|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
(a) they are too realistic.
(b) they are pictured in false colors.
(c) they are imaginary and not true to life.
(d) they are painted out of the water.
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Pequod.
3. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He has started to have seasickness.
(b) He has not yet seen the captain.
(c) He never sees Queequeg again.
(d) He decides he has made a mistake.
4. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) pray every day more urgently.
(b) make out his will.
(c) resign and jump ship.
(d) lead a mutiny.
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they analyze too much.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they ask too many questions.
(d) they become easily bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
2. When the whale is harpooned, what action do the harpooner and the chief mate take?
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
4. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
5. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)