|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) keeping the ropes from breaking.
(b) balancing the ship.
(c) keeping the sharks away.
(d) changing the direction of the ship.
2. What does Ishmael say the head of the sperm whale contains?
(a) the largest and the most pure quantity of sperm whale oil.
(b) soft tissue that contains no oil.
(c) hard bone used as a battering ram.
(d) a gigantic brain.
3. How does Ahab react to the intrusion by Starbuck?
(a) he becomes concerned about the loss of oil.
(b) he raises a pistol as though to shoot Starbuck.
(c) he flies into a rage and threatens the carpenter.
(d) he does not understand what Starbuck tells him.
4. What does Ahab do in an excited state after visiting the Samuel Enderby?
(a) passes out rum to the crew.
(b) twists and damages his ivory peg leg.
(c) goes to his cabin to sulk.
(d) dances a jig on the Pequod.
5. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(a) an iron harpoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
2. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
3. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
4. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
5. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)