|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ahab become more irritated as the Pequod sails in the Pacific Ocean?
(a) he begins having strange dreams about Moby Dick.
(b) he believes the crew are not watchful enough.
(c) he knows Moby Dick is swimming in the same ocean.
(d) he thinks Moby Dick has returned to the Indian ocean.
2. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
(a) it capsizes and all are thrown into the water.
(b) it gets stuck on the back of a whale.
(c) the whale they harpoon takes a bite out of the boat.
(d) the boat takes on water and sinks.
3. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
(a) whether captains know enough about whales.
(b) whether the captain should go on the boats.
(c) whether the captain should take the helm.
(d) whether captains should be harpooners.
4. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they meet another whaling ship.
(b) they see a huge pod of whales.
(c) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
(d) they are chased by pirates.
5. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) crawls under the bed.
(b) turns around three times.
(c) jumps up on top of the bed.
(d) sits on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say the head of a sperm whale resembles?
2. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
3. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
4. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
5. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)