|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(b) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(c) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(d) by saving a man who fell overboard.
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Titanic.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Devil-dam.
(d) the Tit-bit.
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a wheelbarrow.
(b) on their backs.
(c) on a hay cart.
(d) in a taxi.
5. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the marks of distinction.
(b) the dangers of the sea.
(c) the time away from land.
(d) the heroism of whaling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
3. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)