|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(d) their experience in whaling.
2. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he wore a grass skirt.
(b) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(c) he tried to kiss the bride.
(d) he danced on the table.
3. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) whales completely surrounding the ship.
(b) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(c) five men they had not seen before.
(d) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(b) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(c) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(d) he adds comic relief to the story.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) sharpening his hatchet.
(b) shaving with his harpoon.
(c) smoking his pipe.
(d) selling a shrunken head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
2. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
3. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)