|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moby Dick do to Ahab's boat?
(a) Swallows it
(b) Stares at it
(c) Breaks it in half
(d) Throws it high in the air
2. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
(a) he has lost all his clothes.
(b) he has lost the ability to speak.
(c) he has gone insane.
(d) his skin and hair has turned white.
3. To what complaint does Ahab admit?
(a) the fear of losing both legs.
(b) phantom pain from his missing leg.
(c) never being able to sleep.
(d) mental instability at times.
4. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(a) an iron harpoon.
5. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
(b) the number of cigars it will buy.
(c) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(d) the way it shines in the sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is introduced in this section?
2. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
3. What does Ahab do while he looks out to the sea?
4. What word best describes the mood aboard the Pequod in this section?
5. What does Fedallah dream about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)