|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. Who is the second mate on board the Pequod?
3. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Devil-dam.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Tit-bit.
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a shared room with a harpooner.
(b) a closet.
(c) a bench in the dining room.
(d) a bunk in a communal room.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(d) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
2. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
3. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)