|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
(a) its memory.
(b) its ability to destroy a large ship.
(c) its intelligence and cunning.
(d) its ability to stay for days under water.
2. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
(a) all eyes look to see lest he fall or hold onto anything to steady himself.
(b) all the crew thinks he has lost his mind.
(c) exactly where all the holes are made for his peg leg.
(d) all the crew are fearful of him.
3. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They look dazed.
(b) They do not know how to dress.
(c) They have on new Macintoshes.
(d) They are carrying large carpetbags.
4. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) crawls under the bed.
(b) sits on the floor.
(c) jumps up on top of the bed.
(d) turns around three times.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) return to shore in a small boat.
(b) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(c) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(d) leave the Pequod on a raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
2. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
5. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)