in half
(d) Throws it high in the air
4. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
5. What happens to the mast of the Pequod during a typhoon?
(a) it breaks in two.
(b) it catches on fire.
(c) it loses all its sails.
(d) it glows in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of whale does the crew want to kill in this chapter?
2. What do passing sailors say about the white whale?
3. What does the carpenter turn Queequeg's coffin into?
4. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
5. What do Queequeg and Ishmael's boat capture in this section?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)