|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first whaling experience, what does Ishmael decide to do?
(a) lead a mutiny.
(b) resign and jump ship.
(c) make out his will.
(d) pray every day more urgently.
2. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
(b) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(c) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
(d) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
3. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(b) the whale looked like an ice berg.
(c) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(d) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on their backs.
(b) in a wheelbarrow.
(c) in a taxi.
(d) on a hay cart.
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) a folio whale.
(c) an octavo whale.
(d) a duodecimo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
3. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
4. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)