|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) in a taxi.
(b) on their backs.
(c) in a wheelbarrow.
(d) on a hay cart.
2. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he danced on the table.
(b) he tried to kiss the bride.
(c) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(d) he wore a grass skirt.
4. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Whale Bone Inn.
(b) the Spouter Inn.
(c) the Humpback Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
3. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
4. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
5. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)