|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(b) merchant marine.
(c) bank clerk.
(d) newspaper reporter.
2. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the door post.
(b) the anchor.
(c) the cowboy.
(d) the monkey.
3. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(b) Ahab throws it overboard.
(c) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(d) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
4. To what complaint does Ahab admit?
(a) never being able to sleep.
(b) phantom pain from his missing leg.
(c) the fear of losing both legs.
(d) mental instability at times.
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) the creation of sea creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ahab return quickly to the Pequod from the Samuel Enderby?
2. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
3. What further detailed information does Ishmael record about the whale?
4. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)