|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(b) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(c) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(d) return to shore in a small boat.
2. What is the name of the Spouter Inn's owner?
(a) James Exhale
(b) Frank Tomb
(c) Peter Coffin
(d) Jack Spout
3. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) turns around three times.
(b) jumps up on top of the bed.
(c) crawls under the bed.
(d) sits on the floor.
4. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) Balam and the ass.
5. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(b) the Spouter Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Humpback Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ishmael find lodgings?
2. What is Ishmael's religious affiliation?
3. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
4. What does Charity bring for the crew of the ship?
5. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)