|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(b) He explains why they are socially low.
(c) He uses history to honor whalers.
(d) He defends their crude manners.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(c) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(d) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
4. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he tried to kiss the bride.
(b) he wore a grass skirt.
(c) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(d) he danced on the table.
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Whale Bone Inn.
(b) the Spouter Inn.
(c) the Humpback Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
3. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
4. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
5. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)