|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) sharpening his hatchet.
(d) smoking his pipe.
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
(a) whether the captain should take the helm.
(b) whether the captain should go on the boats.
(c) whether captains know enough about whales.
(d) whether captains should be harpooners.
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) Balam and the ass.
4. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(b) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(c) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(d) to a painting of the moon.
5. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(b) whales completely surrounding the ship.
(c) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
(d) five men they had not seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
2. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)