|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(d) giving the owners shrunken heads.
3. What happens to the mast of the Pequod during a typhoon?
(a) it loses all its sails.
(b) it breaks in two.
(c) it glows in the dark.
(d) it catches on fire.
4. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(b) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(c) Ahab throws it overboard.
(d) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
5. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
2. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
3. Besides the whales in the oceans, what else does Ishmael include in his discussion?
4. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)