|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Elm.
(b) Father Maple.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Pine.
2. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they are ghosts and not real men.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
3. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He has lost his appetite.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) His hair has turned white.
(d) He cannot sleep at night.
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) an elephant of the ocean.
(c) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(d) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
5. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(b) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
2. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
4. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)