|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
(a) the gastric juices of the whale would have killed Jonah.
(b) the throat of the whale could not swallow a man.
(c) the whale would bite and not swallow whole.
(d) there is no oxygen inside a whale's stomach.
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) with his sense of humor.
(c) by not thinking about it.
(d) with a great deal of tension.
3. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
(a) he jumps into the ocean.
(b) he hits the whale with his oar.
(c) he starts to cry.
(d) he hides in the bottom of the boat.
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the albino whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Sycamore.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Elm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
2. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
3. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
4. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
5. What does Ahab question the men about?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)