|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the dangers of the sea.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the marks of distinction.
(d) the time away from land.
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) bacon and eggs.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) ham and gravy.
(d) fish and chips.
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) jumps up on top of the bed.
(c) crawls under the bed.
(d) sits on the floor.
4. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
5. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
(a) Queequeg's father.
(b) Queequeg's brother.
(c) Quequeg's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)