|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) resign and jump ship.
(b) pray every day more urgently.
(c) lead a mutiny.
(d) make out his will.
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) bacon and eggs.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) ham and gravy.
(d) fish and chips.
3. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a closet.
(b) a bench in the dining room.
(c) a bunk in a communal room.
(d) a shared room with a harpooner.
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he adds comic relief to the story.
(b) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(c) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(d) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
5. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to ask for another room.
(b) to convert him to Christianity.
(c) to keep his pistol loaded.
(d) to become his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
2. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
3. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
4. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
5. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)