|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) with a great deal of tension.
(c) by not thinking about it.
(d) with his sense of humor.
2. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Maple.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Sycamore.
3. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) play cards.
(b) sing and dance.
(d) tell sea tales.
4. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They look dazed.
(b) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(c) They do not know how to dress.
(d) They have on new Macintoshes.
5. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He has lost his appetite.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) His hair has turned white.
(d) He cannot sleep at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
3. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)