|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
(a) his personal experience inside a whale.
(b) his custom of arguing with everyone.
(c) his listening to too many doubters.
(d) his minute education and inability to reason.
2. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
3. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) newspaper reporter.
(b) bank clerk.
(d) merchant marine.
4. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Elm.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Maple.
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) estimating its weight.
(b) hauling it back to the ship.
(c) cutting off its head and tail.
(d) removing its skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
2. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
3. What does Starbuck contemplate when he finds Ahab asleep?
4. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
5. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)