|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
(a) they are flogged.
(b) they walk the plank.
(c) they receive pardons.
(d) they are hanged.
2. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
(b) scrapes from coral reefs.
(c) contacts with ships.
(d) contacts with other whales.
3. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
4. How does Ishmael describe the whales he sees in the ocean?
(a) like huge rocks in the water.
(b) like big lumps of gray.
(c) like big gray buses.
(d) like ships without sails.
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) estimating its weight.
(b) hauling it back to the ship.
(c) removing its skin.
(d) cutting off its head and tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
2. What do passing sailors say about the white whale?
3. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
4. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
5. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)