|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) sits on the floor.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) jumps up on top of the bed.
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the heroism of whaling.
(b) the dangers of the sea.
(c) the time away from land.
(d) the marks of distinction.
3. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They look dazed.
(b) They have on new Macintoshes.
(c) They do not know how to dress.
(d) They are carrying large carpetbags.
4. How does Ishmael describe the whales he sees in the ocean?
(a) like ships without sails.
(b) like big gray buses.
(c) like big lumps of gray.
(d) like huge rocks in the water.
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He uses history to honor whalers.
(b) He defends their crude manners.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
2. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
3. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
4. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
5. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)