|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) jumps up on top of the bed.
(b) sits on the floor.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) crawls under the bed.
2. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
(a) timbers from a whaling boat.
(b) a harpoon and cord and a stone lance.
(c) the remains of a man.
(d) an unborn whale.
3. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(b) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(c) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(d) to a painting of the moon.
4. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(b) a savage from the islands.
(c) a defrocked priest.
(d) another man named Starbuck.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they are ghosts and not real men.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ahab return quickly to the Pequod from the Samuel Enderby?
2. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
3. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
4. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)