|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on a hay cart.
(b) in a wheelbarrow.
(c) in a taxi.
(d) on their backs.
2. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Sycamore.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Maple.
3. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He uses history to honor whalers.
(b) He defends their crude manners.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(b) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(c) offering to work for less pay.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his long arms.
(b) a long stick.
(c) his harpoon.
(d) a small lasso.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
2. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
5. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)