|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
(d) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
2. How do Ishmael and Queequeg transport their baggage to the boat bound for Nantucket?
(a) on a hay cart.
(b) on their backs.
(c) in a taxi.
(d) in a wheelbarrow.
3. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the dangers of the sea.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the marks of distinction.
(d) the time away from land.
4. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his harpoon.
(b) his long arms.
(c) a small lasso.
(d) a long stick.
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)