|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He has not yet seen the captain.
(b) He decides he has made a mistake.
(c) He never sees Queequeg again.
(d) He has started to have seasickness.
2. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Elm.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Sycamore.
4. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(b) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(c) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
(d) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
3. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
4. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)