|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who disobeys orders.
(b) a man who thinks he knows everything.
(c) a man who kills for sport.
(d) a man who has lost his valor.
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
3. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) elegance and sophistication.
(b) common sense and intelligence.
(c) impetuousness and anger.
(d) ignorance and brashness.
4. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(b) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(c) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(d) by defining the process of spotting whales.
5. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to become his friend.
(b) to convert him to Christianity.
(c) to ask for another room.
(d) to keep his pistol loaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)