|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. How does Queequeg distinguish himself on the trip to Nantucket?
(a) by climbing to the top of the mast.
(b) by winning an arm wrestling match.
(c) by saving a man who fell overboard.
(d) by catching a large fish for dinner.
3. What is Queequeg's amusing story about the ship captain attending a wedding in his father's court?
(a) he used the punch bowl as a finger bowl.
(b) he wore a grass skirt.
(c) he tried to kiss the bride.
(d) he danced on the table.
4. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He defends their crude manners.
(b) He uses history to honor whalers.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(b) return to shore in a small boat.
(c) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(d) go wake up Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
3. Who is the High Chief or king of the island of Kokovoko?
4. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
5. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)