|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is served last at the captain's table?
2. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a duodecimo whale.
(b) an octavo whale.
(c) a Greenland whale.
(d) a folio whale.
3. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who has lost his valor.
(b) a man who disobeys orders.
(c) a man who kills for sport.
(d) a man who thinks he knows everything.
4. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
(a) because it deals with whale stories.
(b) because it describes behaviors of whales.
(c) because it discusses the pecularities of Ahab.
(d) because it describes Moby Dick in detail.
5. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) jumps up on top of the bed.
(b) sits on the floor.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) crawls under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
2. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
4. Which character wants to go against Ahab's orders?
5. What is the name of the ship's third mate?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)