|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Humpback Inn.
(b) the Whale Bone Inn.
(c) the Spouter Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
2. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(b) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
(c) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(d) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
3. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) play cards.
(b) sing and dance.
(c) tell sea tales.
4. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He has started to have seasickness.
(b) He decides he has made a mistake.
(c) He never sees Queequeg again.
(d) He has not yet seen the captain.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are ghosts and not real men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What does Ahab question the men about?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. When the whale is harpooned, what action do the harpooner and the chief mate take?
5. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)