|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of the captain's family was aboard the boat?
(a) His brother
(b) His cousin
(c) His son
(d) His mother in law
2. Who stays with the whale through the night?
3. Which two characters lance the Right Whale?
(a) Ishmael and Queequeg
(b) Flask and Queequeg
(c) Ahab and Starbuck
(d) Stubb and Flask
4. Who does Fedallah tell his dream to?
5. What is the crew of The Delight about to do as the Pequod comes alongside?
(a) lower the sails.
(b) man the whale boats.
(c) repair the masts.
(d) bury one of their men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the watch on the mast of The Rachel know that Moby Dick had probably been harpooned.
2. What is the mood on the Pequod?
3. Who does Ahab talk to about his work in this section?
4. What is the ship's carpenter assigned to do?
5. What is the news from The Rachel as it nears the Pequod?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)