|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(b) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
(c) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(d) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
2. Who does Queequeg remind Ishmael of?
(a) George Washington
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Nathan Hawthorne
(d) Tom Cruise
3. What does Ishmael say the whales look like as he watches them from above?
(c) Wet suits
4. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by climbing to the top of the mast.
5. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(b) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
(c) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
(d) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cape does the ship enter in Chapter 51?
2. Which boat from the Pequod is the first to harpoon a whale?
3. What is the name of the ship's chief mate?
4. Who does Ishmael say wrote about Greenland whales?
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)