|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) bacon and eggs.
(b) fish and chips.
(c) clam and cod chowder.
(d) ham and gravy.
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
3. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
(a) Queequeg's brother.
(c) Quequeg's uncle.
(d) Queequeg's father.
4. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(b) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(c) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(d) by catching a large fish for dinner.
5. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
2. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
3. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
4. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
5. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)