|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-60 | Chapter 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He has not yet seen the captain.
(b) He has started to have seasickness.
(c) He never sees Queequeg again.
(d) He decides he has made a mistake.
2. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
(b) Queequeg's brother.
(c) Queequeg's father.
(d) Quequeg's uncle.
3. To what does Ishmael compare the differences between land and sea?
(a) to the harmony of mind and body.
(b) to political conflicts.
(c) to areas of the human soul.
(d) to men on a battlefield.
4. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
(b) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(c) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(d) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are ghosts and not real men.
(b) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
2. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
3. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
4. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)