|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
2. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(b) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(c) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(d) return to shore in a small boat.
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(b) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(c) It is covered with sharkskin.
(d) It is double decked.
4. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) an octavo whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) a duodecimo whale.
5. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) pray every day more urgently.
(b) make out his will.
(c) resign and jump ship.
(d) lead a mutiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)