|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) elegance and sophistication.
(b) ignorance and brashness.
(c) impetuousness and anger.
(d) common sense and intelligence.
2. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) tell sea tales.
(c) sing and dance.
(d) play cards.
3. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
(a) to men on a battlefield.
(b) to political conflicts.
(c) to areas of the human soul.
(d) to the harmony of mind and body.
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is double decked.
(b) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(c) It is covered with sharkskin.
(d) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
5. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
3. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)