|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael believe about the survival of whales as a species?
(a) that they will be killed off.
(b) that they will overpopulate the oceans and seas.
(c) that they will never become extinct.
(d) that they will evolve into smaller creatures.
2. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
(a) carve animals.
(b) make stays for corsets.
(c) make ivory prostheses for men like Ahab.
(d) throw them overboard.
3. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
(a) because he does not believe the Biblical account.
(b) because it explains a lot about whales.
(c) because he remembers sermons about Jonah.
(d) because some crewmen doubt the story.
4. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
(b) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
(c) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(d) he tells the story of the Bounty.
5. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
(a) because he angered Captain ahab.
(b) because he was sleeping in the boat.
(c) because he begs to go along.
(d) because one of the crew is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
3. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)