|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They do not know how to dress.
(b) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They have on new Macintoshes.
2. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on a hay cart.
(b) on their backs.
(c) in a taxi.
(d) in a wheelbarrow.
3. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
(a) he is murdered by Steelkilt.
(b) he is promoted to harpooner.
(c) he is eaten by the whale.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
4. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(b) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(c) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(d) the whale looked like an ice berg.
5. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of the moon.
(b) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(c) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(d) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
2. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
5. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)