|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ahab react to the intrusion by Starbuck?
(a) he does not understand what Starbuck tells him.
(b) he becomes concerned about the loss of oil.
(c) he flies into a rage and threatens the carpenter.
(d) he raises a pistol as though to shoot Starbuck.
2. What do Ahab and the captain of the Samuel Enderby have in common?
(a) they are both looking for revenge against Moby Dick.
(b) they are both looking for information about Moby Dick.
(c) they both lost a limb to Moby Dick.
(d) they are both insane.
3. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(a) an iron harpoon.
4. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
5. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the skin.
(b) the ivory teeth and bones.
(c) the head and tail.
(d) the blubber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Starbuck contemplate when he finds Ahab asleep?
2. What is the ship's carpenter assigned to do?
3. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
4. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
5. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)