|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they rise to the surface.
(b) they swim away in terror.
(c) they kill themselves.
(d) they group to attack the whale.
2. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his work in the galley.
(b) his time in the whaling boats.
(c) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(d) his first experience serving watch.
3. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to ask for another room.
(b) to become his friend.
(c) to keep his pistol loaded.
(d) to convert him to Christianity.
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Devil-dam.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Tit-bit.
(d) the Titanic.
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(d) an elongated fish with big eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
3. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
4. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
5. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)