|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fedallah say is the advantage of having the Right Whale on the other side of the ship?
(a) to draw the sharks away from the sperm whale.
(b) to appease the sea gods.
(c) to attract other whales to the area.
(d) to keep the ship from capsizing.
2. When the whale is harpooned, what action do the harpooner and the chief mate take?
(a) they join the rowers.
(b) they manhandle the harpoon line.
(c) they switch from harpoons to lances.
(d) they switch places from front to back.
3. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have dinner with him.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to give him medical supplies.
(d) to get news of Moby Dick.
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the octavo whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the sperm whale.
5. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(b) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(c) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(d) to a painting of the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
2. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
3. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
4. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)