|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Starbuck is talking, what is Ahab thinking?
(a) why Starbuck talks so much.
(b) what his family is doing back home.
(c) where they will find Moby Dick.
(d) why he must kill Moby Dick.
2. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales have more solid bones.
(b) the reason has to do with size.
(c) some whales take in more air.
(d) the reason is unknown.
3. What is the name of the ship the Pequod meets in Chapter 100?
(a) The Soldier
(b) Samuel Enderby
(c) The Virgin
(d) The Regal
4. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(b) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
(c) the number of cigars it will buy.
(d) the way it shines in the sunlight.
5. Which of the following does a shark not use its tail for?
(a) A sweeper
(b) A mace
(c) A way to comunicate
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the change in Stubb?
2. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
3. Who is Ahab's harpoon specifically meant to kill?
4. Ironically, what is hanging from the taffrail of the Pequod?
5. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)