|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) offering to work for less pay.
(b) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
2. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(b) They have on new Macintoshes.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They do not know how to dress.
3. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he adds comic relief to the story.
(b) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(c) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
4. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Maple.
(b) Father Elm.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)