|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael say this chapter is the most important in the novel?
(a) It examines evolution
(b) It examines man's relationship with whales
(c) It is the longest
(d) It examines whale behavior
2. What was Father Mapple in his youth?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A gangster
(c) A judge
(d) A harpooner
3. What does Charity bring for the crew of the ship?
(a) A Bible
(b) Paper and pens
(d) A guitar
4. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He never sees Queequeg again.
(b) He has started to have seasickness.
(c) He decides he has made a mistake.
(d) He has not yet seen the captain.
5. Who does Flask choose as his harpooner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
2. What does Ishmael decide to prepare in this chapter?
3. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
4. Why do people not comprehend the dangers of whale hunting?
5. What does Tashtego see on the horizon?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)