|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) ham and gravy.
(b) bacon and eggs.
(c) clam and cod chowder.
(d) fish and chips.
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his long arms.
(b) a small lasso.
(c) his harpoon.
(d) a long stick.
3. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the time away from land.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the dangers of the sea.
(d) the marks of distinction.
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) jumps up on top of the bed.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) sits on the floor.
(d) turns around three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
3. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
4. What does Ishmael decide to do about Queequeg?
5. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)