|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He explains why they are socially low.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He defends their crude manners.
(d) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
2. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become easily bored.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they ask too many questions.
(d) they analyze too much.
3. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
(a) he is eaten by the whale.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is promoted to harpooner.
(d) he is murdered by Steelkilt.
4. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(b) map making.
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) Balam and the ass.
(d) Jonah and the whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
3. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
5. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)