|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
2. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(b) whales completely surrounding the ship.
(c) five men they had not seen before.
(d) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
3. Which boat from the Pequod is the first to harpoon a whale?
4. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He cannot sleep at night.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) He has lost his appetite.
(d) His hair has turned white.
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his first experience serving watch.
(b) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his work in the galley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
4. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
5. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)