|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(b) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(c) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(d) he adds comic relief to the story.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(b) newspaper reporter.
(c) merchant marine.
(d) bank clerk.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) preparing for death.
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) outfitters of the Pequod.
(b) builders of the Pequod.
(c) part owners of the Pequod.
(d) crewmen on the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
2. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
3. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)