|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) common sense and intelligence.
(b) elegance and sophistication.
(c) impetuousness and anger.
(d) ignorance and brashness.
2. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
3. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(b) He explains why they are socially low.
(c) He uses history to honor whalers.
(d) He defends their crude manners.
4. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his long arms.
(b) a small lasso.
(c) a long stick.
(d) his harpoon.
5. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
2. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
3. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
4. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)