|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a taxi.
(b) on a hay cart.
(c) in a wheelbarrow.
(d) on their backs.
2. What reason does Queequeg give for coming to America?
(a) He wanted to escape his homeland
(b) He needed money
(c) He wanted to visit a Christian country
(d) He wanted to experience freedom
3. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He explains why they are socially low.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He defends their crude manners.
4. What does Queequeg use to eat his breakfast?
(a) A knife and fork
(b) His harpoon
(c) His fingers
(d) His tomahawk
5. What is the name of the ship they are about to set sail on?
(a) The Gogol
(b) The Virgin
(c) The Rachel
(d) The Pequod
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
3. What do Queequeg and Ishmael do before they sleep?
4. What do Queequg and Ishmael use to smoke?
5. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)