|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) an elephant of the ocean.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
3. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become easily bored.
(b) they ask too many questions.
(c) they analyze too much.
(d) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) preparing for death.
(d) Jonah and the whale.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(b) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(c) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(d) return to shore in a small boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
2. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
3. Which harpooner is chosen by Starbuck?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)