|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(b) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(c) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(d) the whale looked like an ice berg.
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Devil-dam.
3. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
(b) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
(c) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
(d) the way they head south in the winter.
4. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(b) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
5. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they rise to the surface.
(b) they group to attack the whale.
(c) they kill themselves.
(d) they swim away in terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
5. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)