|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) impetuousness and anger.
(b) ignorance and brashness.
(c) common sense and intelligence.
(d) elegance and sophistication.
2. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the sperm whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the octavo whale.
(d) the duodecimo whale.
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are ghosts and not real men.
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a taxi.
(b) on a hay cart.
(c) on their backs.
(d) in a wheelbarrow.
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a duodecimo whale.
(b) a folio whale.
(c) a Greenland whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
2. What equipment does Ishmael discuss including their descriptions and uses?
3. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)