|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) sits on the floor.
(c) jumps up on top of the bed.
(d) crawls under the bed.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his work in the galley.
(b) his first experience serving watch.
(c) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(d) his time in the whaling boats.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) preparing for death.
(c) Balam and the ass.
(d) Jonah and the whale.
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he adds comic relief to the story.
(b) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(c) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
2. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)