|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(b) an elephant of the ocean.
(c) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
3. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
(a) other ships that have had bad encounters with whales.
(b) stories printed in British and American newspapers.
(c) interviews with survivors of whale attacks.
(d) his own experience with whales while he was at sea.
4. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
(a) the whale they harpoon takes a bite out of the boat.
(b) it gets stuck on the back of a whale.
(c) the boat takes on water and sinks.
(d) it capsizes and all are thrown into the water.
5. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
4. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)