|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) offering to work for less pay.
(b) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
2. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) sharpening his hatchet.
(c) selling a shrunken head.
(d) smoking his pipe.
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) standing on the deck.
4. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by catching a large fish for dinner.
(b) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(c) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(d) by winning an arm wrestling match.
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He uses history to honor whalers.
(b) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(c) He defends their crude manners.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
4. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)