|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a bench in the dining room.
(b) a shared room with a harpooner.
(c) a closet.
(d) a bunk in a communal room.
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
(a) whether the captain should go on the boats.
(b) whether captains should be harpooners.
(c) whether captains know enough about whales.
(d) whether the captain should take the helm.
3. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
4. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) lead a mutiny.
(b) resign and jump ship.
(c) make out his will.
(d) pray every day more urgently.
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
2. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
3. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
4. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
5. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)