|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Maple.
(b) Father Sycamore.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Pine.
2. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(d) map making.
3. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
(a) they are imaginary and not true to life.
(b) they are painted out of the water.
(c) they are too realistic.
(d) they are pictured in false colors.
4. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
(a) he seems to like only Queequeg.
(b) his ability as harpooner is questionable.
(c) his reasons for being on the voyage remained a mystery.
(d) he stays apart because only Ahab understands his language.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) sharpening his hatchet.
(d) smoking his pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
2. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
5. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)