|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) offering to work for less pay.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
2. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) in his cabin.
(b) still at home in his bedroom.
(c) bringing up the rear.
(d) standing on the deck.
3. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There are stowaways on board.
(b) There is live bait in the hold.
(c) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(d) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a closet.
(b) a bench in the dining room.
(c) a shared room with a harpooner.
(d) a bunk in a communal room.
5. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)