|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael recount about the Samuel Enderby that occurs many years later?
(a) he meets a sailor who remembers Captain Ahab.
(b) he learns how the Samuel Enderby ran aground.
(c) he hears that Moby Dick sank the ship.
(d) he has a fine social evening on board the ship.
2. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a taxi.
(b) in a wheelbarrow.
(c) on their backs.
(d) on a hay cart.
3. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who kills for sport.
(b) a man who has lost his valor.
(c) a man who disobeys orders.
(d) a man who thinks he knows everything.
4. What does Ahab do in an excited state after visiting the Samuel Enderby?
(a) goes to his cabin to sulk.
(b) twists and damages his ivory peg leg.
(c) passes out rum to the crew.
(d) dances a jig on the Pequod.
5. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
(a) Moby Dick is sighted off the starboard side.
(b) someone is stealing from the crew's lockers.
(c) there is a leak in one of the casks of whale oil.
(d) the rum ration has run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
3. What does Ishmael say the head of a sperm whale resembles?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)