|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(b) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) clam and cod chowder.
(b) fish and chips.
(c) bacon and eggs.
(d) ham and gravy.
3. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(b) bank clerk.
(c) newspaper reporter.
(d) merchant marine.
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(d) they are ghosts and not real men.
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Jonah and the whale.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) preparing for death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
3. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
5. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)