|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Elm.
(b) Father Maple.
(c) Father Pine.
(d) Father Sycamore.
2. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He has started to have seasickness.
(b) He has not yet seen the captain.
(c) He decides he has made a mistake.
(d) He never sees Queequeg again.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the octavo whale.
(c) the sperm whale.
(d) the albino whale.
5. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(b) he tried to kiss the bride.
(c) he danced on the table.
(d) he wore a grass skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What does Ishmael say is the saddest thing about any man, no matter how bad he is?
3. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)