|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
(b) they see a huge pod of whales.
(c) they meet another whaling ship.
(d) they are chased by pirates.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the dangers of the sea.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the marks of distinction.
(d) the time away from land.
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to become his friend.
(b) to ask for another room.
(c) to keep his pistol loaded.
(d) to convert him to Christianity.
5. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
(b) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
(c) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(d) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
2. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
3. Which boat from the Pequod is the first to harpoon a whale?
4. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)