|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(b) merchant marine.
(c) bank clerk.
(d) newspaper reporter.
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) selling a shrunken head.
(b) smoking his pipe.
(c) sharpening his hatchet.
(d) shaving with his harpoon.
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) jumps up on top of the bed.
(c) sits on the floor.
(d) crawls under the bed.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Jonah and the whale.
(b) preparing for death.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) Balam and the ass.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
3. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
4. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)