|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
(a) make stays for corsets.
(b) carve animals.
(c) make ivory prostheses for men like Ahab.
(d) throw them overboard.
2. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(b) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(c) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
(d) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(c) their families back home.
(d) their experience in whaling.
4. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
(a) the oarsman.
(b) the captain.
(c) the harpooner.
(d) the first mate.
5. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
3. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
5. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)