|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a wheelbarrow.
(b) on their backs.
(c) on a hay cart.
(d) in a taxi.
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) sits on the floor.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) jumps up on top of the bed.
4. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Maple.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Sycamore.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(b) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(c) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(d) return to shore in a small boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)