|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(b) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
(c) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
(d) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
2. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(b) five men they had not seen before.
(c) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
(d) whales completely surrounding the ship.
3. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He finds no pleasure in life.
(b) He has lost his appetite.
(c) He cannot sleep at night.
(d) His hair has turned white.
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(b) It is covered with sharkskin.
(c) It is double decked.
(d) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
5. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
2. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
4. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)