|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49-50 | Chapter 51-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rumor start that Moby Dick is stalking the Pequod?
(a) a whale spout is seen at night every so often.
(b) no large fish are spotted near the Pequod.
(c) something keeps bumping the Pequod.
(d) a whale spout is seen only once every afternoon.
2. What is the encounter in the ocean that causes Ahab to come to the deck?
(a) they meet another whaling ship.
(b) they are chased by pirates.
(c) they hear strange musical sounds in the ocean.
(d) they see a huge pod of whales.
3. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) Balam and the ass.
5. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who kills for sport.
(b) a man who disobeys orders.
(c) a man who has lost his valor.
(d) a man who thinks he knows everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
2. What do Ishmael and Stubb discuss about captains and whaling?
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
4. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
5. What is Ahab aware of while he stands on the deck of the Pequod?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)