|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(b) map making.
2. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) His hair has turned white.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) He has lost his appetite.
(d) He cannot sleep at night.
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(d) their experience in whaling.
4. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
(a) he is promoted to harpooner.
(b) he is murdered by Steelkilt.
(c) he is eaten by the whale.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) smoking his pipe.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) shaving with his harpoon.
(d) sharpening his hatchet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
3. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
5. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)