|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) standing on the deck.
(b) still at home in his bedroom.
(c) bringing up the rear.
(d) in his cabin.
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Titanic.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Tit-bit.
(d) the Devil-dam.
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) Balam and the ass.
(d) preparing for death.
4. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are ghosts and not real men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
2. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)