|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a folio whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) a Greenland whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) clam and cod chowder.
(b) fish and chips.
(c) ham and gravy.
(d) bacon and eggs.
3. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
(b) the way they head south in the winter.
(c) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
(d) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
4. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Humpback Inn.
(b) the Whale Bone Inn.
(c) the Spouter Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)