|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(b) he adds comic relief to the story.
(c) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his harpoon.
(b) his long arms.
(c) a small lasso.
(d) a long stick.
3. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) an elephant of the ocean.
(c) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)