|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) offering to work for less pay.
2. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
(a) He becomes fearful and mutinous.
(b) He loses all his moral values and tries to kill Ahab.
(c) He changes into a madman.
(d) He remains the valiant and moral person he first appears to be.
3. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
(b) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(c) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(d) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they are ghosts and not real men.
(d) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Pequod.
(b) the Tit-bit.
(c) the Devil-dam.
(d) the Titanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
2. When the whale is harpooned, what action do the harpooner and the chief mate take?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
5. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)