|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) standing on the deck.
(d) in his cabin.
2. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) bank clerk.
(b) merchant marine.
(d) newspaper reporter.
3. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
4. How does Ishmael classify the oiling of the bottom of a boat?
(a) a ceremony performed for good luck.
(b) a ceremony of initiation of new sailors.
(c) a ceremony performed for Neptune.
(d) a ceremony performed to attract whales.
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they ask too many questions.
(b) they analyze too much.
(c) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(d) they become easily bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what complaint does Ahab admit?
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
3. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
4. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)