|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There is live bait in the hold.
(b) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(c) There are stowaways on board.
(d) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
2. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their experience in whaling.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their willingness to sail for three years.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(d) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
2. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
5. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)