|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33 | Chapters 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) fish and chips.
(b) bacon and eggs.
(c) clam and cod chowder.
(d) ham and gravy.
2. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) builders of the Pequod.
(b) outfitters of the Pequod.
(c) crewmen on the Pequod.
(d) part owners of the Pequod.
3. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a wheelbarrow.
(b) on a hay cart.
(c) on their backs.
(d) in a taxi.
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(b) an elephant of the ocean.
(c) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
4. How does Ishmael foreshadow Starbuck's behavior throughout the novel?
5. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)