|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 119-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the octavo whale.
(d) the albino whale.
2. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
3. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
(a) the ship is dead in the water.
(b) the crew are all asleep after fighting the storm.
(c) the ship has come aground.
(d) the ship is going in the wrong direction.
4. From what does the Pequod escape at sea?
(a) a giant squid.
(b) Japanese gun boats.
(c) Malay pirates.
(d) an ocean whirlpool.
5. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
(a) because he was sleeping in the boat.
(b) because one of the crew is injured.
(c) because he angered Captain ahab.
(d) because he begs to go along.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
3. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
4. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
5. What happens to Queequeg while he helps locate the oil leak?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)