|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
(b) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
(c) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
(d) the way they head south in the winter.
2. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(b) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
(c) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(d) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(c) map making.
4. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(b) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(c) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(d) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
5. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(d) offering to work for less pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
4. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)