|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
(a) carve animals.
(b) make stays for corsets.
(c) throw them overboard.
(d) make ivory prostheses for men like Ahab.
2. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) another man named Starbuck.
(b) a savage from the islands.
(c) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(d) a defrocked priest.
3. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(b) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
(c) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(d) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
4. Why does the crew on the ship see Stubb's and Flask's boats coming fast toward them?
(a) they are being chased by pirates.
(b) they are being pulled by a harpooned whale.
(c) they are caught in a rip tide.
(d) they are running from Moby Dick.
5. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
(a) whether captains know enough about whales.
(b) whether captains should be harpooners.
(c) whether the captain should go on the boats.
(d) whether the captain should take the helm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
4. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
5. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)