|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They do not know how to dress.
(b) They have on new Macintoshes.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They are carrying large carpetbags.
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
4. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
(a) Quequeg's uncle.
(b) Queequeg's brother.
(d) Queequeg's father.
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) a small lasso.
(b) a long stick.
(c) his harpoon.
(d) his long arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
2. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)