|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(d) giving the owners shrunken heads.
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) smoking his pipe.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) shaving with his harpoon.
(d) sharpening his hatchet.
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are ghosts and not real men.
(b) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(c) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(d) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
4. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
(a) a man who thinks he knows everything.
(b) a man who kills for sport.
(c) a man who has lost his valor.
(d) a man who disobeys orders.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(b) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(c) return to shore in a small boat.
(d) leave the Pequod on a raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
5. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)