|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Spouter Inn.
(b) the Whale Bone Inn.
(c) the Humpback Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
2. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the whale looked like an ice berg.
(b) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(c) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(d) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) an elephant of the ocean.
(d) an elongated fish with big eyes.
4. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) ham and gravy.
(b) bacon and eggs.
(c) clam and cod chowder.
(d) fish and chips.
5. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with a great deal of tension.
(b) by writing in a diary.
(c) with his sense of humor.
(d) by not thinking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
2. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
3. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
4. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)