|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(b) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(c) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(d) carve his name on the whale's back.
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(b) he takes the watch for more whales.
(c) he descends to hold it secure.
(d) he carves the teeth from the whale.
3. What does Ahab do in an excited state after visiting the Samuel Enderby?
(a) dances a jig on the Pequod.
(b) passes out rum to the crew.
(c) twists and damages his ivory peg leg.
(d) goes to his cabin to sulk.
4. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a caddy for ginger water.
(b) a barrel of lemonade.
(c) a teapot.
(d) a still for making rum.
5. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
(a) the captain.
(b) the oarsman.
(c) the harpooner.
(d) the first mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
2. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
3. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. What does Ishmael conclude about whales' olfactory and vocal systems?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)