|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) a long stick.
(b) his harpoon.
(c) his long arms.
(d) a small lasso.
2. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) sits on the floor.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) jumps up on top of the bed.
3. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on a hay cart.
(b) in a taxi.
(c) on their backs.
(d) in a wheelbarrow.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) preparing for death.
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(b) his time in the whaling boats.
(c) his first experience serving watch.
(d) his work in the galley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
2. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
3. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
4. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)