|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Ishmael assign to Starbuck, the chief mate?
(a) common sense and intelligence.
(b) ignorance and brashness.
(c) impetuousness and anger.
(d) elegance and sophistication.
2. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Sycamore.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Maple.
3. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) bank clerk.
(b) merchant marine.
(c) newspaper reporter.
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to convert him to Christianity.
(b) to become his friend.
(c) to ask for another room.
(d) to keep his pistol loaded.
5. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(b) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(c) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(d) by climbing to the top of the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
3. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)