|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) a small lasso.
(b) a long stick.
(c) his long arms.
(d) his harpoon.
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Elm.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Maple.
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(b) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(c) he adds comic relief to the story.
(d) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) outfitters of the Pequod.
(b) builders of the Pequod.
(c) crewmen on the Pequod.
(d) part owners of the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)