|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
(a) his minute education and inability to reason.
(b) his custom of arguing with everyone.
(c) his personal experience inside a whale.
(d) his listening to too many doubters.
2. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) Japanese gun boats.
(b) a giant squid.
(c) an ocean whirlpool.
(d) Malay pirates.
3. When Tashtego accidentally falls into the oil-filled head of the whale, who rescues him?
4. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(b) an iron harpoon.
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a savage from the islands.
(b) a defrocked priest.
(c) another man named Starbuck.
(d) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
2. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
3. What does Ishmael say the head of a sperm whale resembles?
4. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
5. What makes Ahab return quickly to the Pequod from the Samuel Enderby?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)