|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they meet another whaling ship.
(b) they are chased by pirates.
(c) they see a huge pod of whales.
(d) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) sharpening his hatchet.
(b) shaving with his harpoon.
(c) smoking his pipe.
(d) selling a shrunken head.
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) sits on the floor.
(d) jumps up on top of the bed.
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on a hay cart.
(b) in a wheelbarrow.
(c) in a taxi.
(d) on their backs.
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) crewmen on the Pequod.
(b) builders of the Pequod.
(c) part owners of the Pequod.
(d) outfitters of the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
2. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
3. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
4. Although the other four strange men blend in with the crew, what does Ishmael observe about Fedallah?
5. What does Ahab question the men about?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)