|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) the reason is unknown.
(b) the reason has to do with size.
(c) some whales take in more air.
(d) some whales have more solid bones.
2. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
(a) a ceremony of initiation of new sailors.
(b) a ceremony performed for good luck.
(c) a ceremony performed to attract whales.
(d) a ceremony performed for Neptune.
3. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) an ocean whirlpool.
(b) a giant squid.
(c) Japanese gun boats.
(d) Malay pirates.
4. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die of fright.
(b) he will die of old age.
(c) he will die on land.
(d) he will die before Ahab.
5. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by not thinking about it.
(b) with his sense of humor.
(c) with a great deal of tension.
(d) by writing in a diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
2. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
3. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
4. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)