|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(a) map making.
2. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
3. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
4. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(b) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(c) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(d) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
5. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
2. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)