|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(c) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(d) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
2. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(b) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
4. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
5. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
(a) He loses all his moral values and tries to kill Ahab.
(b) He becomes fearful and mutinous.
(c) He remains the valiant and moral person he first appears to be.
(d) He changes into a madman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
2. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
3. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
4. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
5. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)