|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He decides he has made a mistake.
(b) He never sees Queequeg again.
(c) He has not yet seen the captain.
(d) He has started to have seasickness.
2. Why do people not comprehend the dangers of whale hunting?
(a) Whale hunting is romanticized
(b) Whales are seen as gentle creatures
(c) Deaths are not well publicized
(d) Few people die
3. Which crew member does Ishmael single out as having the most responsibility?
(a) the captain.
(b) the harpooner.
(c) the oarsman.
(d) the first mate.
4. Which of the following is a reason why whales are different from fish?
(a) They have lungs
(b) They have a sense of humor
(c) They can live on land
(d) They have spouts
5. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chaplain?
2. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
3. What was the name of the hotel the Spaniards were staying at?
4. What does the landlady want Queequeg to leave downstairs?
5. What did Ahab try to kill Moby Dick with?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)