|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
(a) all the crew thinks he has lost his mind.
(b) exactly where all the holes are made for his peg leg.
(c) all the crew are fearful of him.
(d) all eyes look to see lest he fall or hold onto anything to steady himself.
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
(a) his reasons for being on the voyage remained a mystery.
(b) his ability as harpooner is questionable.
(c) he stays apart because only Ahab understands his language.
(d) he seems to like only Queequeg.
4. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their experience in whaling.
(c) their families back home.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his harpoon.
(b) a small lasso.
(c) his long arms.
(d) a long stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
2. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)