|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He explains why they are socially low.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He defends their crude manners.
2. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They have on new Macintoshes.
(b) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(c) They look dazed.
(d) They do not know how to dress.
3. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) in his cabin.
(c) bringing up the rear.
(d) standing on the deck.
5. Days into the journey, what makes Ishmael uneasy?
(a) He never sees Queequeg again.
(b) He has started to have seasickness.
(c) He has not yet seen the captain.
(d) He decides he has made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)