|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(b) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
3. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
(a) to ask for another room.
(b) to keep his pistol loaded.
(c) to become his friend.
(d) to convert him to Christianity.
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Titanic.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Tit-bit.
(d) the Pequod.
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
3. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
4. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)