|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
(a) He changes into a madman.
(b) He remains the valiant and moral person he first appears to be.
(c) He becomes fearful and mutinous.
(d) He loses all his moral values and tries to kill Ahab.
2. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They do not know how to dress.
(b) They have on new Macintoshes.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They are carrying large carpetbags.
3. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
4. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(c) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Titanic.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Pequod.
(d) the Tit-bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
2. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
3. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
4. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)