|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Elm.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Sycamore.
2. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are ghosts and not real men.
(b) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(c) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(d) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
3. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
(a) Queequeg's father.
(c) Queequeg's brother.
(d) Quequeg's uncle.
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) offering to work for less pay.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) clam and cod chowder.
(b) bacon and eggs.
(c) fish and chips.
(d) ham and gravy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
2. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
3. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
4. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)